Back from appts...great news and not so great news

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Sorry I didn't get on yesterday I wasn't feeling very well. Ok here is the great news. My numbers on Wednesday 3/4/09 were 6500. On Saturday 3/7/09 they were 13,600. So they more than doubled and I'm definately pregnant and baby is looking well. The not so great news. As you all know I'm a fluffy mommy. I have never had Diabetes. I get checked every year. Well the doctor says I may have had a mild form of it before I got pregnant and now that I am pregnant we can't check for it and now its not regulated. So it could potentially cause problems with the baby. I had a 3 hr Glucose yesterday and if I pass it we will be ok. If I don't then the doctor will have to figure something out. So while we have a healthy baby growing inside right now we don't know what will happen later. I will get the results tomorrow.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 11th, 2009, 08:52 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dear God woman, I've been worried about you!! I'm glad the baby is fine!! Don't worry about your sugar, worst case, you go on insulin. It's not THAT bad. I'm checking my levels for two weeks and then at my next appt, we'll go from there.

March 11th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad everything is ok with little bean! As far as the glucose test, even if you do have diabetes its totally possible to regulate it when pregnant. I really wouldn't worry about it. Great news!!!!
March 11th, 2009, 09:04 AM
*Hayley*
glad everything with the baby is ok. just start monitoring your diet right away.
March 11th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have completely changed my diet when I found this out. i don't plan on gaining any weight. The nurse wants me to gain 10lbs the doctor nothing.

March 11th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Sorry you weren't feeling well, I'm glad the baby is looking great!! I hope things go well with the glucose test *hugs* KUP!

March 11th, 2009, 11:45 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Glad to hear that your bean is fine!

Sorry about the sugars.... hopefully you can catch it early and all will be good.

March 11th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats my plan. I got rid of everything that contains sugar. We went out and got some fruits and veggies. I'm still working out at the gym.

March 11th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Carbs, cut out carbs. It's not sugars you really have to watch, it's the carbs.

March 11th, 2009, 12:23 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
I hope everything works out on your diet. I wish I could ldo soemthing like that and I really hope you passed your 3 hour glucose!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 11th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Carbs, cut out carbs. It's not sugars you really have to watch, it's the carbs.
Darn. Can you tell I'm not used to this. I love carbs. I love bread.

March 11th, 2009, 12:27 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great to hear your baby is doing well. Good for you for being so on top of your diet. That stinks, but it sounds like you are really taking control of everything you can, which is most important.

March 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Me too! That's why it's so hard! Are they sending you to a nutritionist? Is they offer, go! They will set you up a plan of how many carbs you're allowed per meal, etc... You don't have to cut them completely out, you just have to limit them.
There are "free" foods too. Like eggs. Eggs are really good for you and have no carbs. Any food that contains less than 5 grams of carbs per serving is considered a 'free" food.
Also, foods that I didn't think had carbs, do. Like lettuce. A salad bowl of lettuce is about 15 carbs. 14 baby carrots, 15 carbs.

Oh and if a food has fiber in it, you subract that from the carbs. Like if your eating cereal and it is 38 carbs but 5 grams of fiber per serving, you only count 33 carbs.
LMK if you need any help with this stuff. Sadly, I've got it mastered now.

March 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Paula I welcome your wisdom. I know know none of this. I thought salads were good for you. I also just bought a ton of carrots. Are mushrooms good for you? I love them and don't think I can give them up. LOL

March 11th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Oh they ARE good for you. I use to snack on that stuff all the time, because you still need it. However you add the lettuce, carrots, etc, etc, salad dressing all together and that's a lot of carbs. So if you have a salad for lunch or something, have it alone.
You really need a scale on what you can have. I had, I think.. 45 carbs for breakfast, 30 for lunch and 60 for dinner. It's hard when you eat pasta, because it's a small amount. You just have to figure out how to work them into a meal and make yourself full.
I also got 2 snacks a day, which were 15 carbs each.
Do you have a glucose meter? If not, get one. It's so much easier to manage your meals if you know what your sugar is at.
Mushrooms have like 3-4 carbs per 100 grams.
Oh, they have those glucerna products now. They are just for diabetics. Cereals, snacks, etc. Check into those.

March 11th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cool I'll look into all those things. I'm terrified of all this. It just seems like so much to handle.

March 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Snowpeas
I'm glad to hear your baby is doing well but sorry to hear about the diabetes. Sounds like you've got some expert support here too, hopefully that will help.
March 11th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know there are certain foods that you can eat that help to regulate your blood sugar levels, my hubby's grandma is diabetic and it all under control with her diet, I know that apples and beans are 2 foods that really help control blood sugar levels, hope that helps!
March 11th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My grandmother was diabetic. but she died 10 years ago and I don't remember everything that she ate. I'm glad that Paula is here.

March 11th, 2009, 03:14 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm sure everything will work out just fine. There are lots of perfectly healthy babies delivered by women with GD. As long as you watch your diet and your Dr keeps an eye on everything you probably won't have any trouble.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search