Bedtime

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What does bedtime look like these days? What time are they go down, and when do you have to get them up in the mornings? Do they go to sleep and get up easily, or do they give you a hard time? Any night owls?
March 27th, 2013, 05:25 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Leah goes to bed around 8:30, usually gets up sometime between 7-8am. She's pretty good about going to bed - she might groan because she doesn't want to stop playing, but she mostly caves easily because she knows the routine. Sometimes she'll call us after she's down to say she forgot a stuffed animal or something, but that's about it lately. Since we homeschool, mornings aren't an issue - she can wake whenever she wants and ease into the day.

March 27th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Julka
Bedtime is between 8:30-9:00pm here (school recommends it being 8:00pm, but it just not possible for us). She gets up at 7am sharp because the school bus arrives around 8:05 so she has an hour to eat & get dressed. She gets up OK, even on weekends the girls usually wake up on their own between 7-7:30am so it's not much of a difference.

She comes out of her bedroom 95% of the time at night (meaning 10-20 minutes after we put her to bed) with the MOST original excuses! But usually only once..
March 28th, 2013, 07:42 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On school nights we start full bedtime routine between 7:45 - 8:00pm including bath, hair dry, pajamas, picking out clothes for the next day and she can pick between her 1 tv show for the day or reading books - lately its been books. Lights are out by 8:45 - 9pm at the latest. School mornings I wake her up about 6:30am. Mornings are rough, she doesn't want to get up during the week - BUT if its not a school morning she wakes up about 6:30am-7:00am ON HER OWN and ready to go, lol. Figures...

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
March 28th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Reid goes at 8 and is up at 8. He falls asleep pretty quickly and is often tired in the evenings. I think he needs a lot of sleep. He doesn't give us any bedtime issues because he knows it won't work.
March 28th, 2013, 06:34 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Bedtime is between 730 and 8. On Friday night we might let them stay up later in hopes that they sleep in later. If I didnt' have to get them up at 6, they would typically sleep until 730 or 8.
Ellie is so easy at bedtime. Bella is honestly AWFUL!! She is getting a bit better but not much. It's an endless list of whining, crying ,talking.......I look forward to the day she has a Bella of her own. Just the thought makes me grin from ear to ear.
March 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Addy typically goes to bed 8-9pm, with our goal being earlier but usually ends up later. If she has a short nap during the day, then she will stay awake until 10-11pm. She is naturally a night owl. She does come out of bed at least once most nights. She needs to get up by 7:15 on her school days, and it is a struggle to wake her.
March 31st, 2013, 09:16 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We start Donovin's bedtime routine around 7. It takes him a while, meaning anywhere from 30mins to an hour or more to fall asleep. He needs to get up for school around 7am. Sometimes he wakes on his own and sometimes he doesn't. But just like the rest of the little ones he wakes up all on his own around 7 on the weekends. :/
April 1st, 2013, 06:14 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Kate is in her room around 7 and asleep by 730. She wakes up around 7am. Sometimes she may wake up earlier but stays in her room playing quietly until everyone else gets up. Wake up time here is 7am... getting 4 kids dressed and out the door takes me a while!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search