Random Thoughts and Chit Chat

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
It just stopped snowing after 4 straight hours. Maddie woke up with a cough but no fever yet and the cough got better once she was up (5:30am) for the day and moving around. I woke up at 4 and couldn't fall back to sleep so I didn't mind too much, I went to bed early last night thank god.

March 25th, 2013, 11:11 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the nice thing about snow this time of year is it doesn't stick around for long, all that snowing and most of it is melted. Syd has a stomach bug, I hope we don't all get it, maybe it was something she ate, who knows. DH stayed home with her and they are having a movie day.
March 25th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I've been battling a head cold since last week. I'm not full blown sick, but I'm not super healthy either. Bleah. Plus, AF is in the house, so I really just want to crawl under the covers and come back out again in a few days.

March 25th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Another dud on ordering shoes online. When will I learn. So off to the mall I go this week with child in tow to find shoes for this weekend. Ugh.

No desire to cook tonight. again. At all.

March 25th, 2013, 03:24 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its going to be a fight to stay in the reserve... As much as I hate it sometimes, I really don't want to get kicked out because of PT. My 1st sergeant called me today and she is going to recommend to our commander to not discharge me but to recommend to retain me. They have to submit a package to our wing commander and his should be to retain me and not discharge me.

I have a good feeling she will be calling me into her office the next reserve weekend.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 25th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I don't get it Lisa. You passed the physical tests but it's about measurement?
My sister, after he first baby, was deemed to have a "physique unbecoming of an officer" and they drilled her in boot camp and she could pass the tests but not lose weight. They then found out she had hypothyoridism. But even with meds she struggled to meet their demands and was out after a 4 year TOD.

March 25th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lisa, that stinks that you have to go through all that just for measurements. Unfortunately, I've known too many people kicked out for stupid reasons. How much weight do you have to lose and how long do you have? Can you hire a personal trainer?
March 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
I failed overall. They count the sit-ups, pushups, run and waist. Depending on how well I do in each area, we get a certain amount of points. The points have to come out to 75% plus passing each category.

In my last test, I did fine in sit-ups, pushups and run (there is always room to improve) but they measure my waist 2in larger which made my overall score below 75% but I also failed the waist category.

They are getting very strict about passing the PT test and are in the process in kicking people out. I can pass, I have passed.

As much as I complain about the reserve, I don't want to get kicked out for PT. She is giving a chance and said if I show improvement, its okay. The measurement could have been a mistake in not measuring me correctly because I don't think I gain 2" in 6 months. It still could have been a failing measurement because I’m also very close to the max for the waist and that is with sucking it in. I need this push. I need to lose the inches so I don’t have to suck in so much just to pass.

<

March 25th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Sounds like you could use some core training. Slim in 6 is good for that in my small experience. I lost 2 inches in the first 3-4 weeks, but couldn't keep up with it. I suck at working out tho.

March 26th, 2013, 03:15 AM
maybe I'll try that too. Thanks. I've been working on some core training since failing

<

March 26th, 2013, 05:52 AM
running is always great for losing inches/weight fast for me, of course I also hate to run but it does show results, also pilates is great for toning up your core, good luck!! I have been back to working out regularly (4-5 times a week) for about 2 months now, def makes me feel better. I tend to stick to weight training and walking.

Syd is better, she went to school today. Hopefully no one else gets it, maybe it was just something she ate not agreeing with her.

I can't wait for the weekend, I am looking forward to going "home" haven't been there in a while.
March 26th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Training is obviously your best and healthiest bet. If it comes down to desperation in the last week though,, there are a few quick tricks you can do. Avoid all salt and drink lots of water to remove bloating (not too much water the day of), have a slimming wrap at a spa the day of or night before, and obviously eat a very light dinner and breakfast. Those things may help if you need it. (They are things i have known models to do before a big show, along with upping cardio) But, hopefully some extra cardio and core training will mean you won't need tricks.
March 28th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I have so much to do and no time to do it, work is so hectic lately! we are supposed to leave for my parents tomorrow when I am done work, chances are I will be packing 5 minutes before! and it's gymnastics night, always a busy night on Thursdays!
March 29th, 2013, 05:31 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
What's everyone up to this weekend? I hope some of you get to enjoy a long weekend. My daycare was closed today but both DH and I had to work. My parents watched the girls today and they got to dye eggs, make magic wands with paper towel rolls and decorated with ribbons and puppy stickers. I think they had fun
March 29th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I got the fence installed, catering picked up, grocery shopped, cleaned like a fiend, and stuffed eggs for the hunt/lunch party tomorrow.

March 29th, 2013, 10:32 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I just finished inventing 2 hours of work... Well in reality it was probably 45 min of work...ah well!

I ventured to Walmart to get Easter basket goodies - what a nightmare. I didn't want to go there but it was almost 9 so I didn't want to feel rushed at Target. The people in line behind me complained about how long the wait was and then as I was loading my cart they asked the poor woman to scan everything and tell them how much it was before they decided to buy it... I'm sorry, but are you ******* kidding me!? I should have bought that woman a snack. She was probably 70.

Tomorrow we're going to clean up the yard and dye eggs. My sister got the girls a 3-month subscription to Kiwicrate for their birthdays and the first one came this week so we're going to do the crafts in it, too. Sunday we'll go to church and eat yummy ham!
March 30th, 2013, 05:24 AM
my daycare was also closed today. Ryan took off with the boys and it seem like a rough day. They were working in the yard and Ryan told them to back away. Nope... So Aiden was hit in the face with a small rock twice, Preston was hit, then later that day Aiden ran into the door and also hit his knee.

Both boys are scared of dogs. We are working with them but it just take time. They lady who lives behind us has a huge dog. When I got home the boys were petting this dog that was Aiden height. They said it took time but he was very friendlyand they boys loved petting him.

<

March 30th, 2013, 08:46 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are hosting Easter at my house so did the groccery shopping Thursday and today is mad cleaning rush. Fun fun.

March 30th, 2013, 09:20 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday, we had some friends over to color eggs and play for a while. They ended up staying 5 hours. It was so nice to just hang out.

We decided to order takeout for dinner from a new BBQ place in town. It was awful. Maybe its because I know what good BBQ tastes like, but I was really disappointed. I'd heard great reviews of it. All the sides were bland and hardly seasoned except the onion "tanglers" that were totally over salted. The Polish sausage tasted more like bratwurst, the "turkey breast" was more like thick sliced lunch meat, and DH's meal came with 3 ribs. 3?! The chopped brisket was ok. And the rolls were decent.

Go figure, the kids are sleeping in this morning. We have the neighborhood egg hunt to be at by 9:45. Its 8:20 and the kids are still sleeping. They never sleep this late! Then the boys and I are going to meet my friend at the fabric store to look at some things for her wedding. DH will be home doing yard work while we shop. Seems like a fair trade to me!

Tomorrow, we'll do baskets and a small egg hunt here before going to my grandpa's for the big family brunch and egg hunt.

March 30th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Egg hunt was a total success! Kids had a blast and it was nice to see friends again in my home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search