Random Thoughts and Chit Chat

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 08:26 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I've learned you can only fight and front the sickies so long until it takes you down. Today is my down day So congested my eyes are gooping up, my sinus' have felt filled of acid for the past 3 days. At least the headaches are going away.

I wish there was a GymboFriends for adults. I've started spring/summer shopping for Madison and it's so easy!

I signed up for a consignment sale and the deadline for inventory is in 10 days and I have not yet started. I hope I don't waste my fee and get around to it.

Having a fish fry tomorrow night! Been a year, and lent is the season!

Our annual egg hunt is planned and we have 8 kids coming and 10 adults so I'm going to make it a feast and a party the day before Easter. We are eggcited

Worth a watch ZEITGEIST 2: ADDENDUM (FULL MOVIE!) - PLEASE SHARE - YouTube
~Devon~ and horseradishmayo like this.

March 7th, 2013, 09:08 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Feel better! and I wish we could come to the egg hunt, sounds fun! We usually go to my parents for Easter if it changes we will be there!

Today is my Friday, no work tomorrow. Syd is registering for kindergarten and then we are going out to lunch and maybe the mall. No other weekend plans, my parents may visit I am not sure yet.

Syd is getting tubes again on the 20th, this is her 3rd set! her poor ears! if we are still in this situation next year we might consider having her adenoids out. That is what helped me as a kid when I had ear issues, our ENT said to try another year of tubes and then we will discuss.

Sam is going to be 3 in a little over 2 months, how is my baby boy almost 3? crazy!

We had parent/teacher conferences last week and both kids got great reports! Both are smart, ahead of the game, loving, well behaved kiddos per their teachers, maybe they tell everyone that?

We booked our summer vacation, woot!

that's my random of the day!
March 7th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Where are you going for summer? Can I come too LOL

March 7th, 2013, 10:36 AM
we rented a house here Lake Naomi Pennsylvania Recreational Community ? Poconos, PA Vacation Rentals, Lakefront Homes, Kids Camp, Family Resort, Tennis Center it's in the Poconos, I cannot wait to go! my parents are coming with, you guys should come up for a day or 2!
March 7th, 2013, 03:05 PM
It's official: DH's car is a Total loss

March 7th, 2013, 03:31 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That sucks Cyndee!

I am beyond exhausted again today. My office manager was out sick again today leaving me slammed. I should not have gotten up early to run. It zapped my energy reserves. She only sneezed a few times on Tuesday so I seriously doubt she is all that sick. I am having a hard time getting along with her so I find her excuses to be really lame. She's called out for a headache, for being tired, for sleeping too much the day before, for being dehydrated. It's ridiculous. Okay my rant is over. I will blame the pregnancy hormones
March 7th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Cyndee and Kim, it sounds like you guys have some awesome plans coming up!
Courtney, that definitely stinks that you have to pick up her slack for her lame excuses.

Nothing much here, I have been working on scheduling more activities outside the house and on trying to do a better job of keeping up on housework. I know this seems silly, but I'm just not very good at keeping up with chores and I know it would make dh happier if I could do a better job. I signed London up for swim lessons twice a week, so that is really fun! I really want to sign myself up for an activity as well, but can't decide if I can really afford it. I would love to do either prenatal yoga or sign up for a language course. Kindergarten registration isn't until May for us! That seems soooooo late! Also, school starts in mid- August- just 2 weeks after my due date! This could be a little crazy!
March 7th, 2013, 05:23 PM

March 7th, 2013, 08:52 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry about your dh's car, Cyndee.

tomorrow we are registering for kindergarten...i can't believe it.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
March 8th, 2013, 02:19 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our registration is next month. I can't believe our babies are 5 and starting school. I'm getting a sore throat. I've been working for the last 12 days straight and can't wait until I get a day off. When I have reserve duty, I normally take a day off but with my new job I want to show I am more responsible. My other jobs I never cared about being there or the job but this job, I see the potential once I learn more. I have a lot to learn still

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 8th, 2013, 05:29 AM
sorry about the car Cyndee! .....we are off to registration in about a 1/2 hr, Syd is running around like a nut so excited about this whole thing haha...and it's snowing, yuck!
March 8th, 2013, 05:51 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kaija had kindy registration last week. Now she can't stop asking when it will be August! Our school has a balanced schedule so the start Aug. 6th and get out June 10th or something crazy. But they have 2 full weeks off in October and March. She's really excited.

I've been trying to be more disciplined with my work schedule the past 2 weeks. Which is nice because I can actually have a full day off instead of working a few hours here and a few hours there. Plus our company is now so big they are starting to go through the staff and see who is really a contributing member and who isn't really pulling their weight. I'm MORE than pulling my weight, all things considered. But since I'm the ONLY fully remote worker apparently there are some questions among executive staff that doesn't know me that well. Luckily I have my sister, who is my immediate manager, and another member of the execs that are 100% on my side and are great. Plus I've had a kick *** couple of weeks with an assist on a hire (I work for a recruiting company) and I rolled out a new project that I fully own. So hopefully that will help.
March 8th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
All of you registering for kindy brings me back to last year at this time when I was freaking out too. Wait until Aug/Sept, then you'll really feel it! But, I can tell you, that it doesn't take long to sink in and settle into a new routine. Even with all my anxiety over the school bus, it was still old hat after the first few weeks. Aidan loves school and he's looking forward to moving up to SK next year where he gets to be a bit of a mentor to the JKs in his class.

I'm already super anxious for our August vacation and kinda wishing that I had opted for a March trip instead. Patience is not my strong point! I did book us for 2 nights at Great Wolf Lodge in April, plus we have decided to visit our parents over Easter, so those little trips should tie me over.

March 8th, 2013, 07:17 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where are you going in August?

Oliver is in full two year old mode. Omg. I think he actually threw himself on the floor last night. He is normally such a laid back little guy

March 8th, 2013, 07:18 AM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
We should hopefully find out this month if we got into the school I requested. I'm not impressed with our home school so I applied for a transfer to a parent participation school.
March 8th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Aidan's Mommy
We're going back to Florida, but for 2 weeks this time. Mostly for Disney, but we are staying off site the first week to do other Orlando and Tampa area attractions, then a couple days at Cocoa before we do our on site Disney stuff. 7 of our days will be Disney, plus a day each at Busch Gardens, Legoland, Gatorland, Universal and Kennedy Space Centre.

I've got everything booked but the flights (waiting on a seat sale), so now I'm just in wait mode. I'm super excited.

March 8th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Kindergarten registration is complete, I have to say it was a little overwhelming they do it during the school day and her elementary school is K-6 so we were standing in the lobby waiting, the bell rang and kids started pouring in, packs of kids, little ones and big ones, loud ones and quiet ones. Syd looked scared and started to get all teary and then I started feeling completely panicked and like I might burst into tears too lollll BUT we made it haha, the teachers all seem sweet, I am sure it will be fine and if it isn't, well?? it has to be fine haha.

Then we went to the mall for some retail therapy
March 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Kim - she'll do awesome! She's already in a structured environment, so that part of the transition should be smooth for her. Do they stagger her entry at all? Up here, the first couple of weeks were a couple of hours at a time before they were on the full schedule. For those that do have a harder time transitioning, I think that helps a lot. Unless you have a kid like mine (and several others), complaining because they had to leave early.

The other thing at our schools, that I found comforting, is they segregate the school yard by grade level, so you don't have the big kids accidentaly plowing over the little 4 and 5 year olds. They keep they kindies all nice and fenced in... so they can't escape.
kimmiejo likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 11:35 AM
they do a transition period, our school brings 1/2 the class in at a time, so 1/2 on one day, then the next day the other 1/2 and then on the 3rd day it's the whole class. There is also an orientation day when we go with her the week before, I think it will be totally fine once we both just get used to the new schedule. They also separate the kids outside so that's good. I know it will be fine, she is totally used to school and schedules and all that and she makes friends easily so I am really not THAT worried about it, it's just getting used to it all! the first day might be a little emotional but after that I have faith it will be smooth sailing!
March 8th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so jealous of all the kindergarten registration going on! I don't know why our school does it so late here... May seems ridiculous. I want to get the ball rolling and see the school. They do have an open house this month so I think we might go and check it out. London is so excited, she can't wait! I really wish we could have done kindy this year. She was more than ready. Oh well. The more I think about it, an August start will be perfect with a late July baby. It will give London something exciting to look forward to and some structure when I am suddenly launched into crazy newborn mode.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search