Lunch questions

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2013, 01:56 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since Ethan is starting school in 26 days I have some questions about packing lunches. What are some things that you pack your kids for lunch? He doesn't like pb&j. He's okay with lunch meat but will get bored quick. I'm at a loss.

July 31st, 2013, 09:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought thermoses so I could pack hot things sometimes. Otherwise I do a sandwich, a bagel with cream cheese or pb, or crackers with cheese and meat (think homemade lunchables.) I also keep the fridge and pantry stocked with all kinds of fruit, carrot and bell pepper sticks, yogurt, pretzels, trail mix, goldfish crackers, and so on. I will throw in one piece of candy or a few cookies for a desert sometimes.

If you are feeling creative, look up school lunches on pinterest. So many cute ideas!
August 1st, 2013, 05:02 PM
Julka
Well, Veronika's kindergarten is 1/2 day so just snacks... but I send lunches for Natasha. I usually do a sandwich or a wrap. She's been BIG on wraps. I'll do turkey, salami, or cheese usually. With lettuce or tomato (whatever he prefers) and some mayo or butter so it's not dry. Their school is nut-free so no PB&J allowed.

Aside from that, I pack fruit.. whatever they like - orange slices, watermelon, apple (rub with lemon juice), peaches, apricots, grapes, etc. Carrot sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, berries.

Then I buy goldfish crackers, veggie crackers, pretzels, corn puffs.

I will also throw a cookie or a small chocolate or a gummy worm but they have strict instructions to eat the healthy stuff first, lol. They know better than to come home with the gummy worm missing but the carrots still there!!

You can also buy yogurt tubes and freeze them, they usually defrost in their bags by the time lunch rolls around. But I don't usually send yogurt.

Oh, I also send hard-boiled eggs but I tell Natasha to eat it at snack time so it doesn't sit there too long.
August 1st, 2013, 07:48 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I'm kind of in the same boat.
Sure I pack my own lunch everyday but Ellie doesn't exactly like everything I eat.

Have you checked out Pinterest? I was planning to check it out for some ideas. I have pinned a few ideas but need to find them first.

Ellie doesn't mind PB& J but can get bored with it quickly.
She does like meat and cheese ( cut in to chunks) with fruits and yogurt.
I imagine you would want to freeze the yogurt first. Then by lunch it should be thawed. That's what I do for my lunches.
August 2nd, 2013, 04:55 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies!

August 2nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I pack lunches for everyone! I pack a thermos of water, a sandwich, fruit or veggie and yogurt or cheese.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search