Food Stipulations

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 07:16 AM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Jac can you post a link to your pinterest please?
March 2nd, 2013, 08:31 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenpie View Post
yeah dh wants to go paleo but i am a no go. i am addicted to carbs. i have cut them out a ton but i still cant go without my occasional bagel and pizza and such.

thank you!
you're welcome!

my diet is "paleo-esque." not strict at all, but i go with what makes me feel good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Devon~ View Post
Jac can you post a link to your pinterest please?

Jacqueline (highjacd) on Pinterest

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
March 5th, 2013, 10:07 AM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feed Zane better than I eat myself because certain things make him a crazy child.

- Even though his school provides food I pack him a lunch because they do eat some processed foods that will not agree with him.

I bake snacks with Almond Flour and Honey.
I make fruit rollups in my dehydrator using only fruits and some lemon juice blended up.
No processed foods for him
He drinks water or Almond milk only. Sometimes he will drink some veggie/fruit juice I make in my juicer.
We limit dairy but don't cut it out completely.
I found that dyes make him a different kid so I avoid those.
I try to have him avoid gluten most of the time. He has stuff with gluten in it on the weekends and it doesn't affect him as much. I think having it in moderation works well for him.

I do try to buy mostly organic fruits and veggies.

I am pretty strict with him during the week with foods since it affects him listening at school. On the weekends we are alittle more relaxed, especially if we aren't home.

March 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
michelle, you should research feingold. zane sounds like my son!
March 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
some other diets to look into are GAPS and SCD.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
March 5th, 2013, 09:45 PM
I will Kristen, thanks!

Jac- Zane was on SCD last year when I was at my whits end with him not listening in school and at home. His pedi recommended it. That is how I started baking with Almond Flour. I noticed a huge difference within a few days. He was on it strictly for about 6 months, then I started adding little things back in his diet to see how it affected him.
I did SCD for about a month with him and I remember loosing 6 lbs the first week. I think cutting all the gluten out is what caused me to loose weight so fast. I really need to start eating better. I am fine with dinner but it is lunchtime at work that kills me.

March 6th, 2013, 10:06 AM
i thought gaps was just a temporary cleansing diet? what SCD?

feingold talks about salicylates being culprits, and im pretty sure apples are an issue with W.
March 6th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jac, do you meal plan or just play it by ear? I would be super curious to see exactly what you eat each day. How much time do you spend cooking each day? I love all of your food ideas and the health benefits but I hate cooking and get overwhelmed by the planning sometimes. Processed food makes me feel so sick though so I try to avoid it as much as possible. I do eat gluten though... Anyways, I'd love it if you posted exactly what you ate or are eating for a couple days. I may try to be a copycat.
March 6th, 2013, 06:24 PM
kristin i just saw this and may buy it...
Paleo Slow Cooking: Gluten Free Recipes Made Simple: Chrissy Gower, Robb Wolf: 9781936608690: Amazon.com: Books
March 7th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Michelle. View Post
I will Kristen, thanks!

Jac- Zane was on SCD last year when I was at my whits end with him not listening in school and at home. His pedi recommended it. That is how I started baking with Almond Flour. I noticed a huge difference within a few days. He was on it strictly for about 6 months, then I started adding little things back in his diet to see how it affected him.
I did SCD for about a month with him and I remember loosing 6 lbs the first week. I think cutting all the gluten out is what caused me to loose weight so fast. I really need to start eating better. I am fine with dinner but it is lunchtime at work that kills me.
that's great that it helped him! my friend started her family on SCD and her son, who was on the spectrum, is like a new kid! he was always angry and affectionate and now he is a happy kid who gives hugs. it also helped clear her other son's eczema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenpie View Post
i thought gaps was just a temporary cleansing diet? what SCD?

feingold talks about salicylates being culprits, and im pretty sure apples are an issue with W.
SCD is temporary too. you take a ton of foods out of your diet and basically start over from scratch and slowly add back more and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGirl View Post
Jac, do you meal plan or just play it by ear? I would be super curious to see exactly what you eat each day. How much time do you spend cooking each day? I love all of your food ideas and the health benefits but I hate cooking and get overwhelmed by the planning sometimes. Processed food makes me feel so sick though so I try to avoid it as much as possible. I do eat gluten though... Anyways, I'd love it if you posted exactly what you ate or are eating for a couple days. I may try to be a copycat.
i really suck at meal planning. i feel like when i plan a meal i spend way too much money on ingredients. i usually just cook based off of what i have in my kitchen.
i probably spend way too much time cooking, some meals are quicker than others of course. i do a lot of "one pot" meals, and those are usually quick.
i can post what we eat every night if you want. i actually did plan tonight's meal, but that is rare.
tonight we are having vietnamese style pork ribs and spring rolls. spring rolls are one of the only ways i can get Vincent to eat raw vegetables. <---Vincent picked the "happy faces."

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
March 7th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseradishmayo View Post
tonight we are having vietnamese style pork ribs and spring rolls. spring rolls are one of the only ways i can get Vincent to eat raw vegetables. <---Vincent picked the "happy faces."
Yum! I think my solution is that I just need to fly to your house every night for dinner. Sound good to you? Seriously though, I'd love it if you posted what you ate (that is when you remember of course!) and if there are links to recipes or something, that would be even more awesome.

Kristen, that book looks great too. I love crock pot ideas. Some of the reviews were saying that the recipes still use a lot of processed ingredients though, so I'd be interested to hear your opinion if you buy it.

I have found myself becoming even more sensitive to unhealthy/processed food while pregnant. I crave fresh, yummy ingredients and I can't seem to stomach anything bad for me. So, in a way, this baby is going to force me into perfect eating habits. My two unhealthy weaknesses have been root beer and Costco muffins though, I'll admit. Root beer has been my substitute for caffeine (I know it still has a million chemicals and is horrible for me) and Costco muffins are just a delicious, addicting craving. lol As soon as the muffins run out this time, I'm going to bake some homemade muffins and find a good granola bar recipe though. For lunch and dinner, I have been eating tons of various veggie stir fry's with brown rice or quinoa. Quick and yummy! Nobody else in the family seems to appreciate it though. lol
March 7th, 2013, 07:26 PM
i saw that too, i figured the recipes could be tweaked somewhat. this book just popped up on my fb feed, might be another to consider. From Your Freezer To Your Family: Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes: Mrs. Stephanie Brandt Cornais, Chef Matt Hagel: 9781619271623: Amazon.com: Books ill let you know which i end up getting! i need inspiration.
March 7th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Kristin you can make your own rootbeer!
Homemade Root Beer Recipe
should i post what i eat in this thread, or start a new one? do you want to know all meals or just dinner?

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
March 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM
last night i made thai fish stew for dinner. tonight we went out to dinner with the inlaws.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
March 10th, 2013, 11:46 AM
oops. disregard this.

Last edited by .Michelle.; March 10th, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
March 10th, 2013, 01:09 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Post a new thread Jac!
horseradishmayo likes this.

March 10th, 2013, 07:26 PM
my kids would never touch fish stew. see, i could never do it. you must have good eaters!
March 10th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Kristen, my kids love all soups, it's got coconut milk in it and it's delicious!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search