Does anyone else have a laid back doctor?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2009, 09:20 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my doctor, I think she's amazing. I have a family practitioner, so when I got pregnant I didn't have to switch to an OB. She's always been very knowledgeable and able to answer my questions immediately. She's also very laid back, which normally I love, but now that I'm pregnant it concerns me a little...

For instance, she said it's fine to eat deli meat - she even laughed at me when I asked her if it was okay. Nothing about heating it first, etc. I've heard so much to the contrary that I still make sure I heat it to steaming, but still - I wonder why she's okay with it while so many others are not. Maybe she just never had a patient get ill from it, so it isn't an issue to her. Also, acne treatment. I use a prescription acne medication (I'm blanking on the name at the moment). She said I'm perfectly fine to continue using it, since the one I use is a milder, refrigerated cream. She said if I were on Retinol or anything stronger, she'd switch me... At first I just stopped using it anyway, but I broke out so horribly (worse than when I was 16) that I decided to trust her judgment and continue using it. Still, I can't help but be a little nervous. Then there's her take on caffeine, hair coloring, etc.

Still, ultimately I LOVE that she's laid back. I know when it comes to labor and delivery time that she's going to let me do things how I want to do them and won't try and pressure me into anything, so I'm happy... I guess I just have to use my own judgment for the rest.

Who else had a laid back doctor? What are the pros/cons you've found?
March 11th, 2009, 09:40 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
My dr is laid back. The thing is they don't believe me if something is wrong like bleeding or anything I have to be blunt with them.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My midwife is laid back too.
March 11th, 2009, 10:54 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Dr is very laid back, but I trust my life with her. She laughed at me too when I asked her about lunch meat. She said it's FINE! I trust her 100%
When I went in for my m/c, it was her on call at the hospital. She did my D&C and took such good care of me. She reassured me over and over it wasn't anything I did.
She delivered my daughter, via c/s and I had to be knocked out. I was crying so hard and fighting to keep that mask off of me. She stopped the drug guy for a sec and brought ym husband in for me. She KNEW I needed him.
Now that it's my first pregnancy since my m/c, she's treating me with kid gloves because she knows that I need it.
She's very good but she is laid back, which is why I trust her so much. She has 5 of her own kids and I know she wouldn't do anything to me that she didn't do for herself.
She also specializes in high risk, which comforts me a lot.
Laid back doesn't mean bad, it means they aren't paranoid by all the "hype" with EVERYTHING. Mine said the exact same thing about lunch meat, eat it and enjoy! Caffeine, in moderation.

March 11th, 2009, 10:59 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I haven't met my new OB yet. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search