Twin Mommies!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I know there are a few expecting twins.Do you know if you are expecting Identical or Fraternal yet?

When i had my sonogram the tech said she really couldn't tell 100% because i was so early.But then she said as far as she can tell there Identical.
March 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
there are a lot of things that factor into figuring out if they are fraternal or identical. First if there is more then 1 placenta. Another is if there is a dividing membrane between them. Those are the 2 big ones I remember from my pregnancy with my twins.

I just wanted to add a few early u/s pics from my twins

as you can see they are in different sacs. They are fraternal
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

Last edited by corey92902; March 17th, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
March 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah as far as she could see there was only one placenta.That's why she said identical.Here are mine.I can't wait to get another ultrasound when i'm further along.I'm hoping they'll be able to tell me more by then as i was so early with this one.

March 17th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
IF only one placenta can be seen then it really sounds like identical. Also if they are in just one sac.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

March 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, it's PROBABLY fraternal twins, since we did transfer two embryos. There are two sacs, and at our next ultrasound in a few weeks they will be looking to see if there are one or two placentas.

March 17th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our second U/S is on Monday ( I should be 8wks 2 dys) ... we will have the twin thing confirmed then. From what we could see last time (I know I haven't posted the first u/s pics yet!) there are two sacs each containing a "fetal pole". 1 had a heart "flicker" not a full heartbeat and the other hadn't kicked in yet. The DR said not to worry ... it was still early then, thus the appointment on Monday to confirm EVERYTHING. He actually saw a third sac but it didn't look like it had any contents. I guess if all goes well ... they will be fraternal based on the 2 separate sacs. I'll keep ya posted ...

There must have been something in the water we all drank in Jan/Feb !! Hahaha

March 17th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Snowpeas
I'm so excited to follow all our twin mommies
March 18th, 2009, 04:17 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Hey mandy you should try to get in touch with Char from the Aug DDC> Her boys were identical weren't they?? I remember she had many of the same questions throughout the pg.

March 18th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to shannaaugh
We transfered two embryos and we are having fraternal twins. As you can see in the u/s pic there are 2 separate and distinct sacs. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

March 18th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Super Mommy
We are pretty sure we have fratenal twins, since we transfered 2 embies. Our u/s's show two sacs. I am going today for another u/s and will ask them for sure.

1/26/09-2 Beaufitul Embies Transfered!!
2/5/09-BETA, POSTIVE, 250 @ 10dpt!!
2/18/09-1st U/S, we are expecting Twins!!

March 18th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If my doctor really saw a second baby last time then I think they are identical because I only saw one yolk sac. I'm supposed to have another ultrasound today to confirm it.

My 6 month old twins are fraternal. Two sacs, two placentas, and different gender equals fraternal.

March 18th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to share my u/s picture from my 6 month old twins.

The day I found out(9 weeks, 3 days I believe)..

March 18th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I know the difference between Identical and Fraternal.What i'm worried about is having mono-mono twins due to how risky the pregnancy can be with the cord becoming entangled.

I know there is one placenta....but i need to find out if there are two sacs!I HOPE and PRAY there are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
Hey mandy you should try to get in touch with Char from the Aug DDC> Her boys were identical weren't they?? I remember she had many of the same questions throughout the pg.
I don't remember her?I've been in contact with Jara from the Aug PR and she has been a lifesavor!
March 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mandy* View Post
I know the difference between Identical and Fraternal.What i'm worried about is having mono-mono twins due to how risky the pregnancy can be with the cord becoming entangled.

I know there is one placenta....but i need to find out if there are two sacs!I HOPE and PRAY there are!

I don't remember her?I've been in contact with Jara from the Aug PR and she has been a lifesavor!
I think her screen name was Char07

After the babes were born she wasnt on much. But I believe most of the pg they said they were pretty sure they were identical, but wouldn't be SURE till after birth??

And I am pretty sure they were. My memory is foggy today. I just got done working on some stuff and feel like my eyes are crossing now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search