Cyn's Journal

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Well I got back from my trip to Florida last night and while it was nice to see my friends and family, it left me realizing how much I have distanced myself from them since a year ago. It's amazing how fast life can change in a year. Moving 1200 miles, completely uprooted, for what.. a job... being closer to Brian's family is nice yea, I also like the further independance from my large and involved family. But to get pregnant so soon after, just 6 months later I'm 4 months pregnant, it's sad that those who have been there for me my whole life now will not be around to share the most important thing to happen within it. perhaps I'm cheating this child by being so far away from family. But deep down I know I never would be pregnant if we hadn't made the changes we did when we did. Changes needed to happen. Deep down I know as hard as this has been, it has been and will be the best thing for us in the long run. I just which things would work out better for Brian work wise. It's hard to be patient.

So I think we like th names Logan and Madison for now. I'm not sure about Madison but Bri loves it and he voices up very little so I'm more than happy to let him name his little girl. Logan we love equally. Next is middle names and secondary names. These kinds of decisions have been going eaiser than I thought.

The next big decision is whether to stick to my guns about not finding out the gender. It's easy to get swayed with so many others finding out, but I don't think knowing early is the right choice for us with this baby. While it may help me identify better with this stranger in my belly, it wont change anything in the end.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with not showing at all yet. I'm glad I can still fit into my size 6 jeans for now b/c I can't afford to go shopping if I needed to, but seeing the belly pics of others makes me again feel left out. Everyone else had symptoms, I had none. Everyone else is showing, no one can tell on me. Everyone is finding out the sex, not me. Everyones feeling movement, I have no idea what I'm feeling if it is movement. Am I really pregnant? *sigh* I can't complain I guess. I wont. It just still seems surreal. Still feels like an idea and not a reality.

Reality really hit hard after being at that trade show and on vacation and not being able to have a drink. There are people drinking everywhere, social lubricant in full effect, and me feeling slightly out of step, intolerant to drunkeness, and edgy. I admit to feeling left out and irritable. I got in a fight with DH but I dont think I was mad he was drunk, I think I was just a bit jealous I couldn't have a good time either - stressed about working and trying to make deals... I got edgy. I guess it happens. I need to learn to be more aware of my moods though, lately at times I can come off as a real ##### to the person I love. Need to work on that.

My mom got me the Crib sheets and stuff I wanted to for the baby. All my birthday presents this years was stuff for baby, haha my life is truly over. It's good though, baby needs stuff more than I do. Was nice to see the family thinking of baby first as well, even though there is little evidence yet of the tiny tyke.

I guess the word for this month is Patience. Patiently waiting for football season to start, to start showing, to get my next u/s, for hubby to get a full time job, for making ends meet financially, for things to cool down, etc...

God help me.

August 11th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Well Baby #1 sure has been easy so far. I went to my third appointment (16 weeks according to my DR) and met Dr. Chao. She was very nice and I'm glad to have met her finally since it was her bio and credentials that led me to select this practice.

I'm up to 127lbs. That's 9lbs over my pre-preggo weight but only 3lbs up from my first and second appointments.

She reminded me about being RH- and was suprised I knew so much about it, happy to hear I've done my homework.

She heard the heartbeat right away and said the baby was moving around alot.

She gave me a new prescription to replace those awful tasting chewable antibiotics I could not keep down.

I was instructed to schedule my next ultrasound in 3 weeks, before my next appointment on Septemeber 5th.

I was also instructed to go get bloodword done on Monday for the quad screen.

So far so good. The nosebleeds and sinus stuff is getting annoying but I can deal with it.

August 23rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
I get to pick up the Glider and Ottoman I got on sale for half price at Rooms Today last weekend. That should be fun to put together tonight. Wes (FIL) will be here so that means we're going to have a good dinner tonight!

I had a very weird dream last night I was getting my car serviced, oil changed and tuned up but the place told me they could not find the computer to my car to check the diagnostics. I started YELLING at the guys saying Honda Civic's are the most common car on the market, and if they dont know where the computer is they need to get some serious trained technicians in there. I thought it was an excuse to not do all the things I was paying for and I said "what else didn't you do?" and tried to refuse to pay. The guy just laughed at me, which made me madder, and then I couldn't find my wallet.

Oh well, at least it's not another dream about squirting a baby in the eye with breastmilk the first time I try to feed it.

September 11th, 2007, 11:43 AM
It's a...

Healthy baby!

About my big U/S
HB was 156 and baby weighs 9oz. Placenta is in a good spot. Got to see little fingers and toes and the baby was being a bit stubborn and wouldn't turn so she could look at the heart. She had me eat a piece of chocolate cake (yum!) and walk around for a few minutes and sure enough, that worked great, the baby started moving like crazy. DH came in and we both got to see the baby at the same time, and the tech was really supportive of keeping it a surprise (she did for all 3 of her kids), so no spoilers!

Baby's arm is way over it's head haha .. I'm this big!

I got to meet the 2nd dr of 4 in the practice I will be seeing and delivering with. She was great, so far I'm very happy with this practice.

Quad Screen results came back well within normal range, I'm not at risk. In fact the normal range for my age for Downs is like 1/500 or something she said, my results came back 1/10,000. Very low risk for spinal bifida and Tri18 and the others. I'm so relieved!

The Anatomy U/S Scan she said looked GREAT, especially the heart and organ development.

She reset my due date back to Jan 27 which puts me at 19.5 weeks but I'm not resetting the dang counter thing again haha It's all the same in the end.

The pains I felt on Sunday she thinks are more probably muscle spasms and cramps from walking so much that day. She approved my Yoga medical release and said it should help me get in better shape to prevent them from happening again, however I have to get used to my "New" body and make adjustments, so take it easy.

I'm up 5lbs from my last appointment to 132 (starting weight was 117). She's happy with my weight so I am too.

I couldn't ask for more I feel blessed and my last worries are dissolved.
Just grow and carry to term is my big job now.

I took my belly ring out last weekend so I'm ready. Grow belly grow!

Oh I forgot one more thing.....This practice does not write down the baby's sex, it's a surprise for them too so she told me not to worry. She said some may always say him or her but it's not in direct reference. cool!

November 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Test results are in!

Sep 5, 2007

I just got back from my DR. appt, I got to meet the 2nd dr of 4 in the practice I will be seeing and delivering with. She was great, so far I'm very happy with this practice.

Quad Screen results came back well within normal range, I'm not at risk. In fact the normal range for my age for Downs is like 1/500 or something she said, my results came back 1/10,000. Very low risk for spinal bifida and Tri18 and the others. I'm so relieved!

The Anatomy U/S Scan she said looked GREAT, especially the heart and organ development.

She reset my due date back to Jan 27 which puts me at 19.5 weeks but I'm not resetting the dang counter thing again haha It's all the same in the end.

The pains I felt on Sunday she thinks are more probably muscle spasms and cramps from walking so much that day. She approved my Yoga medical release and said it should help me get in better shape to prevent them from happening again, however I have to get used to my "New" body and make adjustments, so take it easy.

I'm up 5lbs from my last appointment to 132 (starting weight was 117). She's happy with my weight so I am too.

I couldn't ask for more I feel blessed and my last worries are dissolved.
Just grow and carry to term is my big job now.

I took my belly ring out last weekend so I'm ready. Grow belly grow!

I want to celebrate by going to Cold Stone for Icecream! hehe

Oh I forgot one more thing.....This practice does not write down the baby's sex, it's a surprise for them too so she told me not to worry. She said some may always say him or her but it's not in direct reference. cool!

28 week Update

October 2

I had my 28 week appointment last friday morning.

My Glucose results came back as 82 (Normal range is 65-135) so that is Good! I

I gained another 9 lbs this past month!!!! WHERE IT IS GOING I DON'T KNOW! I still fit in size 6 Preg pants so it must be all belly. That brings my weight gain total to 25lbs which she said is in the normal range but to start watching my intake of sugars, starches, and carbs - calories pregnant bodies don't burn well after the 5th month. OMG I never thought I'd see 150! My scale at home is lying to me, it says I only gained 4 this month. oops. No more ice cream, banana bread, muffins, donuts, and mashed potatoes for me!

My bloodwork showed slight anemia so she gave me a prescription for iron supplements.

Baby's heartbeat was good and strong and growth is "great"!

I told her about the tender-to-touch pain I'm feeling on the left side that feels like ovarian pain and that it concerns me being as I lost one ovary already. She said cysts are common in pregnancy (especially if you've had them prior which I've had) and they usually go away by themself and there's not much they can really do at this point. We decided that if the pain becomes accute we'll do an ultrasound but as long as it's mild as it is now and only tender to touch, it should be fine.

I had to go to the other (main) office to get my Rhogam shot - it wasn't bad. I tested negative for antibodies so all is well in managing the RH- factor.

So I have today off work for some reason WOOHOO! And I took myself to the mall to get me and baby a present for doing so good. I got a winter coat from Motherhood and a tigger onesie from the Disney store.

I start going every 2 weeks now, and other than being more careful of what I eat things are going right on target.!

November 20th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Car accident and trip to L&D

I'm ok, baby is ok. What a hell of a day. Didn't get a mile from home on my way to work at 8:30am, wet and foggy out, I was stopped in traffic. Started to move forward and I let off the brake, then my foot slipped (wet shoes) when I went to hit the brake and it hit the gas instead and I got into a decent fender bender. The cars aren't that bad, my front bumper is pretty messed up (other car looks fine), but more importantly the lady I hit complained of neck pain and was on the phone before I could pull over and get out and ask if she was ok. She nodded and was calling 911 cause we were on a busy 2 lane route blocking traffic. She then noticed that I'm pregnant and said "are you pregnant?" I said yeah and she kinda did a 'oh geesh' and let me know an ambulance was coming.

I called Bri and he was just about to get on the train to go into the city to work, so he wasn't that far away. Cops and medics showed up and we got our cars off the road. The ambulance ladies wanted to take me too after finding out I'm about 30 weeks. I called my DR office and they said not to refuse treatment and go get checked out even if I felt ok - which I did. I told the medics Bri was going to take me to the hospital (he had arrived) I was already registered at and they said ok and left. I don't think they would have let me not go with them if Bri hadn't showed up and said he was taking me to our hospital. Cop didn't give me a ticket, just a case number.

Bri and I went to emergency and I love this hospital - it's just not too busy. They took me up to L&D within 5 minutes and got me on the monitors for about 3 hours. I was having some small contractions and the babies heart rate was all over the place - from 170 to 120. We had lunch and the contractions stopped and heartbeat leveled out at about 150 for a good hours so they sent me home. The DR there was actually the one from my group I have an appointment with on Friday, she was really nice.

I had a feeling everything was ok. Baby was really active trying to kick the monitors off my belly They did blood tests to check for placental abruption and any bleeding since I'm RH- (I just had a rhogam shot anyway) and all came back negative.

They let me go home around 1:30 with a list of signs to watch for. I feel ok. Just a bit sore from tensing up during the hit I think. More importantly the baby is fine. I feel horrible - but accidents happen and on a scale of 1-10 this was a 2.

Sucks. Never had an accident before I got pregnant and now I've had 2 in 3 months. I'm getting scared to drive.

Visit my Online Baby Shower

Thanks to my friend Tonda who surprised me by setting up an online baby shower central for me!

http://www.webbabyshower.com/cynthia

Leave a note, play some games, make a birthday bet and gender guess, and have some fun!

December 17th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Dec 5th

Had my 32 week appt this morning (8:20 ugh)...BP 120/60 "perfect", weight 154 "great" (30lbs total so far), fundal was right on, heartbeat was right there and strong. No tests, no checking position or cervix, no talk about preterm labor or getting ready. nada.

Next appt is on the 20th.

They do the GBS test at 36 weeks so that's the first week of January for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search