Telling Co-workers

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Regular
Is anyone still hiding their pregnancy from people at work? I have told about 5 people. I had to tell my manger because I was having such bad morning sickness (ALL DAY SICKNESS) to be exact.

March 12th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Super Mommy
I haven’t told yet, one person thinks she knows (well she does) but I haven’t confirmed it to her. I would like to wait until I’m 12 weeks but at the rate my stomach is growing I doubt I’ll wait that long. I’ll see if I can wait till I’m 10 weeks (knock on wood…2 more weeks).
March 12th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Super Mommy
I havenít told yet, one person thinks she knows (well she does) but I havenít confirmed it to her. I would like to wait until Iím 12 weeks but at the rate my stomach is growing I doubt Iíll wait that long. Iíll see if I can wait till Iím 10 weeks (knock on woodÖ2 more weeks).
March 12th, 2009, 09:10 AM
*Hayley*
i haven't said anything and i'm hoping i get a contract for next year soon, before i start really showing.
March 12th, 2009, 09:16 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my director and supervisor since they're going to hire me full-time soon and I wanted to be hired part-time instead (which they agreed to, thank God). I also told one co-worker that's a friend, but she knew all about us TTC and all that jazz as well.

I'm going to tell the rest of the lot after my next appointment, next Friday. I want to hear the heartbeat!! Once I know belly bean is doing fine, I'll tell them. I'm not sure how, but I'm going to try and find a clever way to do so. I work with a ton of women, so I know they're going to go crazy!
March 12th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just told my bosses last night. Surprisingly they were really happy for me... I haven't even been there two months so I thought they would be really upset but all was good. I haven't said anything to my co-workers yet (I'm kinda shy) but I have to because one of them bumped into me the other day and I sorta overreacted...

I know baby is padded but can you give me some extra room?

I was so worried about telling people but it was way easier than I thought so my advice is do it whenever you're comfortable and you might be surprised...
March 12th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my bosses last week and have slowly started telling my co-workers. Out of 80, about 8-9 of them know. I figured I'm almost 11 weeks, heard the heartbeat - so hopefully I'm almost in the clear.... I won't make announcement to the partners in my firm until the last week of March. Then everyone will know after that!

This is my first, so everyone has been super excited for me.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
March 12th, 2009, 10:56 AM
CriscoNinja
I've told 5 people. And that's all I plan on telling. I'm a teacher and was bumped this year by a more tenured teacher (there were cuts) so I don't feel I owe it to anyone to share this. The 5 people I told are good friends.

I also am only inviting those 5 to my wedding even though others in my dept who have wed have invited everyone.

Part of my reason is that there is a huge personality conflict between me and my department chair which is the reason I was chosen to get cut (there were 4 of us on the chopping block).

I really have disconnected myself from most of my co-workers and i'm just going to concentrate on my students and getting through this last trimester of school. It's so hard to go to work for 3 months AFTER you get fired. No motivation lemme tell ya.
March 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I've only officially told a couple of people, but I think they pretty much know now. I'm a teacher too, and we have an outbreak of Fifths Disease. My principal called the superintendent, who has insisted that I and another pregnant teacher are off work until we think the outbreak is over. So since she's gone, and everyone knows why, and I'm gone for the exact same amount of time, it won't be that hard to realize why! Everyone who knows has been very supportive though.
March 12th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't told anyone at work. I have a secure job working for a public hospital but I am on secondment to another hospital that is less than 5 min drive from home. They were going to extend my secondment by another 12 months at the end of June, but once they find out I'm pregnant they won't do that (fair enough), so I'll go back to my 45+ minute drive to work for the last 3 months of pregnancy... so I guess I don't want to tell until we know there's a heartbeat and then know that the 11/12 week scan has gone okay. If something were to happen, there is no point in them knowing and it prejudicing them against offering me a 12 mth contract. So I guess it's all just about being cautious.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 16th, 2009, 10:46 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I don't work outside my home so there are no co-workers to tell. But my kids are telling everyon they can now LOL

March 16th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
All my co-workers know. I had to tell them because I'm going to be on Maternity leave during our busiest time of the year. My poor asst manager she is going to want to shoot herself.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search