Jenn's Journal

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls! Welcome to my journal, here's a little info about me:

I am 22, will be 23 when baby is born.
I live in Hawaii.
My DH is Jason, who is 28.
We have a DD named Ale'a who is a little over 1.
My current due date is January 3, but that will probably change.
We are hoping for a boy this time

Edited: Finally told MY parents today!

</div>
May 1st, 2007, 03:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nausea is definitely kickin in.. but not in full effect, yet.
BB tingles that fade in & fade out.
Sense of smell is VERY ALERT! LOL

</div>
May 3rd, 2007, 03:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So today was a little different.. my nausea let up a lot... not TOTALLY, but enough for me to notice a difference. Felt those uterine twinges on & off throughout the day. It seems like one day I'll feel totally nauseated then the next day my nausea will subside & the uterine twinges kick in. My mood swings are all over the place too.. not to mention the mid-day fatigue (that's a killer!)
Arrrgh... I CAN'T WAIT 'til we find out the sex of the baby!!!!!
DH & I were talking about names for the baby, and we've settled on a few.. well, a couple "for-sure" first names if it's a boy.. and 1 "for-sure" middle name if it's a girl. For the girl middle name, we settled on a Hawaiian name that means "Remembrance of a loved one" & "Rose"... Rose because it's the name of DH's Grandma, whom he was very close to, and the remembrance part.. because she passed away. I think it's very sweet and would be honored to have a daughter named after his Grandma.

</div>
May 7th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow.. so today I am 5w 4d.. and this past weekend has sent me in an emotional roller coaster! DH's aunt had just passed away & I felt like my symptoms were fading away! They started to lessen around Thurs/Fri and for the whole weekend I was pretty much A-OK. Which was pretty worrisome considering the fact that I've only had my nausea m/s for about a week and a half (very shortly after I saw the BFP). So this was a total CAUSE FOR CONCERN for me! I called the doctors and told them what was going on.. so they brought me in asap for a u/s.

Little did I know my little beanie was doing juuuuust fine AAAND I got to see their little HB flutter. What a relief that was to me. They were scaring me at first cos he said he wanted to look at my uterus and then he'll show me what's going on.. and he took a whiiiiile to let me know! AHH the suspense! But it was all worth it in the end.. I got a little u/s pic souvenir.. showed DH as soon as he got home from work, and we both had (happy) tears in our eyes! Yay for sticky dust! BOO for worrying so much!

</div>
May 15th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am now 6w 5d. My nausea has been pretty constant everyday. Somedays I'll wake up feeling like I'm not even pregnant... then later on the nausea will rear its ugly head I find that taking walks and eating ramen tend to help with the nausea. Doing the laundry and taking showers do NOT help with my nausea because of all the sweet smells that are involved. I should find some soap/shampoo that aren't scented.. that will probably help with that area.. but are there even soaps like that? I have very sensitive skin also, so that's ANOTHER issue.

Weird symptom... my hands have become extremely dry for some reason. I read that it can be a pg symptom.. just wondering why??? I feel as if I must lotion my hands every 20 minutes!

Pretty excited about this: my next u/s & first prenatal appt is next Wednesday! Can't wait to see my little bean again! DH will also be there to experience it with me.. I was a little sad he wasn't there with me for the first u/s, but that one was unexpected.

I do hope my nausea chills out for a while.. it's pretty annoying (even if I love the fact that it means I'm pregnant). I hope in a couple weeks it will subside.. and I REALLY hope that it doesn't get worse in the next couple weeks because I remember with DD I didn't get nauseous until 8 weeks.

</div>
May 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
7weeks 1day

So these past few days has been ANOTHER stressful time! My sister and her son have been staying with us and she recently told me that he has the measles. I didn't know how dangerous that was until I looked up "pregnancy & measles". It is *especially* scary for mommies in their first trimester because it can cause miscarriages.. birth defects.. all things of that nature. So of course this brings up all kinds of red flags for me.. I'm trying to look around for any paperwork about my last immunizations, because I knew they gave me some kind of shot after I gave birth to DD, but I wasn't sure which one it was.

Last night I was able to look up my record online and it reassured me that I *did* receive my MMR shot after I gave birth last year. So I called my OB office this morning and told them what was going on.. the nurse I spoke to sounded VERY concerned and she wants to make sure that I still have the immunities in my blood. So I need to go into the lab today to get some bloodwork.. I REALLY hope everything goes just fine...

</div>
June 1st, 2007, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
9weeks 2days

Here I am.. slowly inching my way to the 2nd trimester!!! It's actually going by faster than I thought. At first it was sooo sloooooow, but now it's sneaking by me. I guess because I've been feeling better lately, so I'm not so sluggish. But believe me.. I AM still sluggish, just not as bad Nothing major has happened lately. Sometimes I feel like I can feel the baby moving.. cos it tickles where my uterus is.. but I'm not sure how early you can feel the baby move the 2nd time around. I know I'll be able to feel it a lot earlier.. just don't know how early. I can't wait to feel those flutters again.. it's so... exciting/cute/special. Everything in one.

I'm starting to think it's a girl again. Mostly because I've been reading lately a lot about my whole ovulation & fertile time.. and that most unplanned pregnancies end up in girls because girl sperm lives longer than boy sperm... and although boy sperm is stronger and faster, they die sooner. Yeah as you can see, I've really read into it. I thought I had my cycle figured out so that these "unexpected pregnancies" wouldn't happen.. but I had NO idea that a girl can be fertile for up to a WEEK per moth. Which is why I never expected to get pg in the first place... HAH! I guess I learned my lesson.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search