Pains?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2009, 03:18 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Is anyone having pains in their abdominal area?

I have pains but not quite I don't know how to explain it. I think it can be my contractions mixed in with these to make it worse, but I'm just not sure. I take Tylenol it doesn't help. I try to walk it out or sit down and it just gets worse. Last night I had the boys all to bed and I laid down and I just cried myself to sleep from the pains I was enduring. I was wondering if I'm the only crazy one here with these.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 13th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had some pains too but on my back and they feel just like bad menstrual cramps . Have you tried calling your doc or maybe going to the er , The pain sounds really bad. Just take it easy for now.

March 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I just take it easy for now. I don't want to call them they think I'm nuts as is. I called about my mutant bloodwork and they thought I was nuts and didn't know what I was talking about.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 13th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I just take it easy for now. I don't want to call them they think I'm nuts as is. I called about my mutant bloodwork and they thought I was nuts and didn't know what I was talking about.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 13th, 2009, 03:57 PM
*Hayley*
no new pains here...i seem to remember my doc telling me last time to call if i was having abdominal pain. when is your next appt?
March 13th, 2009, 03:58 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not having any pains.

I would just call your doctor anyways.

better be safe than sorry right?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 13th, 2009, 04:01 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I have something going on down there, but I wouldn't say its that painful. I hope you feel better. Drink lots of water and take it easy!

March 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Super Mommy
Can i ask you something personal?
Since your other baby has your doctor talked to you about trying to prevent you from going into labor?? I have only ever heard bits n peices of your story.
March 13th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyEliChase View Post
Can i ask you something personal?
Since your other baby has your doctor talked to you about trying to prevent you from going into labor?? I have only ever heard bits n peices of your story.

They never gave me a game plan to stop or prevent labor. They actually won't stop it until after 20 weeks, I believe, I will not be administrator any drug (ie mag drops, injectables to stop labor) they will not even touch me. I can't go to L&D until 16 weeks where they will monitor me. But at 16 weeks I will start shots or suppositories to see if it will reduce the contractions, which in my case they don't think it will work, but it won't hurt to try, right? And they will start monitoring my cervix. But until I'm 20 weeks or beyond they say "it is in God's hands" which I can't help at this point just gotta get past these next 9 weeks until they will be able to do something if anything. But at 24 weeks they are thinking about hospitalizing me, thank goodness the hospital has internet and I have a laptop!

But I just drank 3 16 oz cups of water and we are going to bed in 30 minutes (thank goodness for bed time) and tomorrow other than going out to get envelopes for my orders I will be off my feet.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 13th, 2009, 04:59 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I've never had pains like that. Sometimes I feel a kind of menstrual like cramps but nothing more than that. I'd give your Dr a call.

I'm not sure exactly what it is that causes you do go into labor so early. Have they considered a cerclage? I'm not sure if that's something that would help in your case.

March 13th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah thats what I dont understand are they chalking it up as that you are dialating or contracting early? `
March 14th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyEliChase View Post
Yeah thats what I dont understand are they chalking it up as that you are dialating or contracting early? `
To put it bluntly they have no clue why my body does this. They are doing all of these blood test that they know are going to come back negative, but still doing it. They say I contract early because they can see them on the monitor. And dialating a little but I still have time for that I don't start that until 20 weeks, they just say my cervix can't handle the weight of the baby so it softens, shortens and funnels early starting at 15 weeks.

And they won't put in a clercage because I am having obvious contractions and something about them only doing it for people with cervix imcompetetance without contractions.

I don't understand, I think they should sew me up but they say because my water breaks whenever it wants to it could cause a serious infection if it breaks and the clercage is still in.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 14th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Super Mommy
I don't have any pains. Try to stay off your feet. Sending tons of hugs your way.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

March 16th, 2009, 10:33 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Hmmm?? I dunno. try to take it easy!

March 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
I do not know.. I have been having sharp twinges on the right side of of my uterus but I am hoping its baby borrowing!

This must be so scary for you.. all the unknown.. Good luck and keep us posted

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 16th, 2009, 10:49 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I had some pains yesterday that felt like period like cramps but I chalked it up as ligament stretching which is the main cause of any abdominal pains at this stange...at least in my case. I have to drink a ton of water as well and it subsides. This is goign to sound weird but I also make sure my hands are warm and stick them RIGHT on where my uterus is and it seems to relax it enough that it doesn't hurt as much.

I've almost cried a few times because it does hurt and is scary.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search