Summer Plans

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2009, 06:05 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are your plans for this summer?

Long Vacations?

Mini Vacation?

Weekend getaway?

Tell me all about it

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 17th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Super Mommy
No Vacations or anything like that planned
we could wait to start getting out of the house though!
This has been a boring long hard winter cooped up in this house!
March 17th, 2009, 06:12 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
We don't have any plans for this summer. I don't want to put out the money for a vacation when we have a new baby coming. We need to do remodeling to our house and get a new vehicle.

March 17th, 2009, 06:14 AM
This summer will be really different from the last few... I've been lucky enough to do quite a bit of traveling in recent years, since we wanted to get the chance before we had kids. Last year we went to Italy for three weeks, and I was in South Africa for three weeks the summer before. This summer, the most exciting event will be a week at my sister's cottage in New Brunswick - but still a lot of fun and nice to spend time together. We'll also do weekend trips to see family in Montreal and Ottawa. Maybe a few days camping?

- I'm a teacher, and just looking forward to having the summer off!
March 17th, 2009, 06:23 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a vacation planned for the end of August in OBX, NC. Should be fun in the sorching heat in my 3rd trimester. lol
Other than that, I'm not sure. Hopefully LOTS of baseball games. I'm a HUGE Indians fan and can not wait until Home Opener April 10th (my 11th anniversary, btw. )
Lots of playing outside, park, all the typical summer stuff.
Plus, we'll be starting the addition to our house this spring.

March 17th, 2009, 07:14 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
No long vacations

We will take day trips to Cape May Zoo (I love that place) and Sesame Place

Thanks to cavewoman

March 17th, 2009, 07:32 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we are going to Maine in July and then the weekend getaways to the beach

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 17th, 2009, 07:36 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
What are your plans for this summer? Hehehe we will be in Italy so I'm sure we will find somewhere to go...

Long Vacations? No long vacations planned due to dh's work and not certain how it will be over there

Mini Vacation? Not sure about mini vacations either - until December I do plan on visiting some friend in Germany while dh is deployed

Weekend getaway? We will be planning a lot of weekend getaways. Dh's job is going to take him away every other month until he deploys - at least that is what we've been told.
March 17th, 2009, 07:36 AM
*Hayley*
our plans are to save for a house, and buy a new car.
March 17th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Well that hard to say right now. Dh is due to go to a mediation with the insurance company for his injury in May. If he gets his settlement we will be moving back to California. If not then we are planning to take a long weekend and go to Virginia and Washington DC. We want DD to see all the historical places.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 17th, 2009, 07:46 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing planned yet. Saving money will be key. Might go to a baseball game or something for SO's birthday. Other than that, probably just going to the local beaches.

March 17th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
This Spring/summer:

Weekend or Daytrip to Ocean City
Daytrip(s) to Atlantic City
Seseame Place
Poconos
I can't get on any rides but Kings Dominion and Six Flag and this other amusement park that I can't think of the name in Ohio.
Possibly Virginia Beach
And just day trips to Baltimore and Philly. We live about 15 mins from DC so we'll probably be going into the city more often to museums, the monuments, and the zoo.

I can't wait for it to warm up!!!
March 17th, 2009, 09:21 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing big planned here. DH is going on a week-long fishing trip with his dad and brother, but that's coming out of his fun money account (we each get $50/month to set aside and to use as we wish), so I can't complain since it's not OUR money. Plus I'm looking forward to the week alone!

We have a few campers with our family and we go camping a couple times in the spring/summer, so we'll do that, but that's probably it. We need a new car, so any extra money is going there!
March 17th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be spending a week with my family in MD (younger brother graduates from the academy!) and seeing my goddaughter.
In June DH and I will be headed to Charleston for a few days- it was supposed to be a week-long cruise but , well, we're having a baby instead.
Probably another weekend with my parents in NYC somewhere in there.

What I am really excited about is starting my garden here. We are building a patio and I'll be planting a veg. garden and a few fruit trees. Big plans for the backyard!
March 17th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Snowpeas
Our only vacations will be visiting family - one trip will be 5 hours each way and one will be 8. I want to get all my visiting in during the 2nd trimester because when it gets closer to baby day I am not going to want to be in a car that long!

My biggest summer plans are to finally move into our house. We've been working on it a year and it should be ready soon. Fingers crossed!
March 17th, 2009, 12:04 PM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
We will be driving 10 hours to South Padre Island in TX and staying 4 days 3 nights (may). Its doubling as our summer vacation and honeymoon. We are going with 3 other couples. One of which is also preggo and will be in her 3rd tri.

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

March 18th, 2009, 04:00 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
we have no plans LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search