Are you High Risk?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2009, 12:59 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If so, why and what is different for you than a normal pregnancy? How are appt's different, etc..?

I'm high risk due to GD. Actually my Dr is sure that I am diabetic, without being preggers, so she's keeping a close eye on it now.

I have more appt's than a normal pregnancy. I start going twice a month around 5 months. At around 7 months I have to go twice a WEEK for the NST's and a check up.

I have to do finger pricks several times a day and insulin shots 3-4 times a day. Along with that come the strict diet and carb/sugar counting.

March 10th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been high risk for the last two, I have impatient babies/irritable uterus, so I have preterm labor issues. I had a 36 weeker and a 37 weeker.

I'm not labeled high risk yet, and I'm trying to think positively, but I will not be surprised.
March 10th, 2009, 01:42 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I'm not HR with this one - with xavier I was until I was 15 weeks for bleeding issues.
March 10th, 2009, 01:55 PM
*Hayley*
nope, but they will monitor be closely at the end of the pregnancy because cohen was 9lbs 9oz
March 10th, 2009, 02:03 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was referred to a high risk doc b/c of an abnormal test result. My 2nd test came back normal, but the high risk doc still wants to see me at 18 weeks. So, I would technically say that I am not high risk.
March 10th, 2009, 02:31 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
I'm high risk because of preterm labor and rupture of membranes and cervix shortening.
I already had 1 appt but at 16 weeks I start going every 2 weeks for quick scans of the baby and a scan of my cervix.

I go to my OB every 3 weeks for them to keep an eye on me.

My water breaks out of no where, I mean I'm fully closed and long and it will break without stopping. I can be fine and all of a sudden whoosh I'm breaking all over the place. It is not pretty. I hope it is like it is with KJ it broke while I was going potty and it didn't need to be all the way done. Owen it was clearly broke, but it just leaked until they just ripped it in the delivery table. Last one it broke and it just wouldn't stop at all. I wore a pad and I just walked into the ER with it pouring down my legs me crying it won't stop and I was soaked and it was freezing out. The ladies washed my clothes on L&D because my DH never brought me back clothes.
They see a little bit of shortening in my cervix and I will be in there every couple of days for scans of the cervix, because they can't control my water.

Thanks to cavewoman

Last edited by .kristen.; March 11th, 2009 at 01:06 PM.
March 10th, 2009, 03:00 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
It will depends on this doc.

the fertility clinic considers me high risk.

But bella i was cuz 1, I have had several kids, and 2 I had placenta previa

March 10th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, now that I just found out it's twins, I assume I'll be considered high risk.

March 11th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I'm high risk because of high blood pressure during pregnancy. Its called PIH. I go every 2 weeks until 28 weeks when I go every week.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
I already know I am concidered High Risk.
1. This being my 8th pregnancy.
2. Twins with my last pregnancy
3. Shorten cervix
4. History of PTL
5. Preemies (My twins were 29 weekers)

Not sure how my appts will go as of yet since I haven't had my U/S nor have I seen a dr yet.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

March 11th, 2009, 12:12 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ish. My son had a condition that the drs were not able to diagnose properly. We don't know if it was a fluke or Genetic. If it was Genetic that means a 25% chance of recurrence - so I'll be having an early u/s & then I'm supposed to see a perinatologist at 18 weeks for an in depth scan. I also have a heart condition.

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
March 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I am lucky I am not at all considered high risk, which I was happy about because one of my sisters had gestational diabetes and the other gets high blood pressure and had two have c-sections with her 2, so it makes me happy I am not following down the same path

March 20th, 2009, 05:20 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bumpin'

March 20th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
With this pregnancy, I'll have to have a cerclage put in ((fairly soon actually)). I was on bedrest with my son from 19-37 weeks due to preterm labor and IC. It was absolute torture. Im hoping to avoid it this time. I also have a pelvic kidney, and slightly high BP (only in pregnancy) I go to the doctors every 2 weeks for now and at 28 every week to the doctor and a NST every week. With my son it was much of the same with appointments, plus I had a transvaginal u/s to measure my cervix in the 3rd tri at almost every visit, and a FFN test every 2 weeks. ((predicts labor within 2 weeks))

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl! SHE'S HERE! Lillian Emma Born 1/9/15 @37wks 6lbs 8oz

March 20th, 2009, 07:22 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not yet, but I became high risk my last pregnancy at around 25 weeks, so I wouldn't doubt if the same thing happened this time around.

Went into pre-term labor, contractions from then on but luckily no change in my cervix, and my BP skyrocketed.
I was at the dr's office at LEAST twice a week.

I'm hoping for smooth sailing, as I have Holden to take care of and I can't just drop everything whenever the OB calls

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 21st, 2009, 09:22 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was on a million different medicines when i became pregnant but im off all the pain medication on a regular basis, i take it when needed now (and yeah im miserable) but still on others, so the docs seem to slow down a little for a second look. Ive had 3 back surgeries in my low back including artificial disc replacement and fusion with rods and screws so im just in a lot of pain.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

March 24th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'll be high risk.. I had gestational diabetes with Adriana and I'm probably going to get it again with this baby. I'm not to worried.. I'll go on insulin again and more then likely I'll have another 6 lbs baby or maybe a 7 lb baby. So far I'm keep track of my blood sugars and everything is in check and I'm eating whatever I want.. I do plan on seeing my Endo in a few days..

Paula - We can be GD buddies.. hehe.. I know once I start the diet again, I'm going to need some emotional support.. lol Oh the joys.. hehe

March 24th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to karsynsmama Send a message via Yahoo to karsynsmama
I am high risk bc of preterm labor with Karsyn at 24/25 weeks, pre-eclampsia, 4 cervical surgeries that has caused an incompetent cervix, and I have had 1 ectopic pregnancy and 1 miscarriage in a 6 month period....booo!!!

March 24th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I don't know yet, So far nope, but it can turn at any point because of the meth.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search