Random Thoughts and Chit Chat

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I just went to Target for the first time, they just opened their first 4 stores in Canada and one of them is only about 20 mins from my house. Grand opening isn't until April, so they were really love on inventory yet, but so far, I definitely think it looks better than Walmart, even a new Walmart. Just seemed to have slightly better stuff. Lots of the same stuff too, but they seem to have a little bit in the price/quality range just over Walmart crap price range.

March 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ohhhh Target, you shall become addicted in no time ...I love Target! I buy a lot of the kids clothes there too, good, cheapish school clothes!

I am on a new assignment at work, I kinda want to jab my eye out! Never easy to get into the swing with new things LOL
March 14th, 2013, 02:55 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Target is awesome. Way better than Walmart. Too bad we have Walmart in my town and not target.

March 14th, 2013, 03:42 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I do love Target! Our Walmart just seems so dirty and junky. They never have what I need and the parking is a madhouse. Target just seems spotless in comparison.
March 15th, 2013, 12:55 PM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Super Target and a Walmart about 5 min from me. I go to Target all the time. I love it. I rarely go to Walmart. It is clean in ours but I just don't like the energy and people that frequent there. I always leave in a bad mood.

March 15th, 2013, 01:56 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I agree, I only go to walmart as a last resort for one item in particular - usually play sand. It's chaotic and low quality. Target doesn't have an outdoor item area by us so I go there for dvd's, gifts, toys, clothing, etc for maddie. I like their home stuff but I rarely have time to actually shop.

March 15th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I shop too much ha.....I am so glad it is Friday! I cannot wait to sit down and have a beer and forget about my chaotic work week
March 15th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I need to shop more...I am trying to figure out what to wear to a christening party on Sunday, Maddie needs new socks and shoes. yay.

DH invited a female coworker over for dinner last night and while I found it kind of weird since I've heard nothing about her prior she seemed nice enough. Seems she spent the past year and a half doing phone sex before getting hired in their marketing dept last january. Not sure how I feel about it all. He didn't say much so I got the feeling they know eachother much better than he let on to begin with. My hackles were raised but I'm keeping it on the DL for now and see what plays out. Then again, any young strange single girl your husband invites over for dinner would get anyone raising eyebrows. Would you think it's weird?

I surprised Maddie at her school by showing up for their parent invited St Patty's day "party" in her classroom today. My boss let me go early to go to one of them - I usually don't bother asking but today I could see she wanted me to come. The teacher pretty much told me I need to get "sick" may 10th for their mother's day tea party to show up at 1:00 there, she told me to "make it happen" pretty sternly. Sorry but I am a professional and I work, I'm not a SAHM using prek on the cheap to get my kid out of my hair like so many other moms. But the message was clear - it matters.

Last edited by *Cyndee*; March 15th, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
March 15th, 2013, 03:49 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cyndee, I agree that sounds off and weird. Keep an eye on it. I would hate if my husband invite over a single female that i never heard him talk about before.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 15th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Cyndee I would think it odd just for the fact that he never really mentioned her before, ummm IDK, my DH has lots of female friends but I am pretty sure any that he would invite to dinner I know pretty well already anyway.

I try to get to most of the kids functions at school but it isn't always possible, I do the best I can. Balancing a career and being a mom is surely not easy! Glad you got to go today!

I am finally done work, I cracked a beer! what a horrid week of work! wah wah wah
March 15th, 2013, 06:02 PM
That is kind of a weird dinner guest, mostly because of her former employment. A lot of DH's employees are young and single- like right out of college. At one point he had a beauty queen working there. He's totally oblivious to appearance though so I don't worry about it.

I'd try to get the time off for the Mother's Day tea. My boss, one of the owners of our firm, has left work to attend his kids' functions at school. DH has taken a day off to chaperone Lily's field trips before too. Those things are worth it, no matter how minor they seem
March 15th, 2013, 10:52 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that's nice that you got to go to one of Maddie's school functions...i bet she lit up when she saw you.

that is weird about the dinner/co-worker thing. :/

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
March 16th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Since Lilly goes to in home daycare I haven't had to deal with time off work for events but my partner teacher has taken off before to attend events in her kids classes in another district. I'm sure we will both end up taking off at some point.

It's going to be a really nice day here. Might go hiking in whitewater.

March 16th, 2013, 12:05 PM
The weather is beautiful here today. Mid 70s and sunny. DH is finishing up my raised garden planters. I wish Abri didn't have a fever or else she'd want to get out and play
March 16th, 2013, 03:31 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kaija and I just went and got Kolbie's birthday presents and then got her some new fish for her fishtank and a heater. I guess it got too chilly for the first round of fish so we'll give this a shot! Luckily the fish were on sale for $1!
March 16th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you were able to attend her school party. I bet she lived it! What I used to do was save all my vacation time for school events. Instead of taking off big chunks for a vacation, id take a couple hours here and there for the little things. Totally worth it in my opinion.

It has been hot here! It was 90 degrees just the other day. I an getting worried for sumner. In a good note, dh bought us a new vacuum today! Woohoo! You know you're a grownup when a new vacuum is exciting. Lol
TheMommyProject likes this.
March 16th, 2013, 10:55 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
tonight i went to a blessingway for a friend who is moving to montana to start an organic sustainable farm. it was really an awesome experience. lots of love and good vibes in the room. i'm sad to see her go, but so excited for her new adventure.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
March 17th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I try to attend as many of Aidan's "special" days at school as I can, but not all of them. I volunteered to chaperone their Fall field trip and took the day off for that. But, I did not go in for either their Halloween or Valentine's Day "party", which I'm actually kinda regeretting. Whatever the next one is, I'll be going. I do think it's important to be involved in his school experience, which is why I've joined the parent council and now leading up their volunteer coordination initiative. I want to be sure the administration and teachers know who I am, which makes Aidan less likely to just be another faceless kid in the system.

As for the dinner guest, my vote is for weird as well. I don't think the fact that he has a female friend is odd, my DH has some female work friends and I have male work friends, no biggie. I do find it odd that he'd know her well enough to invite her for dinner yet never mentioned her before. I would bet he does know her better than he's saying (as you sensed), but who knows what the motivation for the dinner invite is, could be smoke screen or could be a legitimate friendly gesture. I agree with your thought to keep an eye on the situation. I vaguely recall you posting something similar to this before, maybe a year or two ago about a female friend of his that was raising inner alarms for you, I don't recall the details. I assume this is a different person, and if so, I'd start to worry a bit about pattern here. Hopefully it's all on the up and up though! Did you question him at all about it? Not interrogation style, just conversation about who she is and why he hadn't mentioned her before?

March 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseradishmayo View Post
tonight i went to a blessingway for a friend who is moving to montana to start an organic sustainable farm. it was really an awesome experience. lots of love and good vibes in the room. i'm sad to see her go, but so excited for her new adventure.
That is awesome.

March 17th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I did ask. He said that he just thought we'd get along. I do hear you on the pattern. I have my eyes open but I'm a believer in if you look for trouble, you are going to find it, and I'm not one to implode a situation. All in due time. If it's innocent I owe it to him to let it be so. Trust first, ask questions later I guess.

I have a christening party to go to today. Not sure what to expect, I've never been to one where it wasn't a family member and that was 20+ years ago. It's at a firehall up the street.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search