Qotd....03/16

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2009, 03:46 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm currently a SAHM. I babysit at home to make a bit of extra money. I have a seasonal part time job that I work usually one or two nights a week for a few hours.

I'm going to stay home for as long as I can but eventually I will go back to work. I have my teaching degree and will go back to teaching elementary school.

March 16th, 2009, 04:39 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im disabled so i will most likely be a stay at home mom by default

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

March 16th, 2009, 05:17 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breana is in daycare and so will be peanut!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 16th, 2009, 05:34 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a SAHM and love it! I stayed home until my oldest was 3 years old and then Grandma babysat her for us. Then I worked until I was 5 months preggers with my 2nd and I've been a SAHM ever since.

March 16th, 2009, 05:36 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
SAHM It is just easier and cheaper for us since I can get a little bit of work off of ebay and still take care of the kids and with all of the dr's appt I don't have to go through a work schedule.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 16th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
sahm... but I will be in school starting jan. after baby

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 16th, 2009, 06:49 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As of now it will be SAHD, since my job carries all of the benefits and I make a considerable amount more than he does, he will be staying at home and working a few nights a week ( I can work from home 2 days a week if I choose) Nothing different from now!

I will be taking off the rest of the year after the baby is born. Then returning to work, I have also decided that since I only need a year of schooling left to finish my BS I will be starting that back up this summer.

March 16th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
I will be a SAHM. I have been since before my oldest was born. With 4-5 kiddos in daycare it would be just a complete waste of money. Since any money I would make would go straight towards paying for daycare and then some. So money wise it's better for me to stay home. Plus I do have some pretty bad back problems.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

March 16th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Super Mommy
SAHM, I have been SAHM ever since Claudia was born, and I love it. Once the babies are in school I am sure I will be looking for a part-time job.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

March 16th, 2009, 07:13 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Which will you choose and why??

SAHM, daycare, or a private sitter??

Well, for the time being I'm going to be a SAHM but I will be doing schooling as well. Once I'm done with school I will hopefully be able to get a job as a nutritionist on post which will be a HARD thing to do....but I will try my hardest!

I have always been home for the first year which both of my kids, as well as this one. However, this time around I will be going to school.
March 16th, 2009, 07:47 AM
*Hayley*
daycare here, unless i don't get my teaching contract renewed which is possible (thanks economy). i LOVED staying home with Cohen for the first 6months, but by the time i went to work, I was ready for it. daycare has been a great thing for him; he's happy, socialized, and the owners are a gem! I trust them 110% with my son.
March 16th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Well since my dh can't work because of his injury he is the sahd. I call him Mr Mom. I know its not oringinal but hey it works. It def saves on daycare costs.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 16th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In a perfect world I would stay at home until my children were in school and then go back to teaching, but it is very hard to get teaching jobs around here and I have a pretty nice one.

Our neighbor has an in home daycare which is much better for us that a center would be and she loves the kids like her own. This one will go to her daycare with Ava and hopefully will have the same great experience. She's so well rounded and friendly with everyone. Not afraid of a single thing at the moment. And even though I'm a teacher I feel like she's learning more in daycare than I could ever teach her if it were just her and I at home.

I also love being a teacher because I do have nice hours and have my summers free to be at home with Ava...and when she does go to school I'll have a similar schedule.
March 16th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be a SAHM. We actually decided that before we got married and fortunately planned for it for awhile (we moved hours away from family where my DH got a better paying job AND the houses are cheaper)! I'm in school getting my teaching degree now, I plan on finishing it slowly while the baby is little and then we will start school together

We are a couple of planners.. we'll see how that changes after baby!
March 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
Right now my son is in daycare/preschool. He stayed home with my Mom until he was 2 and my dad until he was 3. The only reason he's in daycare now is for his social skills. My dad is 75 so he needed to be around children more. He enjoys it but my pockets sure don't. $145 per week!!! My mom or dad usually pick him up from school and he stays with them until I get out of school which is around 9:30 ish.

With this baby daycare is probably the option. Both myself and DF work. Me from 9-6 and him from 9-8. My mom went back to work and my dad is just a little too old to ask to keep an infant. DF's mom doesn't work and she keeps his nephew right now. So maybe we'll do that until the baby is about 2 or 3. I have an issue putting infants into daycare. I think they need one on one attention.
March 16th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Snowpeas
I've been a SAHM since we moved to this state 9 months ago. Before that I worked 2 days/week (grandma or dh would watch her when I worked and I would come home on breaks to bf her).

I am hoping to continue to be a SAHM or work part-time again with family watching her (what we feel most comfortable with). I am a nurse and recently applied to have my license switched to this state. Once that comes through I might have to go to work depending on if dh is able to find another job or not.
March 16th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
My parents & grandparents have volunteered to babysit while DH & I are at work. Thank goodness! I looked into Daycare costs in my area & they were around $700 per month!! I could NEVER afford that! DH & I are usually home from work around 4pm during the week & DH has every weekend off, plus my schedule is a little flexable so my parents/grandparents will probably only need to babysit about 4 days a week for me.

March 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have NO idea what I'm going to do!! I think daycare is pretty much out because I'll be working 2 1/2 days a week. Well, all of the daycare's around here don't care and will charge me for a full 5 days, whether or not my child is there... They won't do a by-the-day deal. But how much would a babysitter cost for 2 1/2 days? Probably the same as 5 days of daycare! So I have a lot of research ahead of me to see what my options are...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search