Spring/Summer Plans?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Destany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 06:54 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
What do you have in store for fun this spring/summer planned so far?

Friday we are going to an indoor water park, and we bought season passes to Six Flags NJ's thrill and water parks - it's only 45 mins away, I can't wait to check it out in a few weeks!

April 9th, 2013, 02:26 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have a week vacation planned, my sister wedding, not sure what else yet. I'm sure we will go to the local water park.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

April 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heading to AZ in a couple of weeks for 5 days.

Also going up to Montreal in June to visit my grandparents and rest of the family.

And renting an rv again this summer and heading up to the June lake area (not far from Yosemite).

So we will be pretty busy.

April 9th, 2013, 06:44 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We rented a house for a week at a lake in the beginning of June, my parents are coming along. Other than that just the normal day trips to Sesame, the zoo, aquarium, Great Adventure maybe, etc
April 9th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I have free zoo passes that expire in early May, so I'm hoping for a nice weekend day over the next few weeks to us those up.

Last week of April we're doing a mini vacation (2 nights) at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls.

This summer, I got us season passes to Canada's Wonderland (theme park/water park) and hope to get several visits in there. It's a little over an hour from home and only about 15 minutes from our marina, so we should easily get our money's worth and then some.

My Dad is planning a visit up over the Canada Day holiday, so I think we'll invite a couple of friends and do another big fireworks night at the house like we did last year.

End of summer is our planned Florida vacation.

April 9th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure we'll be busy from now until the end of sumner and beyond, with baby coming in July. I don't have many travel plans personally but dh is headed to England soon for a few weeks for work and maybe to Florida after that. While he is gone, my mom is coming for an extended weekend. I am really excited! For activities, I want to really explore L.A. a bit. We have an annual zoo pass so we go there from time to time. I also want to see the la brea tar pits, various museuns around town, and possibly a star tour just for giggles and kicks. I also promised London I would take hernto Disneyland-it is so expensive though! I have a friend's wedding in june, my baby shower in late june, and a whole slew of baby prep activities I need to do. I am also really, really hoping to book lors of shoots between now and baby's arrival.
April 9th, 2013, 09:12 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Not a ton planned here. Kaija's school is on a year-round/balanced schedule so she'll be starting on Aug. 6th, so we get a "short" summer this year to start getting used to! We're going to MI in May, but that's a working trip for me. Then we're going again in June/July for one last big trip before baby in September. We may do an overnight or 2 a few hours away as a last hurrah as a family of 4. We'll see.
April 9th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have any big plans besides get outside and enjoy the weather. We go to the beach a lot. Sometimes even just for a picnic dinner. We go away for a night or two to a kiddie theme park 3 hours away. Local fairs, and zoos. I usually get a family membership to place that has kid Fridays. (Some type of show and arts and craft). It also has an indoor Carosel. Along with other fun outdoor things to so.

Last summer we made a "Summer Bucket List" it was a lot of fun. Miranda has been talking about it a lot. We will definitely be doing it again.
April 9th, 2013, 04:17 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymustard View Post
Heading to AZ in a couple of weeks for 5 days.

Also going up to Montreal in June to visit my grandparents and rest of the family.

And renting an rv again this summer and heading up to the June lake area (not far from Yosemite).

So we will be pretty busy.
How do you deal with the car seat situation in an RV

April 9th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is going to sound very lame, but I am planning on a lot of me time, outside, by myself. I can't explain it, but I need to afford myself a bit of solitude. I plan on making use of nature parks, the creek by my house and things like that.

I have been a SAHM for 16 years and in that time I have had virtually no time alone.
~Devon~ and *Cyndee* like this.
April 9th, 2013, 09:21 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Jacob will be doing summer school session at his school then starting Kindy mid August! Other than that not much planned; park playdates and maybe a weekend up at the family cabin.
April 10th, 2013, 07:41 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Cyndee* View Post

How do you deal with the car seat situation in an RV
We put the car seats in at table. We took the seat cushion off and then the cars seats sat nicely there. They have lap belts at the table.

April 15th, 2013, 09:54 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMommyProject View Post

This summer, I got us season passes to Canada's Wonderland (theme park/water park) and hope to get several visits in there. It's a little over an hour from home and only about 15 minutes from our marina, so we should easily get our money's worth and then some.
our high school marching band played in a parade at canada's wonderland when i was a freshman....fun times!

I just got back from our FL trip...we went to miami beach, hollywood beach, the keys and to visit family in ft. pierce. we put nearly 1000 miles on our rental car!
we are going to NJ for 2.5 weeks in June.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
April 20th, 2013, 04:50 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm having a baby. That seems to be the extent of our plans this summer. I've got the girls signed up for swim lessons, and we may take a trip or two down to my sister's beach house, but that's about it.
April 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We will be sticking close to home. We will hit up Oceans of Fun, going to the pool doing a little camping, and going to the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo.

I hope in a few years to go somewhere on vacation, but I want Peyton to get a little older where everyone can have fun.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search