freaking out a tad

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
This baby will be my second and I am freaking out with this one more than i did with my first! I am sooo scared of adding a newborn to our family... NO sleep...no time with DH.. And Braylin .. I dont want her to feel left out, or think we dont love her.. I dont know.

I was so happy to find out that I was pregnant.. but lately i have been really dreading having a baby.. whats wrong with me. I mean i am happy.. i duno.. maybe its because ive been so sick and everything has been so rocky. Am I alone?

Also if you have already had your second... did it turn out ok?? Did you love you second like your first. Thank you all.. i hope i am not alone.. i feel like a bad mom.

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 16th, 2009, 06:30 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I think that is completely normal! I feel the same way some days. Going from 1 kid to two is scary. I wonder how I'll have enough time and how I'll be able to make it through the day with little sleep. I wonder how Ben will adjust to being a big brother. He and I have a very strong bond and I don't want that to change.

It will all find a way to work itself out. We will all make it work! It's amazing what a mommy can do!

March 16th, 2009, 06:50 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dont feel bad, I feel the same way. I feel horrible because half the time I dont even want this baby at all. But other times I am happy to be giving Addi a playmate and I know God wouldnt give me anything I couldnt handle.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

March 16th, 2009, 06:51 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you are thinking completely normal. I feel the same way sometimes.

I am sure it will work out in the end. you will love your 2nd as much as you love your first I am sure.

hang in there.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 16th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Thanks girls I am relieved that this is normal and I am not a complete nutcase!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 16th, 2009, 07:20 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I think it's normal. I had 9.5 years between my two so I was freaking out like it was my first child all over again. This time I'm not really freaking out yet...however, I'm stressed as it with dh's family drama that I don't have time to think...
March 16th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Super Mommy
I feel exactly the same way. I was so happy when we found out I am pg, but once the news hit we are having twins, I am having mixed emotions about it. How on earth will I do it? I mostly worry about Claudia, she will starting new school around the same time babies will be born, I am just freaking out. I know it will be a huge adjustment. I know we will get through it, it won't be easy though.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

March 16th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Super Mommy
i FEEL the same way and actually think I posted about this last week. I think its an adjustment they all have to make, I think Chase will be a little jealous but with my friends babies, hes do good he hugs them and makes nice I just do't want him feeling left out.
March 16th, 2009, 07:40 AM
*Hayley*
looks like several of us feel the same way. i made a post about this a few weeks ago. i really think my son will handle the adjustment well, but it's me i mainly concerned about. i'm worried that cohen will feel like i don't love him as much or something. i have to stop and realize that it's just something that i'm going to have to ride out. things will go the way they are supposed to. i didn't know what to expect with cohen and he's an angel. crossing my fingers that we get that lucky again.
March 16th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
I have such a connection with my son it's crazy. For most of his life it was just me and him. When the new baby comes, I don't think he will be jealous at all. He has so many people around him that love and spoil him, I don't think he's even going to notice. Plus these days, he rather be around my father(his granddaddy) than me anyway.
March 16th, 2009, 07:54 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's totally normal. When I was preggers with my 2nd, I remember freaking out. Wondering what I had gotten myself into and how it'd be so different now. I wondered how I could possibly love another child as much and how it'd be so hard trying to juggle two kids and share the love and time, etc, etc...

Guess what....

IT'S EASY!!! lol You really don't split the love, your heart actually grows bigger! I swear it's true, you take one look at that little baby and you just feel your heart grow bigger and fill with just as much love for it as your first, without losing love for your first.
Sleeping... ehh.. we have time to sleep when we're dead. Making time for both, well it's just a gradual thing. Of course at first the baby will have more time, because it NEEDS more time. But when things calm down a bit, you just learn to adjust. You don't even really have to try, it just happens and falls into place. Plus, your first can help and be involved and they love it!
With DH, it's the same. You just manage to fit it all in and it's really not hard.
The only real difference is getting ready to go somewhere takes longer. lol

March 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Snowpeas
I feel exactly the same way. I've read and heard that it is completely normal and once that little baby is placed into your arms all those doubts and fears will disappear.

I remember a few girls in my first DDC posting the same worries and fears. But as soon as their second baby came they were all completely in love. Reflecting on that really helps me to feel better about it.
March 16th, 2009, 09:35 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Hi! I just wanted to let you know I felt the same way with Owen. I couldn't balance them out at first, because I thought I was neglecting KJ so I wouldn't take care of Owen. Then a couple weeks later I found the balance.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Its normal to feel that. things will be fine sweetie!

I have a melt down moment right before birth with each of my kids when adding another.

but it all works out!

March 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Its normal to feel that. things will be fine sweetie!

I have a melt down moment right before birth with each of my kids when adding another.

but it all works out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search