I told them.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Super Mommy
So this morning I caught my mom on AIM which is where we hold most of our convos these days, I told her that I am pregnant and she actually said congratulations. It was alot different then i thought it would be and i feel like there is a whole anvil off of my shoulders. I am a little nervous to tell my dad because she said she'd prefer if i told him myself.
I made it clear that i wasnt looking for her approval and I am a young woman getting married and starting my own family. She just said that she wishes i would have started my career first, but when she got married and had her first two kids she was a waitress. Its a job but not a career so I think she realizes she doesn't really have any business in the situation. As long as my children are taken care of and know love, right?

Welp now that my pregnancy is practically out in the open I can start to enjoy my pregnancy regardless of the fact that I am not getting the attention that I need from my SO which I am still upset about. WISH ME LUCK WITH MY DAD! Its always a touchy subject to tell my dad I'm pregnant, its like saying "Dad, Ive been having some crazy sexcapades." Just something I dont like to discuss with my father LOL
March 13th, 2009, 08:39 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!! I'm so glad you told her. I knew you'd feel better! I hope it goes just as well with your Dad. Just keep the same attitude, it's your life! Now enjoy it Mama!!

March 13th, 2009, 08:50 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm glad you finally told your mom so you don't have to worry about it anymore. Just bite the bullet and tell your dad. What's done is done and putting it off isn't going to make a difference. Enjoy your pregnancy and if others can't find it within themselves to be happy for you then screw them!

I've been meaning to ask you where in NJ you are. I'm in NJ too near the Delaware Memorial Bridge. I tried to PM you but you don't have your PMs set up.

March 13th, 2009, 09:09 AM
*Hayley*
glad things went well with your mother. being a mother yourself, i'm sure you can understand your mother wanting better for you than she had it herself which is why she made the comment about the career.

hope things go well with dad! i was nervous to tell me dad too, but he took the news much better this time than last
March 13th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Mrs.Shirley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad telling your mom went well. Good luck telling your dad.
March 13th, 2009, 09:19 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm happy you have that weight off your shoulders. Good luck telling your dad. I'm sure that will be a relief when that's over too.

March 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
I'm glad you finally told your mom so you don't have to worry about it anymore. Just bite the bullet and tell your dad. What's done is done and putting it off isn't going to make a difference. Enjoy your pregnancy and if others can't find it within themselves to be happy for you then screw them!

I've been meaning to ask you where in NJ you are. I'm in NJ too near the Delaware Memorial Bridge. I tried to PM you but you don't have your PMs set up.
I live in Ventnor, right outside of Atlantic City.
I don't know how to turn my PMS on lol
March 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Oh ok that's about an hour or so from me. Gotta love the Jersey girls!

To turn your PMs on:
Click UserCP
Go to Edit Options
Under Private messaging click the Enable Private Messaging box.

March 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
I'm glad you got it out I know it had you a nervous wreck! I feel awkward about telling my father too. It must be a dad thing haha. But I hope it goes smoothly!

Thanks to cavewoman

March 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay on your mom's reaction! I was nervous about telling my dad too- and he was kinda freaked out. But we've been married 5 years what did he think we were doing? Yahtzee? Anyways he is just as excited as my mom now so I think its just an initial shock thing with dads. Good luck!
March 13th, 2009, 11:28 AM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
I am glad you got that out! I was a nervous wreck...AND I STILL haven't told my biological father who lives only 40 minutes away (we don't talk much)...but I plan to this weekend...it can be very stressful not knowing people's reactions...
March 13th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Snowpeas
Yay! I'm glad you told your mom, it's a nice feeling to be able to relax and enjoy your pregnancy and not worry about someone finding out before you're ready.

Good luck with your dad and KUP!

Last edited by Snowpeas; March 13th, 2009 at 11:37 AM.
March 13th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Super Mommy
So my mother said that i should walk over with my son and "talk to my dad about today"
Because my son has had a fever for the past 2 days and is just getting better and it's cold outside I told her to wait till Monday because I work all weekend long. Her statement was "I guess i'll have to tell him"

What does that mean??? Why do I have to tell him right this instant? I am grown and hey maybe be better if she tells him herself.
March 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Its better once it out girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search