A great weekend here too

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Snowpeas
I actually had a great weekend!

My first good news came Friday. My FIL bought us a full-size fridge at a garage sale. It might not sound like much but we've been using a tiny little mini fridge for nine months now!! It drove me nuts because hardly anything fit in there so it was so hard to cook or plan meals or eat when I was hungry because no leftovers fit in it! I would have to bundle up Olivia, bundle up myself, trek down the stairs of death, lol, get my key out and try to get into my IL's apt, get to the fridge, try to figure out where our stuff was vs. theirs, grab the food, and reverse the process. A big PITB. And when she took her 3 hour nap I would just have to wait until she woke up to eat. Ugh.

So now the fridge is here and I honestly can't stop going into the kitchen to make sure it's still there. I am SO, SO, happy right now.

And the next big news (to me) is we're getting actual internet
We're getting it installed sometime Tuesday and it's supposed to be fast (6.0 speed?) so I not only will be able to post anytime I want, but I can finally download pictures and videos. With my current "internet" it can take hours just to load the posts and respond (so I usually click on it, clean the house, or play with Olivia and then come back when it finally loads). So I can't wait until Tuesday! We're getting a bundle deal, it's unlimited internet, unlimited local and long distance calls and a nice satellite tv package. We've just had over the air channels since we've been here and I miss my hgtv, tlc, discovery channel, etc shows! I'm so, so, so happy. And the company we signed up with isn't going to charge us anything when we move so that's why we were able to get it now

Woohooo!!!!!!!!

The only negative is that my dh hurt his back getting the fridge up to our apartment. It got caught on our stupid stairs or something. I hope his back heals quickly - he's walking like an old man. Poor thing. Of course he is scoring lots of free massages because of it. lol
March 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
That sounds like a rocking weekend!

March 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Yay for a fantastic weekend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search