Cloth Diapers - What kinds...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2009, 03:00 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
for those CDing... what kind of diapers will you use for a newborn?

What about covers?

March 16th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
We will use goodmamas.

I am not 100% sure what we will do for little newborn fluff though.

March 16th, 2009, 03:57 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I'm not sure. i've been told since I will be new to it to try BumGenius 3.0 . . but if it's a girl I def. want some cute covers so we will have to see...
March 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
We will be using prefolds and thristies covers for awhile then switch over to pockets but mostly AIOs. I have an assortment of diferent diapers. No goodmamas yet. Hope to get some cheap soon as we find out the sex.

I have piddle poddle, bum genius, mutts and of course a lot of prefolds. I really need covers and snappis. But I want to wait until we find out the sex before I buy those.

March 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Snowpeas
I've got a little bit of everything to try for newborn fluff. lol

I've got various AIOs (very baby and atd's among them) and some fitteds with a variety of covers from diaper swappers to use for the first few months.

I use mainly BG 3.0s and some baby kangas with Olivia and will switch to the one size diapers with this baby when (s)he gets big enough.

I really want to get some BG organic AIOs since I've heard great things about them but we'll see how our budget goes.
March 16th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Veteran
The plan is to use disposables while s/he is a brand-newbie and then switch to BumGenius w/ Snaps.

March 16th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
This is a great post, something I've been thinking about more and more since I want to Cloth Diaper this time around! So far I'm really interested in AIO diapers and I've heard good things about BumGenius

March 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
haha....all of these different diapers I have never heard of...its like me being in a car forum discussing car parts...lost! I will have to do some research!
March 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bum Genius one-size are AWESOME. They can go really really tiny and we never even used them on the smallest setting. Hugo's on the largest setting now and they are still going strong. No leaks!! We're definitely passing down/sharing his stash with the new baby. I love that we won't have to buy any diapers!!!

March 18th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteele View Post
haha....all of these different diapers I have never heard of...its like me being in a car forum discussing car parts...lost! I will have to do some research!
Well if you need any help please let me know! I would love to help out as much as I can!

March 18th, 2009, 06:41 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
Well if you need any help please let me know! I would love to help out as much as I can!

I'm going to need all the help I can get! I'm a cloth diaper virgin!
March 18th, 2009, 07:00 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteele View Post
LOL ... car forums and car parts I can do! diapers and baby things I'm totally lost....

April 25th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Veteran
I'm a CD researchin' and I saw Organic Caboose newborn diaper. Any feedback on those?
There seem to be some recs over on the cd board, too. But this is day 3 of diving into this, and I think I'm getting hooked on the idea...
April 25th, 2009, 07:10 PM
hoping4more
im not sure yet. but cding sounds interesting.... think i might give it a try... but still not sure. one thing i can say is they are super cute!!!
April 25th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
I'm using disposibles for the first few months while I recover for my c/s and adjust to have 2, lol. Then we will probobably do BGOS - out of the many many many different brands and kinds I have tried, they were my favorite. And I can honestly say I've tried almost all of the well-known brands!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 25th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I am using the one size snap Blueberry brand, no covers needed

April 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I so wanna CD this baby, and start with my toddler.. but I have no idea where to begin.. I need to start with something easy on my budget.. and I wanna def. have the teeny tiny ones, as this baby is supposed to be small because of my medication..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 25th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by little duckie View Post
I so wanna CD this baby, and start with my toddler.. but I have no idea where to begin.. I need to start with something easy on my budget.. and I wanna def. have the teeny tiny ones, as this baby is supposed to be small because of my medication..
start with prefolds, they are cheap and easy to maintain/clean! all you will need is some good covers, like bummis or thirsties. If you can sew a straight line, you can even make some fleece covers!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

April 25th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
No sewing here... I know I am LAZY I wanna go the easiest route possible. Basically I want to do like I do with a disposable, just put it on and go, or put on one thing then a cover and go..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 25th, 2009, 09:51 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I really am considering cloth diapering this baby. I just have to motivate myself enough to keep up with the laundry. When I stop and think about how many diapers we've sent to a landfill just for one child I feel incredibly guilty.

I want something simple and that won't leave the baby leaking wet with one small little pee. I'll have a toddler to attend to as well as the soon to be toddler that I babysit so I can't guarantee that I'll be able to change the baby the very second he/she finishes peeing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search