Have you decided what big items you'll be buying for baby?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
We were given a perfectly good swing for Spencer and it still works great, in fact it was barely used. But I told DF I found a collection from Fisher Price called Zen that I absolutely LOVE and I really want to buy the bassinet and swing pieces. We didn't have a bassinet with Spencer but DF knew how bad I wanted one. So he's agreed to let me have those two items this time!! Has anyone seen this collection in stores? None of the Wal Mart, Target, or Babies R Us stores around here carry any of the pieces in this collection. I guess I'll have to order directly from Fisher Price. But I fell in love with the bassinet and swing the moment I saw them! What do you guys think??

Bassinet: It rocks side to side and plays "zen" calming music, nature sounds, etc

Swing: I love that you can wrap baby in the swing with the blanket! It swings back and forth and side to side. And it also detaches and turns into a bouncer!

ETA: Oh yeah! I forgot to add that we already have all the other big items for this baby! Everything but the clothes are unisex in color so if it's a boy, we're set on EVERYTHING including clothes. If it's a girl, I think just some girl clothes and that's it. We bought a convertible crib with Spencer thinking it would save money in the long run, but I think we've decided to let the new baby use the same crib and buy Spencer a toddler bed when the baby is born. Something with sides definately so he won't fall out. I'm too paranoid about that. LOL DF wants to get him a race car bed or something like that!

Last edited by Blue_Twinkles; March 17th, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
March 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Veteran
Those are very nice! We have all of Ethan's stuff and it's all neutral in colors/unisex. Only thing we would have to buy is baby girl clothes if it's a girl (which I am sure it is!)

Baby # 2 is a Boy!!!
March 17th, 2009, 02:26 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's cute!
If it's a girl, we'll be buying nothing but a double stroller. lol It's it's a boy, we'll be buying a bouncer, a double stroller, car seat, clothes, boppy covers.

March 17th, 2009, 02:31 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Well we had to buy everything ahead of time for the movers so we have everything except a bouner and a swing which dh is responsible for picking out. We also still need to get the bedding set which we will pick out after we know the gender.
March 17th, 2009, 03:17 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
Well when June comes or later (I'm a procrasinator) I probably won't have it until the baby actually comes we are getting

For the travel system I'm getting a nuetral one because I'm liking green this time and the cover won't project heat in Florida

And for the swing i have Fisher Price Precious Planet

I have the bouncy seat (it is blue, but no one sees that) and a bouncy thing already and a pack and play, these would be the only things to buy.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 17th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Snowpeas
Since Olivia is less than a year and half we still have everything of hers (luckily we got it all in gender neutral colors). The only big thing we will have to buy is a toddler bed for Olivia so this baby will be able to use her crib and clothes if it's a boy. We should have everything else.
March 17th, 2009, 06:16 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Since this is our second we already have most of the big stuff. Our swing and bouncy seat are blue but even if this baby is a girl I'm not planning on buying new ones. The baby isn't going to care that they are blue!

We'll need a double stroller. I also want to get a Moby Wrap to wear the baby. Regardless of whether it's a girl or boy we'll need some new clothes. DS was born in June so his newborn stuff is summer clothes. I won't be able to use them on a baby in October.

I really like that set you posted but I've never seen it anywhere. It's really cool looking!

March 18th, 2009, 04:07 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Oooh! Those are cute!

We will not be getting anything. We are set thankfully.

With bella we had gotten a new infant carseat, being the other was expired, and due to one of the older kids breaking the changing table (that was over 10 years old) we had to get a new changing table. AND right before we moved here this past summer the crib we had had for over 10 years broke too. THankfully we had some sweet friends that let us use theirs since they are having no more babies.

So we are good to go.

March 18th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
We have to get almost everything.. with our first they were already hand me downs and are in no shape or form to be used again. I know I am having a "baby sprinkle" so hopefully my inlaws will get us one "big" item!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 18th, 2009, 06:52 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
being our first we need to get everything. DF has a good friend who has already offered to give us everything from their son that can be used again (he is 5 now, but they have kept everything from birth up)
I dont think I will start to buy anything until i know the gender, plus that give me time to start collecting some money!

March 18th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
The only thing I can think of is the double stroller. We have everything when Claudia was a baby, we won't get 2 of everything unless both babies will love the same thing like a swing. Probably a second crib but they will be sleeping together for a while (few months), so that is on our list as well.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

March 18th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is our first - so we'll need everything and I haven't even figured out what 'everything' is yet! Luckily, our friends are giving us a crib and changing table that is only a few years old and it matches the nursery perfectly (we wanted white furniture b/c the walls are tiffany blue).

Other than that, I'm hoping that my baby showers will provide us with everything we need. I have lots of giving friends and family.

Looks like my biggest expense right now will be maternity clothes b/c no one is my size, so I can't borrow anything - have to buy it all new!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
March 18th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The only thing I can think of that we will *need* to buy is a new car seat/stroller if this is a boy. We needed a new one last time and we were thinking she would be our last. We have never really bought any major gear that has been gender specific so we splurged and bought pink. LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search