BTDT Mommies.. sleeping arrangements!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Super Mommy
Well we are co-sleepers but not by choice LOL
My son just got spoiled into sleeping in bed with us from when he was little. I am ordering him a youth bed/mattress very shortly.

We have a 2br apartment right now for atleast another year and I want the kids to share the room, should I get my son sleeping in his own bed before the baby comes? I was hoping to have the baby sleep in our room for just a couple of months but I also don't want Chase to feel left out. I want both my kids to feel loved. I am kinda confused and saddened i dont want chase to feel left out of our family.

How do i accomplish this? Any ideas?
March 13th, 2009, 01:54 PM
*Hayley*
i'd get chase in his own bed asap. cohen co-slept for the first 10 weeks or so. at 10 weeks he started to sleep in his roon for the first half of the night until he woke up to nurse and would come back with us. he's been sleeping through the night for months now and it's so nice.

there are going to be a lot of times when you are going to need to do things for the new baby that you shouldn't be doing for chase. sleeping in your own bed is part of growing up and being a big brother. Getting him in his own bed prior to the new baby won't let him associate the two and hopefully will eliminate jealousy. the first few weeks are going to be rough, but you have to be consistent or your children will sleep in bed with your for years.
March 13th, 2009, 02:03 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
I felt the same way with KJ but he was only 11 months old when Owen was born. So but he was sleeping in the big boy bed and I actually slept downstairs until Owen slept through out the night with Owen and then we all had our own beds. I feel like that with this one, how am I going to include the boys and not feel like they are left out of things. I don't know how to do it.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 13th, 2009, 02:20 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Get him in his own bed asap. Make a big deal out of it, make it special, make it a "reward".
Let him pick out his sheets, blankets, etc for his own bed.

March 13th, 2009, 02:20 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Get him in his own bed asap. Make a big deal out of it, make it special, make it a "reward".
Let him pick out his sheets, blankets, etc for his own bed.

March 13th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Snowpeas
I don't have any good advice as I've never co-slept but I want to wish you lots of luck!! The good thing is you still have a lot of time before the baby comes if you decide to get him sleeping in his own bed.

I have a friend who co-slept with all three of her kids. It worked great with one, then two, but by the time #3 came along her dh had to sleep on the couch because there was no more room. lol But it worked for them.
March 13th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
My son slept with me until he was 3. When he was an infant, it was just for peace of mind. As he got older, it was me being selfish. I loved him next to me. When he turned 3, I got him an Elmo toddler bed. He LOVES elmo. I also moved him into his big boy room. He slept in there by himself with the lights off from the jump. I agree with someone above who said you have to make a big deal out of it. Like "WOW!!! Look at your bed"..."Isn't it nice and comfy"..."I wish I had a bed like that!!"...LOL! Now he won't sleep in the bed with me at all. I'll ask him if he wants to sleep in Mommy's bed and he says no...I want to sleep in MY elmo bed...it hurts my feelings. I think I will cosleep with this baby but not in the same bed. This time it's me and DF...so there definitly is no room. We're going to get a bassinet by the bed.
March 13th, 2009, 05:01 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breana was in our bedroom in a bassinet. She never co slept with us. She went into her own room at 7 weeks.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Do you plan on keeping the baby in your room for a while? If so then I'd try to get Chase into his own room by doing what the other girls said. That way the new baby won't keep waking Chase in the middle of the night.

If you aren't ready for Chase to move out of your room or don't think he's really ready try putting a mattress on the floor of your room and encouraging him to sleep there. That way he's still in your room but not in your actual bed.

March 14th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
I would say to do it as soon as possible... My younger brother slept in my mom and step dad's bedroom for years, and by the time they got him a special "fire truck" bed he refused to sleep in it... Now he has 2 bedrooms in the house and the only time he will sleep either one of them is if his cousin stays over (bunk beds are not fun for "only children"), otherwise, he always sleeps in his dad's room. He's going to be 8 years old this year... I wonder if he will ever use his room lol!
March 16th, 2009, 11:30 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I would try to get him in his own bed. we co-sleep huge fan of it, but I don't like other little kids in bed where the baby is.

We transition by putting the toddler bed in our room and them getting used to that before moving to another room.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search