Bus or driving?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
For those entering school this year... will your child be riding the bus or will you be driving him/her to school?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 5th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Julka
Bus It's going to be Veronika's 2nd year taking the school bus so I'm not worried. She rides together with Natasha to school and by herself on the way back since she's still 1/2 day.
August 5th, 2013, 05:03 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will drive him most of the time. We don't live in the district he will attend but can take the bus from his current preschool. DH's school is within sight of Coop's school which is awesome.
August 5th, 2013, 08:35 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on the fence about this a while back but have decided to drive him. He would be on a bus with kindergarten through fifth grade and I have a problem with that. They have assigned seating but it didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Plus he would be catching the bus almost an hour before school starts. I like my kid too much to have him away from me that long.

August 6th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
My girls have always ridden the bus to and from. We've had the same bus drivers every year and I'm pretty comfortable with it. Our elementary schools are split, with k-2 in one school and 3-5 in another. I feel better knowing that my 5 year old is only on the bus with kids thru 2nd grade. We have assigned seats as well.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 7th, 2013, 06:01 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
This is Keeley's 2nd year in full time school and we walk there and back every day, its a 5 minute walk from our house.

August 9th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
walk and drive this year

Lucky mother to five!

August 12th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Carrie will ride the bus with Matt and Beth. I hope they have the same driver as last year, he was really great. Thankfully they have a short ride both ways.
August 15th, 2013, 08:13 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He will ride the bus. Our bus driver is amazing but I am still not a fan of behavior that happens on the bus.
August 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Undecided. LOL - isnt that crazy?! But I just got him switched to AM from a PM session and so I will need to pick him up at lunchtime. And the bus schedule doesn't come out until Thursday so I don't know where or what time they pick up in the morning. I do know that if he rides the bus, it would only be for K-2 so that makes me feel ok if we decide to go with that.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
August 27th, 2013, 09:01 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Ellie doesn't have an option. The school is small and private so we have to drive. Thankfully, our daycare provider has about 6 other kids attending the same school. That really eased my mind. I was kind of stressing before I made the decision to send her to the school. If she attended the local public school she would be on the bus for about 45 min each way. I just felt like that was way too long for a 5 yr old.
September 11th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My girls are riding the bus this year and love it. I am still nervous about the older kids, but so far it is going well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search