TulipDawn

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
How long will you be without the internet when you move? I know my friend that moved there was down for a while before she got internet up, but she had everything shipped over and she wasn't military. How long will you be without internet when you go to Italy? Are you preparing the boys for the flight? I do not envy you about that but envy you about going it Italy. Even if you live on base I want to see pictures!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 12th, 2009, 12:03 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by .kristen. View Post
How long will you be without the internet when you move? I know my friend that moved there was down for a while before she got internet up, but she had everything shipped over and she wasn't military. How long will you be without internet when you go to Italy? Are you preparing the boys for the flight? I do not envy you about that but envy you about going it Italy. Even if you live on base I want to see pictures!
Girl, I will be posting pictures GALORE! Is that how you spell "galore" - it looks weird!

Anway, I have been told that we will be without internet in our home for quite some time - up to 3 months! That's AUGUST! I can go to the library and use the internet there, which is what I will have to do since we will be doing online banking.

Derrick really doesn't need to be prepared for the flight since he's 13. However, Xavier is going to be something to reckon with. Luckily, our flight from Columbus, Ohio to NY, NY is only a couple hours. The flight to Italy, is non-stop through the night. We will arrive there at 930a(330a EST) so hopefully he will sleep for the most part. The pediatrician has adivsed us that we can give him benedryl to allow him to sleep more comfortably. We aren't sure we will do that, let alone need too.

We have 3 waves of movers coming - the first wave is coming in about a week and a half. This is all unaccompanied belongings - mostly dishes, cooking utensils, clothes. That takes about 45 days to arrive. The 2nd wave is the first full week in April. This is when they will take all of our furniture and the rest of our belongings. This will take 60-90 days to arrive. The 3rd wave actually is stuff going to my moms for storage. So whatever things we don't have(couches, tables, cribs, etc) we can get out of the lending closet which gives me the creeps...

So that's the game plan - for the most part.
March 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
That is a long time! They better get their butts moving! Are you living on a base? 3 months is a long time you better be visiting a lot! Wow 3 months I'm still in disbelief

Thanks to cavewoman

March 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM
We don't know where we are going to live. This is how it was explained to us about the process...

We can't get on the housing waiting list until we actually get there and show our orders. We stay in a hotel until they find a place for us. It can be on post or out in the economy. We are a little worried because we have only been granted for a 3 bedroom, however, if this baby is a girl we will need a 4 bedroom (the rules for children are if there is a great then 9 year difference the kids get their own room - which is why derrick and xavier are in seperate rooms. Also, if the genders are different then at age 5 or 6 the kids have to be seperated. Xavier will turn 6 while we are in Italy). So we are hoping for ON post since the houses are a little bigger and the walls have both voltages. However, we have been told to expect living off post. We used to want to live off post until we were told it's extremely expensive, even with the extra $$$ that is given.

I almost flipped when I heard three months too! Hopefully I can make friends to let me borrow their internet... I better start learnin some italian...
March 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Peytonsmomma
tulip! wow! you will be in my prayers! i would be leery about the lending closet to!
i hope everything goes well and you are able to live on base! how long will you be living in italy?
March 13th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
wow, good luck with it all, i hope all goes well

March 13th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codasgirl04 View Post
tulip! wow! you will be in my prayers! i would be leery about the lending closet to!
i hope everything goes well and you are able to live on base! how long will you be living in italy?
We will be there at least 3 years. Dh is thinking of dropping his warrent officer packet after he gets back from Afgan. sometime in 2010. He has to do it before he turns 32 which will be in Jan. 2011. There is also a chance if he doesn't do WO that we will be there another year since he would probably get deployed for a fourth time(second time in italy) which would prolong our stay. We are very excited about - just a little frazzled.
March 13th, 2009, 12:29 PM
That is stressful! Hopefully you can get on base. I can see if getting expensive living there! Hopefully you will be getting lots of friends to use the internet!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im so gonna miss ya on here girl!

March 16th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
im so gonna miss ya on here girl!

I'll miss you too! I will probably try to get some of your girls phone numbers so I can at least give an update to someone and vice versa to keep me in the loop!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search