Hello :)

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 08:05 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies!!! I know I keep up with most of you guys on Facebook. Life gets in the way and keeps me so busy from posting/going anywhere else except work stuff, email and Facebook really anymore!

Hope everyone is doing well! Elizabeth is on her countdown for her birthday this month... March 28th she'll be 5!!! So only 23 more days. I thought I'd be really sad about it, but we're all really excited for her! She is ready to be a "whole hand" old hahaha.

She will be going to a Charter school here instead of our public schools (like DSD's go to) as I felt that would be the best learning environment for her (we'll see, we can always leave if its not a good "fit" for her) and we got our "official" acceptance letter last week to the school. Super excited about that... August 19th is the first day of "BIG SCHOOL" and let me tell you, she is READY and counting down for that as well. She is in the VPK (Voluntary Pre-K) class now and they have their big graduation on May 18th and shes excited because this summer instead of "pre-k" or "daycare" she'll be in the "summer camp" class for kids going to kindergarten so thats a pretty big deal, lol.

Other than Elizabeth keeping me busy, I'm just working. I graduated last semester w/ my Bachelors in Business Administration and Human Resources Management which was exciting. I'm still in the same job even though I don't really "use" my degree for it - I have excellent benefits and have been "secretly" job hunting for something I can use my degree with and receive a higher salary! Fingers crossed, hard to beat our benefits here.

Please tell me how you all are doing!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
March 5th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
So glad you checked-in! I know it is hard to find time for FB and JM, but after all this time it would be sad to lose our group.

Glad Elizabeth is doing great - August 19th seems so early for school to start, feels like summer still!

Good luck with the job hunt, I am in the same boat. Just need a change.
March 5th, 2013, 04:40 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I'm so glad you stopped in to update us. I hope you will pop in from time to time.

I pretty much keep up with everyone on FB too. Though I have wandered back here lately. As much as I like FB, I feel like we have a nice close knit community here on the board. I wanted to make sure I keep a closer relationship with all the ladies here. Seems like it's so much more intimate than any where else.

I was excited for you when you finished your degree. It is not easy going back once you have a family. So proud that you did it.
March 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Veteran
I'm not on FB so good to hear an update!! I put in for a charter school for Hugo too, but haven't heard yet. I just want something K-12 so I won't have to drop my kids at separate schools since we live so far out from everything else.
March 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Bonnie! I always follow you and Elizabeth on FB. She's adorable. I'm glad she's excited to start kindergarten in August. Good luck with your job hunt!

March 6th, 2013, 05:42 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, so cute how Elizabeth is so ready for school and summer camp - I bet with two big sisters, she wants to keep up and feel older.

Good luck with your job hunt!

March 6th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck finding a job that has all you want! Addy is going to a charter school too. It is cute how excited Elizabeth is to be a big kid and go to summer camp! It sure is bittersweet to watch them grow!
March 6th, 2013, 11:34 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Hey Bonnie, glad you stopped by.

March 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Hey Bonnie! Congrats again on your degree, and early congrats to Miss E on being SUCH a big girl!
March 8th, 2013, 05:59 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies. Yes, so excited that school is OVER (for now anyways, who knows what the future holds lol) and that I finally finished. I am pretty proud of myself too (as is my almost 93 year old grandmother as she paid for my entire schooling, what a blessing!)

Elizabeth definitely wants to keep up w/ her sisters - for sure. She learns a lot from them, the good AND the bad lol... hopefully she's taking notes on their not so good choices as what NOT to do in the future lol.

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search