Starting kinder!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
For those children that are starting kinder in the fall, does your elementary school do any sort of classroom visits before school starts? Do you know who your child's teacher is yet? When do you usually find those things out?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
July 2nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Julka
She'll be continuing in the same school for another year of kindergarten (2nd year) so she's already familiar with everything. As for teacher, I don't know who it will be till the first day of school. They sometimes keep the same teacher for the second year, other times they shuffle the kids around. There are 3 K teachers, so we'll see in September.
July 2nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have meet the teacher night/tour the school on August 21st. If we want to your the school sooner, we can. I can wait until next month

July 3rd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
We find out who Katie has mid-August. She will have the chance to visit her school in late August as well.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
July 6th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our school starts in the beginning of August, and they have meet the teacher the night before. We are starting at a new school this year. So even though we should get teacher assignments in the mail at the end of this month, it won't mean anything to us. I am so excited and nervous. I am seriously contemplating letting them ride the bus too. Ahhh! I cannot believe my baby girls will both be in all day school in a month!
July 11th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we do staggered entry about a week before, I imagine their new school will do the same
Elizabeth is soooo excited for kinder!
July 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I briefly met Ellie's teacher when I toured her school a few months ago.
I can't say I remember much about her. As for having an evening Classroom visit or Open house, I'm not sure. I should find out this week when I drop off her registration.
July 18th, 2013, 04:42 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we find out his teacher a few weeks before school. He has already been to the school 3 times. once for registration, then they had an open house for incoming kinder kids, and another time for a tour we took. He also goes in next week for a kinder assessment, so hopefully he will be familiar enough with the school by then! He also has tball at the schools ball field every week so we talk about it often.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
July 20th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our school does the staggered entrance as well, and I'm not quite sure how that works. Apparently, the day before school starts and the actual day school starts 9(for my older kids) the kindergarten teachers have conferences. What we will conference about I don't know, since it's before they've spent any time with the kids. Carrie will be along for that, invited or not, since there is no one else to watch her. Then days 2-5 (W, Th, F) a third of the class will attend each day. We don't know what day that will be yet, or who her teacher will be. I met all three at orientation in the spring, and they all seemed nice. Finally, the following Monday she will go to school with her whole class for the first "real day."

It seems complicated! All I know is that I am going to have to fake pose a first-day of school picture with all three kids in it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search