Random Thoughts and Chit Chat

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 02:19 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
We are all set for next year too. Not much will change. Tuition went up $200 for the year but not a big deal. Paid $100 registration fee already and there will be another $135 for tech fee's and stuff come the fall. Not too bad though.

Yesterday was brutal. I was supposed to take Maddie to a dance class her friend invited her to but I couldn't hold anything down all day. It wasn't until 11 or so I could keep down some chicken noodle soup. I made it to work today and feel on the mend but I really need to take it easy.

DH has to go car shopping this weekend. They only cover the rental for 2 more days but they won't cut him a check until late next week. Usually they can give a letter of forthcoming payment we can use as a down payment for a new car and they pay the dealer the check directly. He's going to get a 2013 Acura TSX. He had a 2006. Which means payment will go up about 100$ a month Ouch.

We are having a fish fry tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMommyProject View Post
We're going back to Florida, but for 2 weeks this time. Mostly for Disney, but we are staying off site the first week to do other Orlando and Tampa area attractions, then a couple days at Cocoa before we do our on site Disney stuff. 7 of our days will be Disney, plus a day each at Busch Gardens, Legoland, Gatorland, Universal and Kennedy Space Centre.

I've got everything booked but the flights (waiting on a seat sale), so now I'm just in wait mode. I'm super excited.
Sounds awesome! When are you going?

March 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
our monthly childcare will go down about 400 per month with Sydney in school, currently we pay just under 500 per week for 2 kids, it is crazy expensive, more than our mortgage! that in and of itself makes me want September to hurry up and get here LOL

Hope you feel better soon Cyndee! bummer about the check/car but at least he gets a new car?? trying to look at the positive, if that's possible.

We have no plans tonight, just hanging around relaxing. My parents are coming in the morning to spend the weekend, maybe DH and I will go out tomorrow night, we certainly need an adult night out!

Florida sounds nice Gillian! can you believe I have never been to FL? I have been a lot of places but never there! what the heck! LOL

Kristin I also wish Sydney could of started kindergarten at age 4, she is more than ready now, she actually has been spending afternoons in Kindergarten at her current school (they offer private kindergarten) I hope she doesn't get bored when she actually starts! She keeps saying she wants homework, wonder how long that will last haha!!
March 8th, 2013, 06:45 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
What a fun trip Gillian!! I so want to take the girls to Disney but not this year.

Kindergarten registration is next month for us while the schools have spring break. Lily was wait listed for the math/science/engineering magnet school. She's 27 on the list, so maybe she'll get in. If not, the home school is great too. Math and science probably isn't her strongest area, but it feeds into the IB middle school which I want her to go to. She'll do great no matter which school she ends up at.
March 9th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Cyndee, has your DH considered buying a year or two used? He'd save a bundle and would probably decrease his monthly payment and have a car 5 years newer than what he was driving.

Out trip us in August, right before he's back to school.

March 9th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Actually used cars are in such high demand and overpriced up here, and the depreciation on Acura is so low that he'd only save about $1000 to buy a used car with under 25k miles on it. My Mazda sold a week after I traded it for $500 under what I bought it new - Honda sold it for $17850 according to the records. They were going to give me $13,000 for it but I ended up with $15,200 for the trade in value.

That would be true for other brands like Kia or Ford though.

I also think he will get a lower interest rate and a longer loan term on a new car which brings the monthly payment down too.

March 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Wow, those are crazy over inflated prices, makes you wonder why so many are still buying them to keep the demand that high. New definitely makes the most sense then. Just sucks that he'll end up paying more every month than he was, but on the plus side, he'll have a car that's 7 years newer.

March 11th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Happy Monday! not a fan of this whole time change business! *yawn*....was a nice weekend, got a lot of outside work done, gearing up to paint our house, stain our deck, etc. Now it needs to warm up and stay warm so we can get it all done!...Sam got a big boy bike, he is a pro already, not even 3 and riding a bike, how did my baby get so big!
March 11th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Usually the time change doesn't phase me much, but today I feel super tired. The dreary rainy weather probably isn't helping. Forecasting for a dumping of snow later in the week though... the usual St. Patty's day storm. It should be our last hurrah of winter.

It's School Break week here and I'm feeling blah because I'm working and Aidan is in daycare all week. I'm seriously considering taking the day off tomorrow and taking him to the science museum.

March 11th, 2013, 05:50 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate time change. Of course with everything else, I will get use to it. It is just the first week of getting used to the hours. I have been waking up at 4am to workout, now it feels like 3 am which is hard on me.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 11th, 2013, 08:53 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i really think the time change is so stupid. now that we've sprung forward i wish we could just stay there.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
March 11th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just vvv fyi, I may be a bit scarce for a while. My laptop broke ladt night so I am using my phone for internet access. hopefully dh can work some magic and fix it for me!
March 11th, 2013, 10:49 PM
oh that's a bummer, Kristin!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
March 12th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Bummer Kristen...agree about the time change, wish they would just keep it where it is now, we are all still tired in the mornings, 1 hr can really screw things up! it's rainy and blah here, so ready for spring and warm weather.
March 12th, 2013, 07:47 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I wish the sun would dry up mud faster! The girls are stir crazy and so am I. I could probably take my laptop into the front yard and work while they ride bikes this afternoon... we'll see. It's just so dirty and gross right now!
March 12th, 2013, 09:36 AM
looks like DH will be getting his new car on Thursday and this nightmare will be (mostly) over.

March 12th, 2013, 04:48 PM
That will be a relief Cyndee!!

The girls always handle the time change great, I'm the one that can't adjust. Abri was home sick yesterday and I got to spend half a day with her before DH and I switched. I really missed how easy it was to just hang out at home without rushing to daycare and work. I cannot wait until summer
March 13th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Happy Wed ladies...I have a training thing today for work, it's pretty much an all day affair, ugh! Hopefully my day goes fast, not sure why I volunteer for these things LOL
March 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM
spent a few hours at the children's museum with the kids this morning. it was fun! what's everyone doing today? it's quiet around here.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
March 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Work is crazy. It seriously makes me want to bang my head against the wall most of the time. I'm tired of the drama and power trip that the office manager thinks she has. She's not my boss but feels the need to lecture me and dump work on my desk that she doesn't want to do.
March 13th, 2013, 08:42 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We went to story time at the library, the kids played outside while I started working on my next knitting project, and then hike behind out house after dh got home. We are living this awesome weather.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search