Weight Gain and/or Clothes not Fitting?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Regular
How many weeks pregnant are you? Have you gained any weight yet? Are your clothes tight or not fitting at all yet?

I am 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I have not gained any real weight yet. I just bloat and my weight fluctuates within a few pounds from day to day. All of my pants are tight on my lower belly. I'm actually going to go buy some new clothes this weekend and get some comfy pants that are stretchy in the waist because I am tired of having to unbotton. LOL.

March 13th, 2009, 05:11 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant and some days my clothes are tight and other days they are fine. I maybe gained 4lbs. so far.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 13th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 11 weeks today! None of my jeans are fitting comfortable - just got the bella band and it works perfectly with them. All of my work/dress pants are still fitting, but starting to get a little snug.

Yesterday, I went to Kohls and Sears and tried to take advantage of the sales. I bought 2 pair of maternity work pants and 2 pair of shorts... plus a longer short-sleeve cardigan top I can wear with leggings and flats. I also bought a non-maternity top that I just loved and couldn't help myself.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
March 13th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Super Mommy
I am 9w1d and so far I have lost 10lbs. So my clothes are hanging on me exept for my waist line, I look like I am bloated.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

March 13th, 2009, 06:11 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 8 weeks 2 days and I can't button my jeans anymore. I haven't gained weight though. I did pull out a pair of maternity pants and wore them Wednesday, so I could be comfy and not in un-buttoned jeans. lol

March 13th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 10 weeks and 1 day and have been in maternity clothes since before the second line was dry on the hpt. lol. I never really recovered from my third pregnancy and the weight I gained after I had the m/c. I am a little fluffy, but most of it is in my belly.
March 13th, 2009, 07:01 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm 7weeks 2 days too and I haven't gained any weight but some of my jeans are fitting tighter than they were. I don't have to leave them unbuttoned or anything yet but I can tell they were tighter than they were.

March 13th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Super Mommy
I am 8 weeks but am tiny to start with so my uterus and this baby doesn't have anywhere else to go but up and out and this is my third (and number two was a c-section) so my muscles are showing no more resistance! My regular jeans are all too tight. But, fortunately I had some larger jeans I had bought after DD was born and saved so some of those are starting to fit. I think I will be in maternity clothes full out by at least 12 weeks, if not a little sooner!

March 13th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 7w5d and started wearing maternity clothes this week.

March 13th, 2009, 08:04 AM
*Hayley*
i'm 8 weeks and according to the doc have gained 5lbs, but home scale says 2-3. i'm still wearing all my pre-preg clothes but i wear long shirts so i can leave my shirt unbuttoned...need to go get a bella
March 13th, 2009, 08:09 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many weeks pregnant are you? 9w6d

Have you gained any weight yet? I've gained 2 1/2 lbs

Are your clothes tight or not fitting at all yet? My pants are tight some days and not tight other days... It all depends on how bloated I am. I use a bella band when I can't get my pants buttoned or I'll wear a skirt/dress. Today I opted for a dress since I have no desire to walk around with my pants unbuttoned all day. While the bella band is great, it still feels like you're pants are unbuttoned and I HATE that feeling!
March 13th, 2009, 08:35 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
How many weeks pregnant are you? 8w5d

Have you gained any weight yet? Not a lb : )

Are your clothes tight or not fitting at all yet? Oddly with no weight gain i still have had to go up a pant size last week. Which were really loose and almost too big when i bought them now are getting snug too. I refuse to buy maternity clothes till im past 12 weeks though...

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

March 13th, 2009, 09:01 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many weeks pregnant are you? 11 weeks tomorrow

Have you gained any weight yet? about 7lbs already

Are your clothes tight or not fitting at all yet? most of my pre-pregnancy clothes do not fit and I have a couple of maternity pants I wear alot, so much more comfortable!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 13th, 2009, 09:14 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many weeks pregnant are you? 10
Have you gained any weight yet? according to the OB i've lost weight. that was about 2 weeks ago though, so I may have gained some since then. Not really sure.
Are your clothes tight or not fitting at all yet? when I bloat everything is tight and I have the feeling my hips have begun spreading yet again. joy! still in all my regular clothes though, not uncomfortable yet

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 13th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Super Mommy
I'm 8 weeks and got my first maternity tops yesterday, at the rate my belly has been growning my job was going to find out too soon if I didn't wear bigger clothes. Couldn't find the right pants though so I'm still leaving the jeans open and tucking the side in.
March 13th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I will be 11 wks tommoro and I haven't gained any weight, and just yesterday I had my 1st pair of pants that would fit right, they would button but not very confortable, once my jeans stop fitting I will move into sweats( I can wear them at work )

March 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Snowpeas
I've lost 6 1/2 pounds since getting pregnant and my clothes definitely do not fit! They are loose everywhere else but tight in the belly area. So I currently went up a size in my clothing, which really stinks because I had just gotten out of this size and down one!

I will have to break down and buy new maternity clothes soon. I loaned my entire maternity collection to a friend whose apartment got infested with bed bugs and now I'm afraid to get the clothes back (she won't even wash them for me first!) because I don't want to end up with bed bugs. Ugh, but that's another issue....sorry.

Anyway, because I've lost weight my bigger jeans are hanging off me and I have to keep pulling them up but they fit perfectly in the belly. lol The inbetween stage is full of adventure!

Forgot to add, I'm 10 weeks.
March 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im 9 weeks, haven't gained, have lost a bit. but things are tight. This is my 7th though LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search