Random Thoughts and Chit Chat

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how was the party, Cyndee?

poor Vincent is pukey today. i thought it was something he ate, but he keeps chucking so i'm thinking it may be a virus. no fever, and he's in good spirits at least. bummer we had to cancel a playdate, but oh well.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
March 18th, 2013, 02:23 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am about to lose my mind. Liam is just absolutely non stop. I love the kid to bits and adore that he's so inquisitive and intelligent, but for Pete's sake, I need the kid to stop talking once in a while. He has to explain every.single.Lego.creation in painstaking detail. He talks his way through absolutely everything he does. If he watches TV, he's constantly narrating the show, repeating everything they say, etc. He plays with other kids at parks or play dates 2-3 days a week, he gets tons of one on one time. Often when he's talking, I can tell his brain is moving too fast for his mouth. He... will... start... talking... This is the handle of my Lego tool... like... this. If I'm cooking dinner, he's not content for me to just look at what he's doing, he wants me to drop everything and stand there listening to a 20 minute monologue about Legos, cars, bowling, basketball, whatever.

I am really, really regretting not getting him in school this year. I feel like I failed him there.

March 18th, 2013, 02:35 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Shannon I have bad news. Since I weighted the box of vue cups it went missing. Well today I go in and they are all mixed in with our kcups and I'm like ***? I mean I had the package sealed and ready to go! Well apprently someone in my office opened it and tried using it in our kcup brewer, which ended up funkified last week. So the mystery of the funky coffee maker (which has disappeared after being marked DO NOT USE for 3 days) appears to be solved but now what?? I don't know if they are going to get a vue or a kcup maker or where 2 full boxes of vue cups went - one person speculates one of the bosses' took them home thinking they were purchased for the office by accident. I think I can salvage some but I will have to see what's left and run the flavors by you and repack and weigh. OMFG - we are a small office, I wish at least someone would step up and just say it was them but I think they are scared of being blamed for the damaged coffee maker LOL People drive me nuts.

3 more interviews today to hire help for me and 2 no shows. Unreal.

March 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
No worries Cyndee!

March 18th, 2013, 02:55 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shannon, Sydney goes to school and still talks like that! it's constant, she talks all. the. time. It' unreal how many words can come from a 5 yr old in day LOL...I feel ya! At times it is draining and if I don't pay attention she will talk an extra 10 minutes about how she really wished I had paid attention to what she was saying the first time she said it. I think some kids are just talkers! She also does the asking 100 question and narrating movies!

I have no idea what a "vue" is? coffee like a Keurig? I suppose I could google but "ain't nobody got time for that" ....I think I might be losing it, I am so tired and my head hurts, wah!
March 18th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Vue is the new Keurig model. It uses a different size cup than the original.

March 18th, 2013, 05:47 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Shannon- Lily is like that. While watching a movie: Why is she doing that? What will happen if she does? What happens if she doesn't? OMG just watch the movie. On our 10 minute drive from daycare the other day: What's the last state (as in last state in the US)? Why was it the last state? What would happen if it wasn't? Poor Abri usually starts crying "I wanna talk!" because she can't get a word in edgewise
March 18th, 2013, 10:02 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah Sarah talks non stop too....and often at inappropriate times. Vincent was throwing up and she was going on and on about how she couldn't find the PS3 controller so she could watch netflix. "your brother is puking....you need to learn when to just STOP TALKING!!"

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
March 18th, 2013, 10:06 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Oh good. Non-stop chatter is normal... obnoxious, but normal. I hate to admit it but I actually said today "I can hear you talking, but I stopped listening. I'm sorry, but you're melting my brain."

However, the really important questions, I pay attention to. Like "What is that guy singing gonna show us with his suit and tie on?" in reference to the new Justin Timberlake song. I need new cds for the car...
March 19th, 2013, 04:53 AM
So funny! Sydney is now for whatever reason asking about time as in "Mom, what time is it right now in China?" How about Africa? "ok then what about London?" "ok how about Florida" oh dear! I don't even know if I got all those answers right

It is so cold and dreary I wish the sun would come out! Tomorrow Sydney is getting her 3rd set of ear tubes, :/ She isn't phased by it, she remembers the last time and isn't worried about it she is just happy she gets to stay home from school without her brother LOL
March 19th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
So funny! Sydney is now for whatever reason asking about time as in "Mom, what time is it right now in China?" How about Africa? "ok then what about London?" "ok how about Florida" oh dear! I don't even know if I got all those answers right
There's an app for that.

Aidan's a chatter bug too. We know how chatty he is, but he's also shy so he doesn't talk much until he's built some trust up with a person, so often people think we're lying to them... until he starts to talk and never stops. My DH always quotes Shrek "Getting him to talk is easy, getting him to shup up is the hard part".
kimmiejo likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Liam starts conversations with everybody. At the grocery store yesterday he started babbling to this random man about how he's interested in Lego and his brother likes cars. The man was absolutely ignoring him, but he just kept talking. When I tried to get Liam to stop, he started getting upset about the man not listening to him.

March 19th, 2013, 04:40 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
We bought a fence!

It will be installed next Friday (good Friday) the day before our Easter Egg hunt!
Yay for 10 years of peace of mind!

Ouch to $2500 but it's an investment. May get a dog next year.
horseradishmayo likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 05:01 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's going to be a long day. Dh woke me up at 2am (having an acid reflux flare up) and I haven't been able to go back to sleep since. It is 5am and the kids will get me up at 6. I feel like in going to fall over and I'm still in bed.

March 20th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Happy Wed! Syd got her tubes in this morning, went perfectly, we are home and resting now. Hopefully this is the last set she will need, one can dream! The sun is shining but it is chilly, I wish it would warm up!

I didn't sleep well last night either, kept waking up blah!

Yay for a fence, exciting LOL funny the things that excite us as we get older haha ...and speaking of dogs ours is really slipping, he is so old, poor thing, it's really hard when they get so old and unhealthy, it's hard deciding when enough is enough :/ ugh not to mention I know when his time comes the kids will be begging for a puppy right away, they have never not had a dog. Not sure I am ready for the puppy years again!
March 20th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Cynd - congrats on the fence and congrats on reaching the stage of your life where getting a fence is exciting. Wait until your first major renovations.

Kim - glad the surgery went well, she sounds like a real trooper. Sorry about your dog, it is so hard when they get old. We had 2 dogs shortly after we were first married and one of them ended up struggling a lot in his old age and in hind sight, I think we held on a bit too long, but I'll never forget the day when we finally realized that enough was enough, it was tough. The other one, poor old thing, was over 15 years old, mostly blind and had to be carried most places (she was a pug, so it was doable), but otherwise good to go. She had a bladder infection and ended up dying at the vet's office when we were getting her checked out, so she made the decision for us. Equally as tough. So *hugs*, I feel for ya.

As for me, I had a craptastic morning. Aidan woke up before I had to wake him (which has happened exactly zero times before on a school day). It was only a half hour early and I thought, bonus, no fight to get him out of bed. Well, he made up for it by being in the worst, snotty, defiant mood he's been in a long time. I ended up yelling at him because I lost my patience and it was just not a good morning at all. I hope he comes back from school in a better mood!

March 20th, 2013, 08:13 AM
our Bernie is 14 yrs old, he is a Boston Terrier...he has cataracts, can't hear at all, has seizures which he takes meds for but they are starting to happen more often. he also has been peeing in the house a lot lately which is something he never did! so I know his bladder function is going too. His liver functions are way off the vet keeps telling us we should get him a doggie ultrasound to look at his liver but he is 14 yrs old???? what are we gonna do give him a liver transplant? I think not LOL. It's like we are running a doggie nursing home over here :/...but at the same time he still gets around and eats and is generally not in any pain. I don't know, I feel like when it's "time" we will know, I don't want him to suffer. I have this hope that he will just fall asleep one day and that will be it, no suffering, no decisions, it would just make it so much easier on everyone. My DH is extremely attached to him, I think he might have some kinda breakdown when it happens and I also think he will be the one to resist making any decision. ugh ugh ugh...dogs are great but this part isn't! ok enough of my dog woes LOL
March 20th, 2013, 08:21 AM
and sorry you had a crappy morning, mornings like that are the pits! Hopefully his mood is better upon his return from school!
March 20th, 2013, 09:17 AM
We're heading out the door shortly to take E to the pedi. He's had a few spells that look like low blood sugar (low body temp, shaky, etc), including one last night. I've always been able to rationalize them away as him being cold, but not last night's. He was in a blanket sleeper, with a blanket, and in a warm room. Adding in to that the fact that he's always thirsty, eats a ton and doesn't gain much weight, and was preemie. I'm nervous. I called the nurse line at 8:15 and she had him scheduled for a 10:00 appt.

March 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kup. Hope he is okay.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search