Braxton hicks?? already?!?!?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was plagued from 25 weeks on with HORRIBLY painful braxton hicks during my pregnancy with Holden

i'm not feeling really good tonight.. my stomach is VERY upset and I just had what felt exactly like 2 braxton hicks contractions. My uterus tightened on one side and immediately my hand went to my stomach and it was rock hard.

Is this normal?? Could it be because i'm gassy??

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 17th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Snowpeas
Hmm, I'm not sure. I know they say you can feel them earlier with every pregnancy. Are they painful or just a tightening?
March 18th, 2009, 04:15 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I started early contractions like that last time around 15 weeks I think??? the pg before that was 18 weeks.

But it took me a few days of having it all the time to get what it was really LOL I mean I THOUGHT maybe that is what it was, but didn't think it was possible.

March 18th, 2009, 04:18 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Anything is possible but it could have just been gas.

March 18th, 2009, 05:12 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most likely it was just gas.

March 18th, 2009, 05:18 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
I have mine since 8 weeks. So it is definitely possible. The drs will not tell you they are contractions "just crampy pains" but they are. They blow me off until 16 weeks. When they will put me on the L&D monitor.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 18th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I remember Braxton Hicks vividly because I had them probably every 5-10 minutes for half of my last pregnancy.

They aren't particularly painful (not compared to real contractions), but they're not pleasant either.

I woke up this morning in pain.. and since I already have to call and complain about the rip off appointment yesterday, I might as well ask about this

March 18th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Super Mommy
I felt something similar last night but since this is my first time I just thought it was cramp, it lasted about 2 minutes. Felt like my lower left side tightened and a dull ache like someone then realease after 2 minutes. Is that what it is?
March 18th, 2009, 09:15 AM
yeah that's pretty much what it feels like. With mine, I can SEE the BH. it's like a knot coming out of my stomach, I used to call it the "baby tumor"

the doctor said it's "too early" for me to be getting BH, but I know that's what they were. I consider myself an expert on what they feel like
she told me to try and poop and call her back
poop ain't happenin!

OH, and they won't refund my money for that STUPID genetic appointment.
so.. they want me to wait until 18 weeks to find out if my child is going to have a fatal illness? Something like 90% of all babies with neonatal PKD are stillborn or die within the first 2 years of life. I have a right to know that, now.

March 18th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Bama08mommy4's Avatar Regular
It seems a little early for Braxton Hicks but that's definitley what it sounds like! Though, I think it could easily get confused with gas, there's no denying your stomach going rock hard. Hopefully they'll subside for awhile and at least give you a little comfort for a few months! (I had them horribly my last pregnancy and constantly, ugh.. so I feel your pain!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search