Stupid Question Time (Poss TMI)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
OK, so I'm 8 weeks now & the constipation has just hit me. I'm not really "regular" so dealing with occassional constipation is normal for me but what I just experienced was BAD. My question is can it hurt the baby in any way by "pushing" or "pushing" too hard? I know this is probably stupid but I couldn't help but worry a little after my recent experience in the ladies restroom. Thanks for any info!

March 10th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Peytonsmomma
i used to wonder that also, i am just now experiencing it, it hurts huh?!!
March 10th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Super Mommy
Yes!! In the book "What to Expect When you are Expecting" I read during my first pregnancy that you shouldn't strain too hard AT ALL in your first trimester because your baby is just that little. If you are having trouble going THAT BAD you should ask your dr for a stool softener or stock up on prune juice and activia yogurt which I hear really works. DONT SIT N STRAIN YOURSELF ON THE TOILET!
March 10th, 2009, 08:48 AM
OH MY! I had the same problem with my first baby. I've had 3 kids so far. Yes, mine was so painful I wanted to cry and yes I asked my dr. She said it's normal and to take some peri-colace (sp??). I did and never had a prob again. Also, my sister just had a baby and she had the exact same problem... so I'm thinking it's pretty normal.

Cary
March 10th, 2009, 08:53 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that can cause you to get hemorrhoids. I've never experienced that, though. Personally, Activia yogurt is a lifesaver if you eat it every day. That stuff is crazy. Also make sure you have a relaxed jaw... tmi, but it helps. You can always go with a stool softener, too... I've never tried that personally, it freaks me out haha.

monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Double post!!!

Last edited by monica8; March 10th, 2009 at 08:58 AM.
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I agree that it probably isn't good for you and possibly the baby to strain so hard. Pregnancy and pre natal vitamins can cause constipation. You need to make sure you get lots of fiber in your diet. Talk to your Dr and see what he/she recommends.

March 10th, 2009, 08:54 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I agree that it probably isn't good for you and possibly the baby to strain so hard. Pregnancy and pre natal vitamins can cause constipation. You need to make sure you get lots of fiber in your diet. Talk to your Dr and see what he/she recommends.

March 10th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh no I'm scared now because I was sitting there straining for probably about 3-5 minutes. I hope I didn't hurt the baby!

March 10th, 2009, 08:59 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You didn't hurt the baby, but you should try to take something that help with that. You will for sure get hemmoroids that way. Take a stool softener or something.

March 10th, 2009, 12:14 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
no you can't hurt the baby, but pushing too hard can cause bleeding... and if you have hemroids cause pain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search