Does your child dress themself?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By youngwoman
  • 1 Post By SheilaRN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2013, 06:35 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ethan has no interest in what he wears so I pick his clothes out for the day. He will not dress himself. He wants me to do it. I know he can because I've seen him do it. I guess it's just laziness

April 26th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Julka
Depends on the day Can she dress herself? YES. Does she want to dress herself? NO. lol... Now picking her own clothes is a different topic; she definitely is opinionated and if she doesn't like what I picked for her, she'll let the whole house know. Basically if it was up to her, she would be in a twirly dress 24/7, but that just cannot happen all the time. She's excited the weather is warming up so she can wear more dresses & skirts with tights.
April 26th, 2013, 08:03 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Basically if it was up to her, she would be in a twirly dress 24/7, but that just cannot happen all the time.
Haha, this is Leah as well. She always picks the sleeveless dresses too - thank goodness it's warming up! Every so often she asks me for help in choosing clothes (especially when I've told her the weather is going to be cool/rainy), but mostly she is ALL about doing it herself without any input from me. She's so opinionated and argues most things I suggest. LOL
Julka likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I sometimes help Kai pick out clothes if I get clothes out the night before, but mostly he just picks out his own clothes and get dressed. The same with bedtime.
April 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Reid dresses himself because he's usually up before me.
April 27th, 2013, 01:36 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Keeley does dress herself, and picks some weird outfits that don't match lol

April 27th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
I pick it out and I dress her bc she is still half asleep at 515 in the morning and it makes the morning go by smoother. She can definitely dress herself and on the weekends she will pick out her own outfits, matching, thank goodness. Lol!!

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
April 29th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Carrie dresses herself. I usually pick out her clothes and lay them out the night before.
April 29th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
We pick out clothes when Jack goes to bed then there is no fighting or arguing the next morning. He dresses himself in the morning.
April 29th, 2013, 07:41 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Ellie dresses herself but I usually pick out both girls clothes.
They are alway excited for Saturday. That's the day they are home with Daddy. That is also the day He let's them pick out their clothes. It is not always a pretty sight. Ellie is especially fond of stripes. She will be head to toes stipes of any and every colors.
Julka likes this.
May 9th, 2013, 06:42 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unless we're doing something important - like pictures, church, funeral etc... I let Elizabeth wear what she wants She will be required to wear uniforms in Kindergarten starting mid-August so I figured better let her enjoy it now Plus, it allows her to show her creativity!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
May 12th, 2013, 06:57 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
Birk usually don't care but some days he'll og find a specific shirt etc he wants. He usually won't dress himself in the mornings when we're off to work/School, but he always does in the weekends, unless we're heading out and have short of time.

May 14th, 2013, 09:24 AM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I am in a hurry I'll pick his clothes for him, but he gets dressed. He only needs help if the shirts are inside out. Other days I just tell him to go get dressed and he picks out what he is wearing. Today it is backwards shorts, and a dog costume from last Halloween. lol, luckily we have no where to go today! I let him pick what he wants to wear and only tell him to change if it is not appropriate for the weather.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
May 19th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Veteran
Hugo changes clothes whenever the mood strikes him, all. day. LONG. I wish he would stop sometimes but he has fun. As long as he puts back what is clean I'm ok with it, and as long as he doesn't try to change in the AM what we laid out the night before. He does that sometimes which throws the morning off. Sometimes he needs help with getting buttons straight/matched up but otherwise he does it himself.
May 23rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Katie dresses herself and changes throughout the day. As long as the clothes are appropriate for the weather, she pretty much can wear what she wants. If its an important occasion, I will "guide" her on what to wear, but for the most part she does ok.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search