Vax drama today

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I brought Lilly in for her 5 year and Oliver in for his 2 year. Kids are great. Lilly gets her shots first. She gets four plus a prick for iron. She cries a bit. I pick her up and she hugs me and then I ask if I can put her down and she says yes. I out her down and we get Oliver ready. He only needed one shot. She was hugging my legs and all of a sudden she flips over and bangs her head into the wall and the floor. I look over and her eyes are rolled to the back of her head and she pees herself. I thought she was having a seizure at first and all I can think is omg I vaccine damaged my daughter. Then I realized she passed out. And when the panic passed I realized that she probably passed out because of the needles not the vaccines themselves. Anyways they have her juice, checked her blood pressure, and an ice pack for her head. It was freaky. They commented at least she only needs one shot next time and not till ahe is 11. Now I need to think about what to do at mollies two month appointment in a couple if weeks.

March 19th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds very scarey. I am glad she is ok. Miranda was very excited to hear no shots until 11.
March 19th, 2013, 01:47 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Woah. 4 shots at once is alot for any person, no matter what. How scary! I would rethink things too. Glad she is ok

March 19th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah. Thinking about now makes me sick. She got four. One was for MMR so that's what, shots for 6 things? I don't know *** I was thinking. They just said you need it for K registration and I said yep and then they said 4 shots and gave me the papers and I said fine. The nurse yelled for the NP to come back in when she fell over and she looked pretty jolted so I'm assuming kids don't pass out too much from that?

March 19th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So scary! I'm glad she is ok! Was she watching Oliver get his shot when it happened? Maybe it was from seeing the blood?

London had the 4 shots too and I regret it. Shots never bothered her until the 4 at once and now she is terrified of them. If I could go back, I would spread them out.
March 19th, 2013, 03:15 PM
He was getting a toe prick to test for iron when it happened. I don't know for sure if she saw any blood from it but that thought had crossed my mind. Dh is like that too. He almost passed out after a student nurse put my IV in my hand when I was going birth to Oliver. I had blood dripping down my hand.

She told me a couple of days ago that she wants her ears pierced. Now I'm like hmmm....

March 19th, 2013, 03:49 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yikes that's scary! my first thought was that she saw blood? either way, whatever the cause, scary! We have always only ever done 2 shots at a time, it takes longer to get them but our pedi offers an alt schedule so that's just what we have used for both kiddos. Anyway glad she is ok!...my DH isn't good with seeing blood either!
March 19th, 2013, 05:00 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
scary.

My husband is like this. When in the military, he was the only one laying down after shots. He left the shot when i was getting the epi and was taking out when I had my second csession. He didn't see anything but I was talking about the first one. I looked at Ryan as I was talking (while the csession was going on). I stopped and told him that Ryan needed help. They called the nurse over there and Ryan was talking out of the room. He missed Preston birth.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 20th, 2013, 05:02 AM
I didn't realize your dh missed Preston's birth. That sucks.

March 20th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I know the vax schedule in the US is different than up here, but 4 at a time, is that the normal schedule or did you delay some? Just curious, because if it's normal, it shouldn't be... that's a lot for anyone to go through.

The reaction would've freaked me out too, but I agree, it sounds like she got the queezies from watching Oliver get his needles. Poor kiddo.

March 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I'm pretty sure at the two month appoinment they get 3 or 4 shots typically which I'm pretty sure I won't do at this point for Mollie. I don't think Lilly missed any.

Lilly is back to her normal talkative self today. No rashes, fever, swelling or anything so that's good.

March 20th, 2013, 08:27 AM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh my!

don't feel like you need to get Mollie any shots now. she is so little and nursing. you can always delay.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
March 20th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Glad to hear Lilly doesn't have any s/e. So, it probably was a reaction to seeing somebody else get needles that did it, I guess in future you can avoid that situation with her again.

March 20th, 2013, 02:21 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymustard View Post
I didn't realize your dh missed Preston's birth. That sucks.
yep. he as about to faint and the nurse took him out of the room. The nurse said he is laying down on a couch. i didn't see him until I was in recovery. I tend to not let him go to the boys appointments alone just in case they need to do anything with a needle. He wouldn't be a great support or even able to hold the kid for the shot or blood drawn.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is scary. Follow your gut with what you want to do in the future. They don't always tell you that you have options and make you think you have to do it all at once.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh! I would have totally melted down after that.

Nurses and doctors always act like shots are no big deal, I've had them try to give my kids six at a time before, like handing out juice boxes or something. As a parent, it's so hard to know what to do with attitudes like that when there is evidence floating around to the contrary.
March 23rd, 2013, 03:49 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
What a crazy reaction! Glad she was back to normal the next day. Lily cries every time we mention going to the doctor before kindergarten because she knows she has to get shots. I think at one of Abri's baby appointments they tried to do 5 shots at once

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search