He has decided it's a no go

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
For our girl's name. I like Aidyn Grace and he is the type "my family doesn't have girls" so at first he said sure you can pick whatever you want. Well his sister in law had a girl that passed away last March, and his brother's woman had a girl so now he is rethinking the idea. Now he says no to Aidyn Grace he wants a more feminine name. I had my heart set on that name and got used to it. Now it is from square one with it, please let it be a boy so I don't have to search through girls names when I have one I love and fight about it with him. This is the man that wanted to name my oldest Thor or Hulk I mean give me some lee way here with him. UGH!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 11th, 2009, 12:49 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow he wanted to name your oldest what?!? Well they were interesting names to say the least...lol. I personally really like Aidyn Grace for a girl and think he should just hush and let you name her what you want.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

March 11th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I told him when he gives birth he can pick out the name. If he had his choice and it was a girl it would be Wonder Women or Jean Grey something. I mean I love X-men but he is just horrible at picking out names

Thanks to cavewoman

March 11th, 2009, 12:51 PM
*Hayley*
has he come up with any suggestions for a girl's name? if not, remind him that you legally have to give her a name and if he can't think of anything, then it's your choice
March 11th, 2009, 12:54 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Compromise on it. Maybe go with something similar, like Addison or Allison or Adylyn, etc..

March 11th, 2009, 12:58 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think thats a really cute name. I like Aidyn a lot, but didn't want to name my son that because its so popular now. Never thought about it for a girls name. And with grace... Well Grace is super girly, so they compliment each other well. I like it. That stinks you have to come up with a new one. I guess wait to see if its a girl or boy before getting into that again.

March 11th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Oh, he will not agree on a girls name with me. We tried it with KJ and it was just horrible. If we ended up having a girl she would probably go without a name until I was discharged and had to give her a name. We are both indecisive and we have different tastes on names. He likes Aurora Ryann I'm just thinking it is too many r's and he said we would call her Rory. Then I told him well let's just name her Rory, then "No" that's all I every got out of him for a girl's name and he won't change his mind. Then he agreed on Brenna (but I thought it was too close to Breanna, which is my neice's name) and there would be a whole bunch of confusion.

But we didn't have a name for Owen until I was in labor because we had Owen or Caine picked out. But he had a middle name, so that worked, I guess. i'm not going to start arguing with him until after he gets back from Arizona in May by then I will have a name picked out and he will just have to deal

Thanks to cavewoman

March 11th, 2009, 02:24 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thor? Thor? THOR! I am not even going to address Hulk, b/c I am stuck on Thor. That's the name you give a great dane, not a person.

I like Paula's suggestion.

Thanks to Nicole *MommaDucks* for my siggy

March 11th, 2009, 03:52 PM
You are telling me. Until he actually came he was calling him Thor and i would get so mad and I didn't even see the birth certificate until they put the name on the little incubator with him. I was thinking at least he didn't put Thor.

I did think about Adilyn, but I'm not going to think about it until I find out the gender, because if it isn't a girl I will get worked out and stressed out about a name we won't use haha. Hoping for William

Thanks to cavewoman

March 11th, 2009, 03:53 PM
You are telling me. Until he actually came he was calling him Thor and i would get so mad and I didn't even see the birth certificate until they put the name on the little incubator with him. I was thinking at least he didn't put Thor.

I did think about Adilyn, but I'm not going to think about it until I find out the gender, because if it isn't a girl I will get worked out and stressed out about a name we won't use haha. Hoping for William

Thanks to cavewoman

March 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
LOL If he's picking names like Thor and Hulk for a boy he shouldn't have any say in what to name a girl!

You still have plenty of time so hopefully you can find a way to compromise.

March 11th, 2009, 09:32 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
Lol, I'm sure either way you'll find the right name for your little one.

At first when I heard the name Aidan/Aydan for a girl I thought it was a little odd but it's really growing on me. That's a different name and I'm a huge fan of unique names.

You'll get it all sorted out and that DH will have to come around. Hehehe

March 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck on the name compromising! DH and I are still trying to reach common ground!!! Good idea to not get worked up about it till you at least know the sex!

And.... wow.... Hulk??? HA!
You know when my DH said he wanted to name my son Andre, first thing I asked him, if it was after Andre the Giant! He is a wrestling fan, but he told me NO that he didnt even think of the name because of that. Andre I agreed to but if he told me Hulk, I think I would have laughed hysterically at him!
March 12th, 2009, 05:28 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
you still have lots of time. Maybe it will grow on him or you will come up with one you both love.

March 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Super Mommy
Wow, tough crowd!
My DH also wants Thor if it is a boy. I actually came to like it. His grandmother's maiden name is Thorsson so his full name would be Thorsson but we'd call him Thor

However, I did make this mistake. DH is a huge Cubs fan. And since twins run in my family (we've since ruled this out as a possibility) I thought it would be great to have a Clark & Addison (street names of corner where Wrigley Field is located). So he thought this was the greatest idea ever. (I patted myself on the back) Then DH thought he had a bright idea - my Father's name is Kent.... you know where this is going. So Clark would be Clark Kent and we would call him superman. Now, I have never known my DH to be a super hero follower but now I am questioning that!

March 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Oh, I think Clark Kent is cute!

And wow you had a great idea about the street names!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 14th, 2009, 06:21 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
whisper it to him in his sleep maybe he'll wake up and love it

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 15th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Pregasaurus's Avatar Check out these melons!
Send a message via AIM to Pregasaurus
My self I'm kind of partial to the name ... My lil guy is Aydan Sky.

March 15th, 2009, 01:35 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about Addison?? I agree until men can give birth they shouldn't give us a hard time about baby names.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Snowpeas
I hope you can get something worked out! At least you have a lot of time left and when it comes down to it, the momma gets to fill out the paperwork

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search