Kindergarten Registration

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ditzzy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone signed up yet? Have our homeschool families made plans and ordered curriculum? I can't believe it is right around the corner.

Our district does registration starting next week. I called yesterday to get the information, and I was kind of surprised to learn you just come in and drop off the paperwork and that is it. I remember being five years old myself, and having to go to a kindergarten screening. There was an orientation for parents, and at the same time the kids would go around to different areas and show the teachers if you could cut in a straight line and what not.
April 4th, 2013, 07:49 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Keeley has been in school full time 9 - 3 since september, she loves it.

April 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Julka
We had registration last year since kindergarten is a 2-year program here and she's has been doing the first year since September. But when we registered it was by appointment and the lady checked to make sure we have all the proper paperwork (i.e. birth certificate, baptism certificate, vaccine record, address, etc.) and made copies of all the original documents before returning them to me.
April 4th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've got all my stuff bought and planned for fall. I wanted to have it all done before the baby arrives.
April 5th, 2013, 05:06 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought our curriculum back in January during a sale.

April 5th, 2013, 10:31 AM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had registration 2 months ago. Yeah, you just stood in line to drop of paperwork basically. There were different stations that you could go around to and ask questions, but there wasn't a screening or anything.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
April 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
We had registration a couple weeks ago, and screening is in May. Some local districts cut the screening but I'm glad ours didn't.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 5th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Our school district has all day kindergarden. She's going to have a medical IEP and nurse. I'm not sure how she's going to do but with her medical iep we can adapt to her needs. We live in a small town and all the kindergarden teachers have been fighting for her for 2 years. I love this district.
MommyToCooper likes this.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 8th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
We have Kinder registration in May. Im nervous bc she and I have been together since she was born.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
April 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our reg was March 14th. I put her in N's Catholic School in a Montessori Kindergarten, full days on Monday and Wed and Alternate Fridays. She will be taking the school bus with N-she can't wait!
April 9th, 2013, 07:37 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our registration is on Thursday. They do screenings later although I'm not sure when.
April 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
My district had registration in Jan ( I think ) I haven't registered David for school yet, and now am not sure if we are going to homeschool or public school. I really am so torn,

April 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I just stopped at the school last Wed and they told me not to worry about it until late June or early July. Ellie will be in a private school and the K class is usually pretty small( 6-9 kids).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search