looking for a little help

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Snowpeas
There's a website that you can go to where you can enter your vehicle and find out what car seats fit.... I can't remember what it is
March 17th, 2009, 10:07 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Hmm I really don't know. Thirteen inches doesn't sound like much to work with.

March 18th, 2009, 05:13 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
hmmmm..... is there any way you could have a booster in that spot rather than the infant seat??

I don't remember seeing anything that says the wideths of the bases. Other than going to babies r us and measuring??

What about calling the local carseat inspection place ( usually the fire department) and asking if they know any off hand?

March 18th, 2009, 06:07 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can go to your BRU and they will allow you to see if they fit in your car, before purchasing. But it doesn't sound like any are going to fit. You might try to see if the booster will fit there or look for a van. lol

March 18th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We need to fit 6 car seats plus have room for 4 more kids in our 12 passenger. With the Britax car seats that we had, that was just not going to happen. Mainly, I needed to fit 2 car seats and 2 kids across the 4 passenger bench in the back. I looked around and found the Sunshine Radiance 65 which is only 17" wide. I just got them on Monday and was able to fit those two plus have plenty of room for two of the bigger kids.

I know you are looking for an infant car seat. We went through the same problem when we had the Suburban as our family car. To get to the back seat, you had to fold the passenger side of the middle row down and the infant seat we had was just too wide to let that happen.

It sounds like you are working with even less room but, if it helps, we got the Graco Snug-n-Ride (I *think* that is what it's called) because it was the narrowest one that we could find. That was over 5 years ago, though, so maybe there is something different.

If not, maybe you could look at the Radiance 65s to give you more room. They also have 80s that hold up to 80 pounds (they are 5 point harnesses). I have my 5 year old in one and she can get in and out by herself but our 3 year old can't.

Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search