U/S Question

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2009, 06:50 AM
So yesterday I had my appointment and the baby only measured between 4-5 weeks. I thought I was 7 weeks based on my last period. My chart says I should have ovulated around the 7th of Feburary. Which if they go by gestational age on an u/s would make me 4 weeks 5 days today. So I'm wondering when they do an u/s do they go by gestational age or do they add 2 weeks based on lmp?

I have to go back for another HCG test tomorrow morning but the waiting is agony...
March 12th, 2009, 07:14 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Well I ovulated and conceived on February 4th and I'm 7 weeks 1 day. If you didn't ovulate until the 7th and you have a 28 day cycle you would be due on October 31st not the 27th.

March 12th, 2009, 07:19 AM
according to my chart I have a 32 day cycle
March 12th, 2009, 07:45 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
When doing an U/S they don't look at when your period was. They look at the measurements that the computer gives them to come up with how far along you are.

Do you have your chart link?

March 12th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Here is my chart based on 32 day cycle (mine was around there give or take a day or two). I didn't do any fertility friend charting so this is just from mymonthlycycles.com

Also, here is my test from 2/18 it was very light (barely even there) and on the morning of 2/19 I took a first response and got a bit of a darker line but still very light. I also had an hcg level of 30 from the doctors on 2/19.

Thank you for any insight anyone can provide. I'm on pins and needles waiting to find out what is going on
March 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure but mine has always been really close to my edd. Like the online calculators said my EDD was 10/24 based on O'ing and my Dr said 10-21 by my U/S.
What do the online calcs say for you?

March 12th, 2009, 10:53 AM
An online calculator just gave me a due date of October 31st based on a 32 day cycle. My chart says I ovulated on or around the 7th of February so that would technically make me 4 weeks and 5 days, is that right?
March 12th, 2009, 11:56 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Well it sounds to me like your due date would be 10/31. If that's so then you'd be 6 weeks 5 days.

March 12th, 2009, 12:31 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just browsing by and seen your post.

I too am playing the waiting game. The u/s tech did ask what my lmp was, they do plug this into the u/s computer. If you are measuring 1-2 wks behind, that is why they are doing more blood tests. They want to make sure the pg is progressing. If the tech says your measuring between 4-5wks, than they saw the sac only. They will have you come in for follow up u/s in a wk or so to see the progession. I have one more blood test, have been testing for the week, and so far so good. I will have one more test on Monday and if they continue to go up, than I will have a repeat u/s hopefully Tues. Sometimes, even though we chart, mother nature can be tricky. Charting is not 100%, if it were we would never have to see a dc to confirm how far along we are. Especially if you continue to bd after your expected o dated. Good luck to you, and please drink lots of water, keep hydrated. Its important while you are getting your blood draws so frequently, to make sure the quality of blood is good, to get the best results.
March 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Thank you for all of the kind thoughts I will KUP
March 12th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in the same boat as you. I am also clueless. Based on my last period I figured I was 7 weeks at the time of my U/S and based on the nurses calculations I too was 7 weeks. Yet when the doctor did the U/S and only saw the sac she said I was only 3 weeks. It seemed impossible to me. I am scheduled to go back on the 24th to have another U/S. I am stressing it thinking something is wrong and my baby isnt developing. Also my first pregnancy test I took looked very similar to yours, it was extremely faint. Then the next day I took the frer and it was darker but still light. So there is a possibility that I o'd later than I thought. Maybe that is the same case with you. I thought about taking another hpt just to see if the line was darker but I am trying to not think about it so much because it stresses me out. I am going to just wait it out till the 24th and keep praying my bean is ok.
Sorry for rambling, just feel like we are on the exact same page. You can message me anytime and please keep us posted on your next appt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search