Kinda Saddening

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Super Mommy
Its kinda sad when you think about it ladies that our DDC started out with about double the amount of ladies that we have now... for such a little time we've had a bunch of losses and I know we feel for all of those ladies.... I keep all those ladies in my T&P as well as you guys that when I sign on the next day all the women from the day before still have their thriving little beans!

I also have a question... have any of you guys heard that pregnant women are not supposed to eat lunch meat? Because for almost a week I have been eating lunch meat (which I normally wouldnt) but I read as I was browsing in another forum that maybe thats not a good thing ???
March 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was actually thinking about all the women who initially were on this board this morning... so terribly sad that so many had to experience that kind of loss... it seems like we really did lose half. I echo your thought and pray we all make it through happily.

(ps: no lunch meat per my doc- very, very bad acc. to her)
March 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
I know I was just thinking that to

Yea lunch meat and hot dogs.. but they are fine to eat if you steam them first. I pop the lunchmeat in the microwave for about 30 secs are so

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 10th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
for real I can have pepperoni back?!
March 10th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
Ive heard this also- especially if its coming from the deli- even meats that normally wouldnt have listeria bacteria can become contaminated at the deli. But as long as you cook it to steaming the bacteria will be killed and you can munch away!!
March 10th, 2009, 06:41 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is very sad. I feel terrible for these ladies.

I have heard mixed responses about the lunch meat. I have only had it once (a pastrami melt). I have also had only 1 nitrate free hot dog.
March 10th, 2009, 06:44 PM
It is very sad to hear about so many ladies leaving us, and at the same time it makes me so nervous!! I dont have my 1st appt until 12 weeks and I've never gotten a confirmation beyond my pee stick tests... It will break my heart to find out that my little love bug doesnt exist
March 10th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Super Mommy
Ok well i am a little scared, I have been eating ham and salami like it was going out of style! Whats so wrong with it? The bacteria that it could hold then? ****it! I have nothing to eat with my pickles now... ice cream doesn't tempt me LOL I am sad about that now

And the fiancee just say "oh well, no more lunch meat for u then" DARN
March 10th, 2009, 06:48 PM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
its super sad to hear about the losses. having been through one before im super paranoid. i hve my 2nd u/s on friday, im praying we still have a hb!

March 10th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyEliChase View Post
Ok well i am a little scared, I have been eating ham and salami like it was going out of style! Whats so wrong with it? The bacteria that it could hold then? ****it! I have nothing to eat with my pickles now... ice cream doesn't tempt me LOL I am sad about that now

And the fiancee just say "oh well, no more lunch meat for u then" DARN
Dont be sad- just cook it up first! your pickles dont have to be lonely... You know what is fabulous- a texas toast grilled ham and cheese sandwhich- and it goes so well with fried up ham
March 10th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violette View Post
Dont be sad- just cook it up first! your pickles dont have to be lonely... You know what is fabulous- a texas toast grilled ham and cheese sandwhich- and it goes so well with fried up ham
I will have to try that. I finished a whole jar of kosher pickles in 3 days, bout 3 of the large deli pickles the other day but they made me gag
March 10th, 2009, 07:26 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every day I come here and hope we haven't lost another I hate the beginning of pregnancy for that reason!

Lunch meat is FINE as long as you heat it up!!
All doctors have different opinions. Some tell you not to drink soda, mine says one a day is fine (or one cup of coffee), etc etc

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
it's very sad and my T&P are with all those ladies and all us ladies moving forward. I can't imagine going through the loss of a baby.

Lunch meat ~ I just steer clear of it just in case. Not sure though I've heard it before.

March 10th, 2009, 08:13 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
It really breaks my heart that so many women have to say goodbye. I keep hoping that there won't be anymore women who have to leave.

As far as the lunch meat goes my Dr last time told me it was a no no so did many of the pregnancy books I read. It's supposed to be ok if you heat it first but other than that you should stay away.

It's because listeria is sometimes found in lunch meat. Most of us would easily be able to tolerate it but it can be dangerous for the baby. Here is some good info if you want to look it over.
http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/preg...icles/221.html

March 10th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Snowpeas
This such a scary time in pregnancy and I feel so close to everyone already. It breaks my heart to hear that another little bean has passed away. I have felt that pain and I wish with all my heart that I could take the pain away from everyone going through it.

I was on last week since I got to see my little bean and hear the heartbeat. And now I'm back to being worried. I hate the first trimester!!
March 10th, 2009, 09:20 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking about this too. Everyday there seems to be more losses and it's so sad.

Lunch meat is fine! I've asked my Dr twice now, she said it's fine both times. My dh asked me.. what did people eat before they had all these scares? Guess what, they ate lunch meat! lol Everything in moderation. I wouldn't sit and eat 5lbs of lunch meat at a time but a sandwich or a sub every once in awhile is NOT going to hurt anyone.
Same with caffeine.

March 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me too. It so sad that so many people have already left us. I admit it makes me more paranoid to an extent, since I have no indications of what's going on inside of me currently (although I assume everything is fine and dandy since it was at my last appointment). Seems like so long until I'll be able to hear the hb again in a few weeks. My heart does go out to everyone that's had a loss... T&Ps are with them.

March 11th, 2009, 06:15 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doctor told me if I was going to have lunch meat to buy the pre packaged and not the deli kind cause of all the hands that touch it and once it gets slimy to not eat it.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 11th, 2009, 07:16 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
It is sad! I was going through making a list of our angels and i just got tears!

I am not a lunch meat person, but I have always heard no no while pg.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search