what's for dinner?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 06:10 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
are my food posts boring anyone??

tonight we had local grassfed t-bone steaks and beets, sweet potato &, beet greens sauteed in coconut oil w/ garlic, onions, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
March 25th, 2013, 06:41 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I just don't know how you afford it - money, shopping time and preparing time!

March 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM
well the meat was a bulk buy, so i saved a ton of money that way. i also am in 2 buying clubs where we buy stuff in bulk and then split it up. buying in bulk saves a ton of money. time...well, i stay at home, so it's easier for me time wise. i feel so much better since i've changed the way i eat, so i just make it a priority. if i know i won't have time to cook one day because of schedule i just plan a crockpot meal. tonight's meal took barely any time though. i have a friend who is a tandem nursing full time working mom and she was struggling with shopping and cooking healthy meals for her fam. she now shops on her day off (monday) and cooks a ton of meals on her day where she works until 3, and freezes them. i'm going to her house on wednesday to help her out.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
March 28th, 2013, 09:10 PM
tuesday i made a paleo cottage pie, but i made it with indian spices. it was really good.
wednesday i made pasta (brown rice/spinach) because my vegetarian friend came for dinner and her kids are picky and i know they will eat that. i made meat balls for me and my kids, and we had some roasted brussel sprouts on the side.
tonight was burgers (grassfed w/ no buns) and sauteed kale.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
March 30th, 2013, 07:30 PM
we went out for vietnamese food last night with friends and tonight i made chicken thighs pan fried in bacon fat with indian spices, pineapple brown fried rice, and a really awesome salad with cucumber, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and homemade dressing.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
March 30th, 2013, 11:17 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had burritos tonight. I made a filling with onions, garlic, red bell pepper, quinoa, black beans, carrots, potatoes, and corn. It was delicious. The boys both asked for seconds.
horseradishmayo likes this.

March 31st, 2013, 05:09 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Leftover rotisserie chicken, broccoli, and stuffing. We ate a ton at our family Easter brunch earlier today so we needed something quick and easy
March 31st, 2013, 07:10 PM
I had a cheese steak and tacos this past week plus a roast beef sandwich and chicken. I should know better than to eat so much meat. Hence a forthcoming gout flare up made worse by wearing those **** flats I bought all day yesterday and nookie in the bathroom on my toes - my ball joints cant take it and I can barely walk today. If it's worse tomorrow I'm going for a cortizone shot. Meanwhile I'm going vegetarian for a week.

I usually stick to salads by Veggie Recipes are welcomed! I have organic quinoa somewhere.

April 1st, 2013, 09:57 PM
on sunday my inlaws made an unhealthy feast covered in velveeta. i stuck to the veggie platter, deviled eggs, turkey, and green beans.

tonight we had local bratwurst, home made lactofermented kraut, and home made swwet potato chips (which were awful, but Sarah loved them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Cyndee* View Post
I had a cheese steak and tacos this past week plus a roast beef sandwich and chicken. I should know better than to eat so much meat. Hence a forthcoming gout flare up made worse by wearing those **** flats I bought all day yesterday and nookie in the bathroom on my toes - my ball joints cant take it and I can barely walk today. If it's worse tomorrow I'm going for a cortizone shot. Meanwhile I'm going vegetarian for a week.

I usually stick to salads by Veggie Recipes are welcomed! I have organic quinoa somewhere.
maybe it's the gluten and not the meat?

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
April 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last night, DH and the boys had ham and bean soup from leftover Easter ham while I was at work. I still haven't decided on tonight's dinner. We ate a lot of meat last week, so it will probably be something vegetarian.

Typos courtesy of my "smart" phone.

April 2nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Last night we had black bean soup in the crockpot. It kinda surprises me that the girls like it, but Lily keeps requesting it. No clue tonight. I'm too tired already to really do a lot of cooking. We'll see what I can put together quickly when I get home.
April 2nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
we have Sarah's kindergarten open house this evening during dinner time, so we will most likely going out to eat. if we decide to come home it will be deer steaks and some sort of beet dish.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
April 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Nope, it's the purines. I had champagne in 3 mimosas which I never drink which could be a cause too. MSG is another big trigger for me.

April 2nd, 2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Cyndee* View Post
Nope, it's the purines. I had champagne in 3 mimosas which I never drink which could be a cause too. MSG is another big trigger for me.
Sarah goes ape if she has any MSG.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
April 2nd, 2013, 08:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jac, do you have a recipe for the cottage pie and the chicken thighs that you made? It sounds really good!
Our meals haven't been great this week. Dh did the grocery shopping, which means he bought a bunch of junk. So I have to use what's left in our cupboards. Tonight I made baked chicken with rice mixed with cream of mushroom soup. I also cooked up some kale for myself. Not horrible, but not great either.
April 2nd, 2013, 08:58 PM
the chicken thighs are easy, i just rub them with garam masala, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper and fry them in bacon fat. sometimes i dredge them in egg and then in almond meal with those same spices before i fry them up.
here is the shepherd's/cottage pie recipe - Paleo Shepherd's Pie Recipe | Gluten Free Dinner - Elana's Pantry
when i made it indian style i added tumeric and garlic to the cauliflower when i blended it, and i added cinnamon, corriander seeds, garam masala, ginger, and cardamom seeds when i cooked the veggies and meat.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search