well gee, thanks

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
*gasp* That is incredibly rude!! I'm so sorry , some people just don't know how to hold their tongue There is a time and place for everything and that was not one of them, I don't blame you for being offended.

March 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm hoping that somehow in her own twisted way she meant it as a compliment. Like wow you don't even look pregnant yet and you're so tiny you probably won't show for a while.

If she meant it as an insult I'd give her the stink eye the rest of the day!

March 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's horrible! I probably would have been mean and asked when she was due! Some people are just stupid!

March 10th, 2009, 10:13 AM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
I can't believe she said that! How rude! I wear scrubs all day at work for the most part and even those are starting to get tight around the midsection...the baby belly is just pushing my fat out...ugh, its so not attractive...I get people who tell me that they don't understand how I am "showing" when I am only 10 weeks...I am thinking...because the fat just doesn't disappear!!!!! some people's kids...
March 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah that is so dumb! Don't people know not to talk about pregnant ladies weight?! Its so invasive. My SO's mom said she knew I was pregnant because of how pudgy I am!! I was thinking "uhhhh I believe I'm more in shape now, since I've cut beer carbs out of my diet!!!. Good for you for making me feel fat!!" (BTW I think I've gained 3 pounds so far and am like 138, so that comment is BS). Definitely a sensitive subject anyways and think its so rude people like to make 'cute' little comments like that.

March 10th, 2009, 11:51 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a B.

I'm scared to tell my co-workers... I shudder to imagine the off hand comments I'll start getting!
March 10th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
that is so rude , but mabey in her own way she did mean it as a complament. DH the other day asked me if my but was getting bigger and apperently he meant it as a good thing like my butt looked good but at the time I was insulted

March 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
aw (((((HUGS))))) maybe she thought she was saying something nice??

March 10th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
as someone who frequently puts her foot in her mouth I agree with jenn, maybe she meant that since you haven't started showing yet you probably won't gain much weight????? I would be mortified regardless but at least its a thought...
March 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gosh, some people just dont get how pregnant people's hormones work!! I too would have been pissed!! I remember with my first pregnancy my DH told me how great it was because now my butt and boobs looked GREAT! Of course he thought it was a compliment but all I kept thinking was, gee how bad were they before?! I mean I know I am petite so everything is small on me, but ummmm yeah how could I not be offended.

Just blow her off. Pregnancy is beautiful!! ENJOY IT!
March 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
Dont take it to heart... everyone has something to say when your preggers. Its like some life right or something to say whatever you want about a pregnant woman's body. I dont understand how people forget that we are still women and we dont want to hear their dumb comments!!

Ive had people telling me that I look thinner... and that is making me mad! Ive been eating my 2500 cals a day and havent gained a LB and all I want is little bit of a baby bumpppp!!!! Hurry up baby and GROW!!

(I will probably hate myself for saying this once the weight gain actually starts lol)
March 10th, 2009, 05:46 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some people!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 11th, 2009, 03:52 AM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eh.. that is SO rude!
March 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I would have slapped her right then and there. Oh BTW I'm fat and I start really showing around 16 weeks. So she should kiss your $%#*

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 11th, 2009, 08:53 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is rude. I can't believe what people say to other people don't they think before they speak??

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search