Napping and Insomnia

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Violette's Avatar Veteran
I miss being able to sleep until 10am when I want to!

I got really tired last night around 8pm so I figured Id take a nap then go out with my friend to celebrate his birthday... My nap lasted till 1am and I've been awake since then ... Sadly this is not abnormal... Ive been gettiing up between 4am and 7am regularly. I dont work untill 11am so it kinda blows!

I miss being able to sleep when I want for as long as I want!!! Anyone else haviing trouble sleeping at night?
March 14th, 2009, 06:15 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lol Get use to it. Once the baby gets here, you won't sleep in anyway. Consider it practice. lol
Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep. Soon it'll turn from can't sleep to can't get comfortable to sleep.

March 14th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I now wake up almost every hour uncomfortable and needing to change positions. I can't wait until I am 9 months preggo! Insomnia is pretty common. My doc said we could take tylenol pm (haven't tried it) but check with your doctor- maybe there's something out there.
March 14th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Lol Get use to it. Once the baby gets here, you won't sleep in anyway. Consider it practice. lol
Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep. Soon it'll turn from can't sleep to can't get comfortable to sleep.
Im hoping after I have the baby ill go back to normal.... usually I am fine on 4-6 hours of sleep- chaulk it up to being an ex party girl I guess! Im just so tired lately... but either way your right- practice makes perfect! lol
March 14th, 2009, 08:07 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Unfortunately it tends to get worse as you get bigger and more uncomfortable. Part of the problem might have been that you had went to sleep early so you had already slept 5 hours. Sleeping 8 hours would have you waking at 4 am!

March 14th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meg* View Post
I now wake up almost every hour uncomfortable and needing to change positions. I can't wait until I am 9 months preggo! Insomnia is pretty common. My doc said we could take tylenol pm (haven't tried it) but check with your doctor- maybe there's something out there.
TY for the info but I refuse to take any product with acetaminophen unless its absolutely necessary... that stuff is as damaging to your liver as alcohol and I am ALL SET. My mom used to take the stuff when she was preggo with my little brother and she literally continued taking it for years because she couldnt sleep without it. I guess beign tired is the lesser of two evils to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
Unfortunately it tends to get worse as you get bigger and more uncomfortable. Part of the problem might have been that you had went to sleep early so you had already slept 5 hours. Sleeping 8 hours would have you waking at 4 am!
I think that was my problem also... Although since ive been pg ive needed more like 10-11 hours of sleep a night. No more 8pm "naps" for me lol!!
March 14th, 2009, 06:57 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have horrible insomnia anyway. Tylenol PM usually works great for me but lately it has not been working at all. My doctor told me that I could take Unisom. I have been breaking them in half and only taking a half. It seems to be working ok.

March 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep. TERRIBLE insomnia. I have trouble falling asleep, and once I fall asleep I have trouble staying asleep because of the wacky/scary dreams i'm always having

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 15th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishysticks View Post
Yep. TERRIBLE insomnia. I have trouble falling asleep, and once I fall asleep I have trouble staying asleep because of the wacky/scary dreams i'm always having
lol the dreams are rediculous arent they!! I keep having this dream that I am hanging out with DF's sister and brother (he has 2 sisters so these siblings are imaginary lol) and they make me do bad things when hes not around... I dream of them every other night
March 15th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Super Mommy
I have no trouble at all falling asleep.
Staying asleep is ano ther story. I wake up numerous times to pee and can't get back to sleep until it seems like I have to go again LOL
March 16th, 2009, 11:15 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I fall asleep tired as can be.

But wake up after an hour or 2.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search