Meals/Snacks

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2013, 10:04 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We have pancakes MAYBE once a month, it's not like she eats that many pancakes everyday, it was just an example of what she'll eat for breakfast if given the chance. And I make relatively small pancakes at that, but anyway...

I've been watching what she's been eating the past week or so and she's been doing better with making healthy choices. She picked out raisins and dried blueberries today when we were shopping. We've got apples to slice and a few other things that she picked out. The past few days weren't quite as bad as the previous week.
April 15th, 2013, 09:47 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoncreampie View Post
It sounds like she's eating an awful lot of carbs. It sounds like she isn't getting near enough protein? If she is truly eating that many carbs, her body could literally be addicted to them and she feels like she just needs more and more. If you do carbs, make sure it's all whole grains as that'll satisfy her more. Do bacon and eggs instead of cereal and bread. Offer trail mix and nuts, etc throughout the day. I'm guessing it'll be really hard to cut the carbs out some but after she does for awhile she'll feel a lot more satisfied!
i was thinking the same thing about too many carbs and possibly not enough protein.

i stopped using wheat for baking so that my kids get more protein. i make waffles and pancakes with either almond flour, coconut flour, an almond/coconut flour combo, or almond flour with cooked quinoa....that way they are way higher in protein and low in carbs- and more satisfying.
i have lots of good recipes for pancakes if you want.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search