first appt. tomo but feeling like C**P

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone well, today i left work 1 hr after i started bc my throat hurts so much i cant swallow and i have fever. Well i went to the clinic today and waited 4 hrs to see a doctor. Finally the doctor concluded that i have a big throat infection and fever so, he gave me antibiotics and told me to mention to my OB tomo that i am taking those antibiotics. I asked him if it would b safe for the baby and he said yes.
Well i threw up this morning alot ( basically nothing cause i hadnt eaten yet ) and since then i just feel like pure garbage. My head and ALL my bones are killing me bc i have fever and i cant even swallow cause my throat hurts soo much. I have to go back to work on wednesday so i hope that ill b feeling better by that time.
Does anyone know if fever is dangerous for the baby ?? im really worried about the baby considering the way im feeling. Ive been wrapped up in a blanket pretty much all day , and i eat by force cause i know i have to.
SOrry its sort of long i just need some comfort so maybe ill feel a lil better.

Thanks. xx

March 16th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sick right now too. My sister came into town with her two boys for my son's birthday this weekend, and needless to say they were both sick. She said they weren't really sick, but by Sunday they were both feverish and groggy and coughing. Come to find out today after she takes them to the doctor that they both have strep throat!!!! I barely started to get the itchy dry sore throat and now my son is coughing. I am sooooo mad at her!!!! I hate being sick but even more so I hate being sick while pregnant. I feel guilty taking med's because even though I know my doctor says they are safe I am still worried how they affect my bean.
Sorry, I know didnt offer you any comfort, but you are not alone I am sick right there with you!
March 16th, 2009, 03:52 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
A fever is bad and you should get it checked out. But I really can't think of the temp that is bad. I bet one of the other girls would know.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Super Mommy
im glad to hear im not the only sick one and im not the only one who feels guilty and worried bout taking meds. i did get it checked out today and the doctor gave me antibiotics for my infection. i guess once the infection starts to get cured the fever will start going away.

March 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Take some tylenol for the fever, it's perfectly safe. Try some cough drops for the throat, they are safe also.

March 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I feel guilty about taking meds,to!I hope your feeling better soon!
March 16th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Snowpeas
I hope you feel better soon!! What is your temperature running?
March 16th, 2009, 04:53 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you feel better soon.
March 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
OMG, that's horrible! I hope the meds kick in soon so you can feel better.

I had to take antibiotics during my last pregnancy and it was fine. My baby is happy and healthy I hope that makes you feel a little better.

March 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I have heard that anything over 100 could be dangerous, however, when I was sick earlier in the pregnancy the advice nurse said anything over 102 to go to the er...

So I don't know. The best bet would be to call you md and find out what they recommend.
March 17th, 2009, 04:22 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
(((((HUGS)))) Im sorry sweetie! It makes it even worse when you are pg AND sick.

March 17th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Super Mommy
thank you ladies for all your responses.. it does reassure me.i am feeling a Whole lot better today , no more fever and i just took 1 pill of my antibiotics and my sore throat went away but, i know i have to keep taking them anyway
i have my first appt. today with the doc i hope it goes well.. ill keep u all posted when i get back.
I live in Quebec does anyone know if they make you hear the heartbeat on the first appt. ?? cause im really excited for that and so is SO.I didnt think so but im just asking incase anyone from Quebec knows anything about that lol.

March 17th, 2009, 05:31 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you are feeling better soon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 17th, 2009, 05:49 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Fevers can be bad especially this early in pregnancy. If it goes up again take some Tylenol to bring it back down. Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest. I hope you feel better soon!

March 17th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Snowpeas
How are you feeling? How did your OB appointment go?
March 18th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Super Mommy
my OB appt. went veryy well.. i love the doc he is just very nice and will take the time to answer all of ur questions.. i have my next appt. on april 14 and my ultrasound april 15th! cant wait !!! thanks for asking !!!

i have somethign esle to ask u ladies but i cant right now cause i dont have enough time to write it and well explain cause i have to leave for work so ill ask later.. haha

March 18th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Snowpeas
I'm glad it went well. Your u/s appt will be here before you know it!

Hope you have a good day at work!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search