Thank You notes

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Does your child send out thank you cards for things like birthday gifts? Does he/she write them on their own or sign their name?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 17th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Julka
No, our family doesn't do that. I think we have done it once or twice with more formal events like Baptisms, but not for birthdays. But then, we don't throw parties either. No one sends us thank-you cards so we don't either.
April 17th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Veteran
Funny you asked, Hugo was doing that earlier today for his b-day gifts. Yes, he writes one for every gift he gets except Christmas/Easter gifts where it's just a gift exchange. I think it's important to show appreciation. He writes his own notes and draws a picture of the item he got. He's pretty good, has mastered writing "Thank you for the" and "Love, Hugo" without help, just asks for assistance spelling the name of the item he got. I also let him address the envelopes.
April 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
When I bought Ellie's invites for her bday party they came with Thank you cards. Normally we don't bother with it because it has always been family. This party is with her friends from daycare. These cards will be put to good use. Plus, I think it's an other way for her to learn about appreciation.
April 18th, 2013, 07:28 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
No not here. I thought about it but couldn't find any so i went and said thank you to the parents who bought presents.

April 20th, 2013, 06:50 AM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes we send out thank yous. This year Kyle will write them on his own. It will probably take like 3 weeks though! lol

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
April 22nd, 2013, 05:42 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I send thank you cards since a lot of our family ships gifts and we don't get to see them in person to thank.

April 25th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This year we had Kai do thank you notes for his birthday.

He wrote Thank you and Love, Kai and then told me what he wanted to Thank people for.

People have texted me saying how nice it was.
April 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Reid doesn't yet but I have my older boys do some, especially to people we don't see often or those I know that would really appreciate it (like my Grandma; she loves getting letters from her great-grandchildren). It's actually a pretty good school assignment. So Reid will do the same once he can read and write.
April 25th, 2013, 11:58 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hit or miss here... sometimes we do them, other times we don't.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search