Flossing

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Julka
How often do you floss your child's teeth? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Never?
May 24th, 2013, 06:07 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyday.

May 24th, 2013, 06:16 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Um, never. Our dentist did give us some of those kids flossers last month... we just keep forgetting to try them out!

May 24th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Julka
We have been flossing maybe once every 2 weeks, but their pediatric dentist gives me a really hard time about it. They all (at the office) pretty much make you feel like an ***** parent if you don't do it daily. So we've been doing it daily b/c he will ask the kids how often they floss and they spill out the truth, lol. We just forget! We use regular floss, minty or something.
May 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Never... he seemed interested in the kids flossers but not sure how excited he would be if he had to use them all the time.
May 24th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Every single night. I can get visable chunks of food out of their mouth when I floss, so I know it needs to be done. I use those little flosser sticks.
May 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
Every single night. I can get visable chunks of food out of their mouth when I floss, so I know it needs to be done. I use those little flosser sticks.
See, I get NOTHING when I floss. Maybe once upon a blue moon I'll get *something* tiny. When the dentist did Veronika's x-rays the other day, he told me that while her actual teeth are fine and cavity-free, she has "soon-to-be" cavities between her back molars and while it's nothing to worry about now, if I don't floss, they'll get worse etc etc.

Basically, he freaked me out. But when I floss there, I get nothing. *sigh*
May 24th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We now floss daily, but my kids have a lot of grooves in their teeth and tighter molars. The girls have both had cavities. I use the floss sticks because they are easier to get in their mouth, but the dentist did say regular floss is better. My DH won't help with regular floss though. We even started using mouthwash to try to help them. Mia got sealants and then had cavities between her teeth that they said flossing could have helped prevent. Addy has a spot they are watching that is also between her teeth.
May 25th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My dentist told me it just depends on the kid. My kids have teeth that are close together (hello braces... ) so they really need it. Just floss them everyday the week before they get their exam...then the kids will get glowing reports to the dentist, lol.
May 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
My dentist told me it just depends on the kid. My kids have teeth that are close together (hello braces... ) so they really need it. Just floss them everyday the week before they get their exam...then the kids will get glowing reports to the dentist, lol.
lol, yeah! haha. And I know what you mean, Natasha also has teeth close together and will most likely need braces. She already has a tooth growing in sideways due to lack of spacing.
May 27th, 2013, 04:50 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our dentist showed us on the xray that Leah really just needs flossing in her back molars since they're closer together. The rest of her mouth has a lot of space so not much is going to get stuck. Now I just need to remember to do it!

May 29th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
We floss daily. Julia has soft teeth (genetic) and is prone to cavities because of that... she already had 2 filled back in January. Lily is has already had an orthodontist consult... hello money... so expensive!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 29th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Never. My kids don't floss until they can do it themselves. So my older two do every night. The dentist always asks, of course, but so far we haven't had any issues with cavities and I just don't have enough time in the day right now.
May 30th, 2013, 09:06 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
We were just told to start. Before it wasn't an issue because Ellie's teeth had spaces between them. They still have room but the Dentist wants us to get in the routine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search