Free/spare time

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 01:58 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
If you are like me you rarely get any free time. When you do what do you do?

I've been trying to make a point of meeting up with by bff or one of my Sil.
We usually go get a bite to eat or catch a movie. Sometimes it might just be to window shop or get a coffee.
For the longest time I felt like I always had to be home with my girls. It has been so refreshing just sneaking out for a few hours without them.
April 25th, 2013, 05:24 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't get out much either. Shawn doesn't get home from work until 6:30-7 most nights so its hard to plan things during the week. My friends are busy too with their families. I only have one friend that lives locally so it makes it difficult. I'm lucky if I get out once every 3 months with friends. I've been trying to get out and get a pedicure for a month now. It's just so hard to break away. I try to have a date night with Shawn once a month.

April 25th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I spend my free time at home, generally. I have a few hobbies I keep up with randomly when the boys are all playing outside, or whenever I have nothing to do. I play piano, crochet and recently I've been compiling all my recipes into a blog so that someday all my family's favourite meals will be accessible online for my kids when they leave home. It's a good pastime waiting for baby.
April 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am part of a book club and get together with the ladies in it monthly. Besides that I try to see one of my very good local friends once a month or so.

DH does support me in watching Cooper so that I can run a few nights a week. Although it's work so it doesn't feel "free"
April 25th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 boys View Post
I've been compiling all my recipes into a blog so that someday all my family's favourite meals will be accessible online for my kids when they leave home.
I do something similar, well not really, but with a similar goal in mind. I have a nice, custom-made recipe binder where I compile all my recipes - I print them in a similar format to each other with a picture. And one day hopefully pass it to my girls when they leave home (a photocopy of the binder, that is, since I have more than one girl.)
April 26th, 2013, 04:07 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Erin & Julia, that's a great idea. I never thought of putting something together for when Leah leaves home, but I think that would be a really valuable item for her to have! Thanks for the inspiration.

As for free time, I also just have some hobbies I do at home when there's down time - scrapbooking, reading, yoga. Every once in awhile, DH will suggest I go out shopping on my own if he senses I really need a break. We regularly get together with other homeschoolers, so even though the kids are there, they're off playing and us moms just get to chat.

April 29th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
Free time - what is that??

I try to get out with friends, but most live in the city, and that is a 30 minute drive, so it doens't happen very often.

I do try and go to yoga at least 2x week. It is just a nice mental break, and I go at least with my MIL once a week, so a good time to catch up with her.
April 30th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I go to the gym. I take the opportunity to go whenever I can, even at 5am while everyone is sleeping! I love running and taking time to myself to do that. That is pretty much my use of free time!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search