Christmas shopping

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SheilaRN
  • 2 Post By Hugo&Sergiosmom
  • 1 Post By Bermuda Girl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2013, 04:51 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who's started shopping? I bought my first gift last week. I plan to buy a gift every other week.

October 4th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not me...I usually wait and shop in December. It wouldn't hurt to start getting a list together though.... The kids haven't mentioned anything yet.
October 4th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Julka
I haven't bought anything yet, but the Sears toy catalogue came in and I let the girls write their name next to possible gifts. They picked 4-6 things each so it just gave me a few ideas. I've been saving $ for Christmas since January!! Going to start shopping probably next month. Sebastian's birthday is 12/5 so I have to figure out what's for birthday and what's for Christmas.
October 5th, 2013, 10:59 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I've bought quite a few things for the girls. I don't want to get too many things so I might even be able to call it quits with all I've already purchased.

I've tried to hit the clearance aisles and tried to pick up an item here and there.

Their "big" gift this year will be Razor scooters. At $35 each, I think I got off easy this year. Many of the neighbor kids have them. Ellie always wants to ride one. I figured this would be the perfect gift.

Pet Shoppe toys , Barbies and a few squinkies from the clearance aisle. ($30)
Merida and Rapunzel dolls from the Disney Store ($16)
New Sweat shirts, 2 t-shirts ($60)
Doc McStuffin and Sofia the First Magnetic Dolls ( similar to paper dolls) ($16)
Hello Kitty drinking glasses ($2)
I think it works out to $97 each

I'm pretty sure DH will go buy them each a few things. He normally does this when he shops for me. Those tend to be very specific toys/items that the girls have requested.
Other than stocking stuffers, I think I'm about done. YAY!!
clouise and 2xPink like this.
October 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Veteran
Sheila, you did great!!

I also shop ahead and at clearance. Got Hugo a stable for his model horses on clearance for $10, got Fiona a playset with a lot of features for $10. Planning to get Hugo a bigger bike and give Sergio his old bikes, and get S a bunch of replacement DVDs for some favorites that he's worn out. Got a bunch of stocking stuffers already at the Target dollar section on half off- easy reader books, school supplies & dry erase stuff. Going to order Fi a monogram diaper cover- and that is it!! For our house at least!
clouise and 2xPink like this.
October 7th, 2013, 05:11 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nice job, Sheila!

I usually start shopping in November. I've started making a list of items Leah might like, since the grandparents always ask me for ideas too.

October 8th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Reading your lists is making me want to get started, lol.
October 8th, 2013, 11:26 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
I have one present left to buy for Keeley then she's done, in fact they are all done apart from a phone the older girl wants.

October 15th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have bought a couple of things recently. I like to buy for the kids a little here and there, but I am a major procrastinator for everyone else. Last year I was behind on the kids too.
October 17th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made my big tru order third week of Sept, just have stocking stuffers to get
October 21st, 2013, 07:52 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
My husband and i actually got a babysitter on Saturday night and went Christmas shopping! It was glorius to wander the mall by ourselves.

I struggle with what to get Jack and Olive actually, Jack jumps from one thing to another about his current love. Last year I bought their gifts early and by the time Christmas came, Jack had moved onto something else.
SheilaRN likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search