Outdoor Toys

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 05:20 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Do you have plans to acquire any new outdoor toys or play items for this summer?

What have been your mainstays you've gotten the most use out of?

What have they outgrown or needs to be replaced?

We have decided to get a large sand table since she plays with it the most.

We have had the sand and water cart for a few years and it's gotten the most use by far. It will just be a water cart for now with toy storage below.

The playhouse she's outgrowing, I think this is the last year for it, as well as the little picnic table by and find a larger one

March 9th, 2013, 06:34 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
No big plans this year. The girls use the sandbox a lot so we'll replenish the sand but that's probably it. I need to clean up the water table, it didn't get a lot of use last summer but that was more my fault for not filling it or cleaning it.
March 9th, 2013, 06:57 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going to get Sam a big boy bike today, I was trying to wait until his birthday but this weekend is pretty nice to be out and he wants a big bike, he rides Sydney's bike and then she gets mad and they fight!! His trike is too small and with the time changing and temps warming up we will be walking after dinner and he just needs it now. Other than that no plans for anything, we have a big wood playset, a sand table, a picnic table, grill, etc. They have more than enough to keep them occupied outside.
March 9th, 2013, 07:28 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every summer I say I want to get a swing set but we still haven't. We will see if we get around to it this summer. :-)

We have that same playhouse you posted cyndee, a sandbox, that same picnic table.

What gets the most use are these little wagons we picked up from somewhere. The kids like to wheel them around and pick flowers and grass and acorns and put them in their little wagons.

Not the best pic but you get the idea.

March 9th, 2013, 09:16 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The boys love their bikes, tricycles, skate board and scooter. We haven’t really thought about getting them anything else. We will just have to wait and see.
I think Ryan want to get a basketball hoop.

We used to have a water table which we gave away when we moved. I hated it. There is a pile of sand on the ground that the boys love to play in so maybe if I convince Ryan we will get some type of sand box.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 9th, 2013, 12:56 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
The girls got a swing set for Christmas, so that will get used a lot this summer. I need to clean the water table because they would like it. We also have their bikes. I'm hopeful that Abri will get the hang of peddling and steering this year
March 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I so, so wish that we actually had a yard to play in. I'm really hoping we'll be able to afford a place with a yard within the next few years. Anyways, for now, London has her own porch. We have a play kitchen and a few random toys out there for her to play with. On our main porch, we have some plants she likes to water every day. This summer, it will probably be time for a new, bigger bike. I think we'll also make use of our pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, mini golf course, playgrounds, etc. We may not have a yard, but luckily our community does have lots of awesome amenities to make up for it.
March 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We did get Kolbie a 12" bike already. We had a nice couple of days a few weeks ago so we go the bikes out. Kolbie kept bumping her knees on the handle bar of her tricycle so DH loaded her into the car and got her a new bike and helmet as an early birthday present.
March 9th, 2013, 02:12 PM
We don't have sidewalks on our street and are on a busier road, so it's hard to use bikes/scooters as entertainment unless we move our cars back in the driveways. Even then all she can do is circles without us taking her somewhere. We will soon though, I have to get my bike in shape again and we can drive to a park with paths.

March 9th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
No plans for anything major new this year. We aren't really around that much on the weekends, so outdoor stuff doesn't get a ton of use. When we are around, he prefers just nature walking and collecting rocks and pine cones anyway.

We bought a few of these AquaPlay sets for him last year and make a big system out of it that takes up way too much deck space. He ended up playing with it more than his old standby water table.

We have his play structure and dome monkey bars that he doesn't use a ton, but they're there for him. We also have an assortment of water play things, sprinklers, slip 'n slides, etc...

He has a bike, but we have a gravel drive and an 80km/h country road, so we drive him to a nearby school and let him ride there, he really likes it.

Last edited by TheMommyProject; March 9th, 2013 at 06:13 PM.
March 12th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We seem to have it all. We bought a wooden swing set when she was 2. We have a little plastic house. Sandbox under the swing set. We got a water table last summer which they loved. We have the grill too. Our yard is fenced in which is nice. We also live on a quite street on a dead end. Perfect for riding bikes, scooters, taking "babies" for walks. I can't wait for the warm weather.
March 12th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Well she can't stand up in the playhouse anymore We gave away her grill last weekend and guess we will have to sell the playhouse this month sometime.

March 12th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Miranda now wants a "big" house. We went to a baby shower and they had a shed that was painted pink and just for the kids. So now that's all she talks about. We looked into it and a cheap one is $1000... So that's not happening.
March 21st, 2013, 08:51 PM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Christmas he got a big bike. It is actually too big for him but he can ride it fine and he will grow into it. When he stops it falls over on its side since he can't reach the ground sitting on it. We just wanted to get him something that he won't grow out of too quickly and I think by the end of the year it will be perfect for him.

I am not sure if we will get anything large for this summer.Maybe just some new smaller outdoor toys to play with. He usually plays with sticks or brings his play tools outside most of the time.

March 21st, 2013, 11:14 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of our lot is not level (one of the downfalls of living in the foothills of a mountain range!), so there's not much for big outside toys here. We have a small Fisher Price plastic swing set thing that both boys play with. Liam is really way too big, but he still likes to play with it. And we have this "roller coaster" thing that's hugely popular around here. Its a series of plastic track pieces that make a wavy ramp thing with a plastic car one kid can sit on. They start at the top of the track and go down off the end. We set it up at the top of the backyard so they ride down the hill and go a lot faster. They love it. Outside of that, its mostly soccer, sidewalk chalk, sprinkler, etc.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:30 AM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have an old swing set that will last another couple of years. Bikes and baseball things, a couple of power wheels.

All they really want to play with is a trowel and shovel, so they can dig up parts of the yard and shift the dirt...

Their Ostara(Easter) baskets this year are going to be planters with seeds and nice metal digging tools. They're gonna flip!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search