UGH!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2009, 03:52 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay so I think I already told you girls that the other medicine the ER doctor gave me I cant take during my first trimester (actifed) well my regular family doctor wont see me because of legal reasons with me being pregnant so he reffered me to my OB, well his office was closed last week cuz he was on vacation, so I called them on Monday, and the nurse told me that he is in the hospital and not taking patients all week. So I told her what all was going on (this weekend I couldnt get my temp below 100 even with tylenol) and she seemed really conserned, I told her I had already gone to the ER and about the medicine he gave me. She decided to give me an antibiotic that is a class B so I cant take it safely while pregnant YAY, its cefdinir. Well I went to work yesterday and kept getting up to throw up, not because of morning sickness but because I was coughing so bad it was gagging me. My work wouldnt let me go home because they said it was unfair to all the other people who have colds, and mine was just due to my pregnancy, which it wasnt! So when I get home last night my temp is 102.3! I took some tylenol and my antibiotic and passed out. I called the doctors office this morning and spoke to the nurse again, she told me she would fax a note to my work and that I AM NOT to return to work until I can keep my temp under 100. When I called in to work the lady was evil of course and said "I wonder if you will still have your job after this?" According to my dr though, if they fired me even though everytime I have ever called in (I have 3 times this month but before then I hadnt since like May) that I could sue since I have doctors notes for all times.

I have a question though, I really need to return to work tomorrow to cut down on the damage but my temp still wont stay under 100, anyone know what I can do? Im already taking tylenol, drinking cold fluids, and keeping a cold compress on my head....

Thanks ladies.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

March 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, it's your bodys way of telling you to take it easy and care for yourself. Don't worry about work. They can't fire you for that!! Take it easy, get lots of rest and take your meds. I hope you feel better soon.

March 10th, 2009, 04:05 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
sweetie, if you still have a fever you need to rest. How many days have you had the fever now?

March 10th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did HR at my last job, and they CANNOT fire you over this. Not when you have doctors orders to not return to work. Make sure you keep copies of what notes the doctors have given you. You can definitely contact EEOC if fired, as well as be able to collect unemployement.
Dont worry about your job. Worry about your health which is way more important.
I hope you feel better.
March 10th, 2009, 05:39 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive had a fever over a 100 since Friday of last week. Thanks ladies, I have been sleeping all day and am about to go back to bed. My mom has been a lifesaver helping me with Addi.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search